Days of Our Lives: Are the Hours Numbered for the NBC Soap?

Days of Our Lives May EndHang onto your seats soap fans! Dr. Marlena Evans and the Brady and Horton families may be in trouble again — and this time, there may not be an escape!

An industry source has recently reported that NBC is considering canceling the long-running soap opera, Days of Our Lives. NBC has aired the soap for all of its incredible 40+ year run but does not actually own the series.

Word is that NBC feels that the licensing fee it pays to the production company is too high (based on the show’s ratings). If a lower fee can’t be negotiated, the series may end at the end. One source has said that the current contract runs until 2009 but there is a clause in it that would allow NBC to terminate the show as early as the Spring of 2007.

I’ll be on the lookout for new developments. Stay tuned . . .TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

84 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

Please oh please don’t take days offf the air. My grandma mom and me and my daughters watch this soap, I use it as therapy at home lol. But reall with all thr reality and bs shows on now you just can’t take days off….I will be forced back to channel seven oh…no

2. kelli says

Ok you cant seriously think that taking DOOL off the air is a good thing. I love this soap and have been a faithful viewer for ever ,along with my mom, grandma, and now my daughters. Please Please dont take it off the air we cant live without our daily Days fix

3. Dorothy Johnson says

I look forward to “DAYS OF OUR LIVES” DAILY. Please keep it on for the many fans
    that watch it on NBC. This soap keeps your rating extremely high, don’t loose your rating.

4. says

DAYS OF OUR LIVES HAS BEEMN MY FAVORITE SOAP SINCE THEY WERE ON THERE LIKE FAMILY TO EVERYONE THEY HAVE THE BEST CAST PLEASE LET IT LIVE ON. IT WILL BE A BAD CHOICE NOT TO KEEP IT ON ALOT OF FANS WILL BE UPSET SO PLEASE RECONSIER

5. says

OH MY !! PLEASE DON”T TAKE DAYS OFF > This is my only hour in the day that I’ll stop to watch T V . There are so many of us that look forward to watching to see what is going to happen next and to whom.
    So Please leave this show alone I’ve watched since the first time it aired fell in love with evrey one that plays on the show . I miss alot of the ons that where way back then and some that are gone now . Thanks for my hour of DAYS.

6. Dana says

There has got to be a way to keep days on the air. Look at all the fans! What can we the fans do? How do we let those that own the show know of our concerns and intense interest in keeping it on the air? Please post this information on the nbc DOOL webpage so the fans can be proactive in keeping this american icon alive.

COME ON DOOL FANS, LET’S UNITE AND SHOW THEM HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS FOR US!!!!!!!!!

7. says

PLEASE don’t take “days ” off the air, I have watched it for 30 years….no other show holds a candle to DAYS…..It is a good family show….not to much violence…All the people are, “friends” for all these.years..I used to watch “another world” and “the doctors” and they are long gone…..DAYS OF OUR LIVES…is the BEST of all of them. PLEASE keep it on the air!!! Many thanks…also from many watchers, that do not have a computer to send their regrets!!!

8. says

Please don;t take the only soap i watch off the air, I been watching this sence 1965 . It’s been a part of the family to me. Can’t we save this soap. It’s the best soap on NBC, the only soap on NBC. PLEASE SAVE DAYS OF OUR LIVES………….

9. jawnnette says

I am a huge Days fan and have been watching Days for about 13 years now. They can’t end Days!!!!! We need to start a petition and send it to NBC. They would be making a huge mistake by taking Days off the air. It is the best soap out there. I can’t even believe that we are having to go through the worrying. Someone needs to tell us if this rumor is 100% true. I need to know!!!!!

10. Kim says

I had a nightmare last night that they cancelled Day’s of our Lives. I googled it today to see if it might be true and to my horror I found that DOOL might really be cancelled. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL DOOL. I would not know what to do with myself. I have watched it for 20 years. I am not sure if there is a rehab I can go to if DOOL goes of the air so save me and everyone else a nervous breakdown and keep Day’s going.

11. bianca S.A says

days of our lives has become a drug to anyone who has watched it for more than 5 years! i know its my drug! i love this show, after one days episode i cant wait for the next.
    please please please dont cancel days of our lives, its a soap that we have grown up with and learnt to love the problems that happen amoung the families!

DOOL is a show we want to watch for the rest of our lives. please dont take it away from us! cancel some other soap!

THANKS

12. daysgirlgonecrazy says

PLEASE I WILL DIE IF DAYS ENDS!! i HAVE WATCHED THE SHOW SINCE I WAS 16YRS OLD! WHICH WAS IN 1986! I LUV DAYS & IT CANT BE REPLACED! BESIDE WITH GUIDING LIGHT GOING OFF IN SEPTEMBER & IF OTHERS GO OFF DAYS WILL THEN BE WATCHED BY EVERYONE!!! PLEASE DONT INTERUPT OUR DAYS OF OUR LIVES!!!