Deception: Season One Ratings

Deception TV show ratingsRevenge has been a success for ABC so NBC is trying Deception. Will this new TV show be cancelled after one season or become a big hit? Stay tuned.

Revolving around a female police detective who goes undercover in the wealthy world she left behind, Deception features the talents of Laz Alonso, Meagan Good, Victor Garber, Katherine LaNasa, Tate Donovan, Wes Brown, and Ella Rae Peck. This drama airs on Monday nights and NBC has ordered 13 11 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s latest ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Deception is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

UPDATE: NBC has cancelled Deception after one season and 11 episodes.

UPDATE: Is Deception coming back for another season?

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.63 million total viewers.

Episode 01-11: Monday, 03/18/13 (season or series finale)
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.41 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 1.29 in the demo with 3.63 million.

Episode 01-10: Monday, 03/11/13
1.1 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 3.65 million.

Episode 01-09: Monday, 03/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.35 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.32 in the demo with 3.69 million.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 02/25/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.35 in the demo with 3.73 million.

Episode 01-07: Monday, 02/18/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.13 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.37 in the demo with 3.80 million.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 02/11/13
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.23 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 3.91 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 02/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.08 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 1.44 in the demo with 4.04 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-04: Monday, 01/28/13
1.3 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.73 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.52 in the demo with 4.29 million.

Episode 01-03: Monday, 01/21/13
1.3 in the demo (-19% change) with 3.61 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.63 in the demo with 4.47 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 01/14/13
1.6 in the demo (-20% change) with 4.14 million (-27% change).
Season averages: 1.80 in the demo with 4.90 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-01: Monday, 01/07/13
2.0 in the 18-49 demographic with 5.66 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.00 in the demo with 5.66 million.

With the premiere, NBC was up by 185% in the demo when compared to last year’s edition of Rock Center with Brian Williams in the same timeslot (0.7 rating). Compared to last season’s premiere of Smash on February 6th, NBC was down by 47% in the demo (vs a 3.8 rating) down by 51% in viewers (vs 11.44 million).

What do you think? Do you like the Deception TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Mia P February 6, 2013 at 8:31 am

I love the show deception just wish it did not come on so late, could you all put it on at 900pm. Thanks but other than that Megan Good is good and so is the whole cast.

Anonymous February 5, 2013 at 6:50 am

Love this show! Pls don’t cancel!!

Stanley January 29, 2013 at 9:54 am

Why is it that whenever a black woman is cast as a leading female with a love life who is actually attractive and likable people say that they don’t believe the characters are believable?

If the female lead was white, we wouldn’t be hearing these complaints.

Anonymous January 27, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Love it! Meagan Good rocks!!

Anonymous January 27, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Unfortunately, I think it will be canceled because the ratings are to low. I think the should have put the show on cable tv, it would have a better chance of surviving.

Meka25 January 24, 2013 at 1:42 am

I love the show and I definitely think it should be renewed. The mystery of it is intriguing and I like the plot. I just wish I didn’t work Monday nights so I wouldn’t have to just watch it On Demand.

Snapps January 23, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Deception has been great and I’m pleased with the season so far. I enjoy watching primetime all of them after they’ve been recorded. There’re other primetime shows I’ve enjoyed watching too and I wouldn’t have known much about them since I was limited to a few events at a time, but that’s all in the past now that I’m able to use the PrimeTime Anytime feature, which records the four major networks nightly. I work during primetime and I have to get all my shows recorded, so my families never happy when I tie up all the TVs recording. I was excited to upgrade to the DISH Hopper DVR and put an end to all those timer conflicts and continue watching TV without any issues. I love how this has enhanced everyone’s experience and it’s become one of m favorite features.

Adrian January 23, 2013 at 11:41 am

I really love this show Deception, the dialogue is great! Love the whole cast, I look forward to see it every week . I definitely think it should be renewed! NBC please renew Deception!!!

Mary Starr January 23, 2013 at 1:06 am

I think it should be ended at the end of season 1. A one season mini series would be perfect. I enjoy the show, but season 2 would be just too much.

gail January 23, 2013 at 12:06 am

I love this show. It hit the ground running and I find it very interesting… love mysteries.

Ike January 22, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Correct about the characters. Not quite believable. Rminds me of the show, Hunted

Ilya K. January 16, 2013 at 4:29 pm

This will be cancelled in 5…4…3…

The only thing the show has going for it is a few good one-liners. None of the characters, aside from the one portrayed by Tate Donovan, has any real gravitas to them…and definitely nothing that would make you care about any of them.

I don’t love or loathe enough about any of them to compel me to keep watching. They were given 12 episodes to get started, but judging by the ratings at this point, reaching number 12 will likely involve a seance.

Anonymous January 14, 2013 at 10:15 pm

I really like Deception. And I think that it should be renewed

Michael January 9, 2013 at 7:09 pm

The pilot episode was fantastic, now i want to see more. I know it’s early on, but the show will prove to be a hit. NBC, thank you for bringing us something like this. We needed it for a long time coming. NBC, you rocked it oou of the ballpark on this show. Keep it coming. I know it can only get better. Please don’t cancel it. Just think of all the other show that might have been cancelled and look at them now, in their 4th & 5th seasons. This one will work. C’com, we all love a little deception… don’t we!

StephenS January 8, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Too early to tell. Very slick and not likely to be able to hold my attention for more than a few episodes. Characters are not very believable.