Deception: Cancelled Quickly, Moderate Success, or Big Hit?

Deception TV show cancelled quickly or big hit?Many of this season’s new dramas have already been cancelled. Will NBC’s Deception find success in the ratings? Will it be a big hit, a moderate success, or will it be quickly cancelled instead?

Previously called Infamous, the Deception TV series takes place following the death of a wealthy party girl. Her childhood friend, now a police detective, goes undercover in the wealthy world that she left behind, reconnecting with the girl’s family, to try to uncover what happened. The cast includes Laz Alonso, Meagan Good, Victor Garber, Katherine LaNasa, Tate Donovan, Wes Brown, and Ella Rae Peck.

Airing on Monday nights at 10pm, Deception runs opposite Castle on ABC and Hawaii Five-0 on CBS. It strts airing on Monday, Janury 7th.

Before you give your opinion about the show’s chances, here’s a preview, some behind-the-scenes interviews, and the full pilot episode:

What do you think? Based on what you’ve seen, will Deception be a ratings hit, a moderate success, or cancelled quickly? Will you watch it live, record it, watch online, or skip it altogether?

Canceled and renewed TV show

16 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. downunder says

I loved the show and hope they bring it to Australia, where it would do very well considering some of the rubbish that is on the tv here. Hope there is a season 2.

2. Groshua says

I think it’s ok. I’m still watching but I think the show is slow. Losing interest. Anyway, my main question is how does this storyline continue? I mean the whole show is based on one murder. Huh? What’s next????

3. Ilona says

I did not like it, it was too slow, a bit boring, nothing like Revene, did not like the characters either, I will not watch it again, lost me for sure

4. Kat says

I’ve got nothing against it, but ABC’s gotta be kidding, premiering a new series in a slot occupied by Castle, Hawaii Five-0, and (when it returns) Revolution. I can only tape three things at the same time and there’s no way I’m giving up a series I already love for one that might be okay.

5. Patrick Shields says

I have no idea what this program’s chances are. I can only say that I LOVE it, and I promise to watch every episode! I hope you’ll promote the hell out of this show!

Best of luck!

6. Duane says

I saw it already on TWC’s spec. ch. that show show’s you’ve missed. I was ok. There was a weird surprise toward the end but won’t give it away. Might give it a chance if there’s nothing on opp. that I already watch.