Days of Our Lives: Are the Hours Numbered for the NBC Soap?

Days of Our Lives May EndHang onto your seats soap fans! Dr. Marlena Evans and the Brady and Horton families may be in trouble again – and this time, there may not be an escape!

An industry source has recently reported that NBC is considering canceling the long-running soap opera, Days of Our Lives. NBC has aired the soap for all of its incredible 40+ year run but does not actually own the series.

Word is that NBC feels that the licensing fee it pays to the production company is too high (based on the show’s ratings). If a lower fee can’t be negotiated, the series may end at the end. One source has said that the current contract runs until 2009 but there is a clause in it that would allow NBC to terminate the show as early as the Spring of 2007.

I’ll be on the lookout for new developments. Stay tuned . . .TV Series Finale home page

Beccalu April 28, 2011 at 11:01 am

This has ALWAYS been the ONLY daytime show I never miss. I’ve watched it from the beginning…..please keep it on……PLEASE~

sharon duquaine January 31, 2011 at 1:03 pm

ive watched days since 1985 and it is truly a good story, i hope it doesnt go off. I wish they would put the whole series on dvd. i defiatly would buy it . i would love to see it from the begining.

DLitton June 17, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Days of Our Lives live in so many of us…when we faced difficulties in our lives throughout the years, all we had to do is watch Days of Our Lives…we’d see people in worse shape than us, or we’d get on the spot counseling for our actions that paralleled those teenage and young adult years. Please keep Days of Our Lives going! We have been faithful followers and friends of all the characters in this wonderful soap opera! You all have brought such a grace to the art of theatre!

Margo Greenwell May 27, 2010 at 11:52 am

I HAVE WATCHED THIS SHOW FOR SINCE I CAN REMEMBER- THEY ARE LIKE FAMILY TO ME- IF NBC CANCELS MY SHOW I WILL NEVER WATCH NBC TV AGAIN.

LisaG May 4, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Please don’t take Days of Our Lives off the air. I been watching it from the 1970′s. I used to tape it but now I dvr it. I watch it everyday after work.

Rabco April 24, 2010 at 12:42 am

Days has been picked up by NBC to air atleast until September 2011. Another renewal will come in March 2011.

JONNY BOG SHOE March 15, 2010 at 11:04 am

I READ IN A PICTORIAL NEWSPAPER THAT DAYS OF OUR LIVES IS BEING CANCELLED THIS FALL OF 2010!
IS THERE ANY TRUTH IN THIS REPORT?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE.
MARCH 15, 2010.
NEW HAMPSHIRE.

MATTHEW March 12, 2010 at 11:46 am

DAYSOFOURLIVESMATTHEW MAMAM
1030 BO2006

Jim D February 11, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Ive been watching Days for 29 years my Mother got me hooked ive watched every show aired never missed one episode daily recording and now on DVR please dont take away Days its a soap that hits home to so many people ive used lines from the soap to get dates to get married id be very sad if Days of our lives were to be cancelled its sad that NBC has to take away things its vieweras love we may be just a handful of people but when you take days off the air NBC will be flooded with mail asking that it be returned