Deception: Season One Ratings

Deception TV show ratingsRevenge has been a success for ABC so NBC is trying Deception. Will this new TV show be cancelled after one season or become a big hit? Stay tuned.

Revolving around a female police detective who goes undercover in the wealthy world she left behind, Deception features the talents of Laz Alonso, Meagan Good, Victor Garber, Katherine LaNasa, Tate Donovan, Wes Brown, and Ella Rae Peck. This drama airs on Monday nights and NBC has ordered 13 11 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s latest ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Deception is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

UPDATE: NBC has cancelled Deception after one season and 11 episodes.

UPDATE: Is Deception coming back for another season?

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.63 million total viewers.

Episode 01-11: Monday, 03/18/13 (season or series finale)
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.41 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 1.29 in the demo with 3.63 million.

Episode 01-10: Monday, 03/11/13
1.1 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 3.65 million.

Episode 01-09: Monday, 03/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.35 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.32 in the demo with 3.69 million.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 02/25/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.35 in the demo with 3.73 million.

Episode 01-07: Monday, 02/18/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.13 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.37 in the demo with 3.80 million.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 02/11/13
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.23 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 3.91 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 02/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.08 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 1.44 in the demo with 4.04 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-04: Monday, 01/28/13
1.3 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.73 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.52 in the demo with 4.29 million.

Episode 01-03: Monday, 01/21/13
1.3 in the demo (-19% change) with 3.61 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.63 in the demo with 4.47 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 01/14/13
1.6 in the demo (-20% change) with 4.14 million (-27% change).
Season averages: 1.80 in the demo with 4.90 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-01: Monday, 01/07/13
2.0 in the 18-49 demographic with 5.66 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.00 in the demo with 5.66 million.

With the premiere, NBC was up by 185% in the demo when compared to last year’s edition of Rock Center with Brian Williams in the same timeslot (0.7 rating). Compared to last season’s premiere of Smash on February 6th, NBC was down by 47% in the demo (vs a 3.8 rating) down by 51% in viewers (vs 11.44 million).

What do you think? Do you like the Deception TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Ma March 23, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Love this show! Can’t wait to see next season!

Anonymous March 23, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Please keep this show! My daughter and I look forward to watching every Monday night . I record it too.

Barbara Cormier March 23, 2013 at 1:25 pm

This is a great show so please keep it on

Carla March 23, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I admit it had a bit of a slow start, but the second half of the season more than made up for it. So many plots developed! It really kept you on your toes. All of the actors were great in their roles. I couldn’t wait to see each next episode. I’ll be anxiously awaiting the new season. Please bring it back!! Great show!!

cindy March 23, 2013 at 3:27 am

Great show please do not cancel!!!

Anonymous March 23, 2013 at 3:20 am

DO NOT CANCEL DECEPTION!!! Great show. This show should be renewed.

Brian Edwards March 23, 2013 at 1:38 am

I love this show! It is thrilling and keeps me guessing. I want to know why Vivian was murdered, did Bowers kill his wife as well? What will happen to Mia? So many questions left unanswered! BRING DECEPTION BACK FOR SEASON 2!!!!!

brittany March 22, 2013 at 8:57 pm

absolute bullshit if they cancel this show. one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.

Irene March 22, 2013 at 5:31 pm

I like Deception. It seems like it eroded every week for some reason. Yikes. I have to admit that I watch it on hulu plus. Don’t the other venues count in ratings? That is how I watch a lot of my shows at this point. I can choose the time to watch and I love it.

Terri Clark March 22, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I REALLy enjoyed Deception! I thought it was very intriguing. There were lots of twists and turns. It kept my interest because of all the different plots. I certainly hope ABC will give it an0ther year and renew it. I am SO tired of ABC giving me a new show and then canceling it. They get the viewers interested and then take away good shows. I loved Invasion, but they cancelled it after one season. October Road was another good one. They let that one stay on for two years before canceling it. The ratings aren’t always the best gauge of who’s watching what. I don’t believe it takes into consideration who records shows to watch later.

Jaime March 22, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Renew. Enough said.

Em March 22, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Love this show! So engaging. So many questions. So many reasons for viewers to keep tuning in each week! Come on season 2!!!!

Hockeymom55 March 22, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I’d like to know what’s the point in even trying to start to enjoy a new tv drama. The networks pull them before anyone gets a chance to get invested in them. Loved 666 park avenue and abc didnt even have the respect for viewers to show the remaining episodes. I don’t know about anyone else- but I am sooooo tired of reality tv. How is it that a show like deception may not get renewed and then the network thinks people want to see d list celebrities jump off diving boards?? The state of tv is pathetic. Bring back Deception and let people enjoy an actual drama.

Carla March 23, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Amen!! What in the world—Splash! REALLY!!

R. Baron March 22, 2013 at 8:38 am

Please!!!! Another really good show cannot be cancelled. Maybe the networks should try promoting their new shows a little more. There is not one “unlikeable” cast member. This show has true potential. I love it . Why do the networks get you attached to something,then take it away? Makes you not want to start watching in the first place. Be careful!

jaquoia charles March 21, 2013 at 11:15 pm

I really love this show, it have thrill, drama, and romance which is the best
Combination for tv, it really have me on my toes and i pray you guys do NOT cancel this show. I am so in love with it!