Deception: Cancelled, No Season Two

DeceptionIt looks like there won’t be a second season for NBC’s Deception. Deadline is reporting that the NBC TV series has been cancelled and is one of the first of the peacock’s shows to get the bad news.

On Deception, a wealthy party girl has been mysteriously murdered. Her childhood friend, now a San Francisco narcotics detective, is convinced by her former partner to go undercover into the wealthy world she thought she’d left behind. The cast includes Laz Alonso, Meagan Good, Victor Garber, Katherine LaNasa, Tate Donovan, Wes Brown, and Ella Rae Peck.

The series debuted in January to a 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.66 million total viewers. Those weren’t great numbers but, for NBC, they’d be enough.

The ratings dropped by more than 20% in week two and they kept going down in subsequent weeks. During the course of its 11 week run, Deception fell as low as a 1.1 in the demo and 3.08 million viewers.

Those numbers are terrible and just couldn’t justify bringing the show back for a second season. Unfortunately, the defacto series finale, which aired on March 18th, left viewers with plenty of unanswered questions.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Deception has been cancelled? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

diane August 17, 2013 at 10:07 am

I hope some network picks this show up, loved it and it left u hanging at the end please someone pick it up

sad August 12, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Very sad to see this one go, I liked the plot and was looking forward to the new season.

Tina July 31, 2013 at 6:54 am

What would it take for this show to be brought back? My husband and I were hooked every week. We were definitely looking forward to season 2. Too many unanswered question. Maybe Oprah can pick it up on own???

Deann July 27, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Please bring it back!!!

Anonymous July 21, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Please bring it back! This was a must see for me every week during season one.

Betty Sexton July 11, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Pls bring this show back!!!!!! I looked forward to this each week and the new season which wont happen now. They brought back drop dead diva which i love so they should bring this show back too.

Betty Sexton July 11, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Nisha July 3, 2013 at 6:58 pm

They need to bring this show back! I am so tired of reality tv and this was the one show I could look forward to seeing that wasn’t reality and it was entertaining. Why don’t they just change the day and time??? Makes more sense then to completely cancel it. It probably conflicted with other shows on the day! Bring it back please!

Leona July 3, 2013 at 9:54 am

Please bring it back. Love this show. Want to know what happen and what will happen. Please bring back.

Leona July 3, 2013 at 9:51 am

Loved this show. Please bring it back. I want to know what happed and what will happen. Don’t do this to us please bring it back.

debbie June 30, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Yes I am so sad they are cancelling this show I LOVED it & couldn’t wait for it to return!!! Please reconsider NBC!!!!!!!

Jen June 24, 2013 at 2:22 am

I loved this show too….I really hate when they bring out a new show that is really good and you can’t wait for the next season to start only to find out it has been cancelled…sucks

jenny reid June 23, 2013 at 7:47 pm

very upset, angry, pissed off. Love the show and characters. Please bring it back!!

ellie June 23, 2013 at 11:22 am

please bring the show back!!! All of the characters are great, and the story line is not complete. It has left your viewer’s wondering and wanting more!!!

kimi051 June 22, 2013 at 11:06 pm

loved this show!!!!! Very pissed off. Please bring it back best thing to look forward to on Mondays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!