Deception: Season One Ratings

Deception TV show ratingsRevenge has been a success for ABC so NBC is trying Deception. Will this new TV show be cancelled after one season or become a big hit? Stay tuned.

Revolving around a female police detective who goes undercover in the wealthy world she left behind, Deception features the talents of Laz Alonso, Meagan Good, Victor Garber, Katherine LaNasa, Tate Donovan, Wes Brown, and Ella Rae Peck. This drama airs on Monday nights and NBC has ordered 13 11 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s latest ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Deception is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

UPDATE: NBC has cancelled Deception after one season and 11 episodes.

UPDATE: Is Deception coming back for another season?

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.63 million total viewers.

Episode 01-11: Monday, 03/18/13 (season or series finale)
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.41 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 1.29 in the demo with 3.63 million.

Episode 01-10: Monday, 03/11/13
1.1 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 3.65 million.

Episode 01-09: Monday, 03/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.35 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.32 in the demo with 3.69 million.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 02/25/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.35 in the demo with 3.73 million.

Episode 01-07: Monday, 02/18/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.13 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.37 in the demo with 3.80 million.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 02/11/13
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.23 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 3.91 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 02/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.08 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 1.44 in the demo with 4.04 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-04: Monday, 01/28/13
1.3 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.73 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.52 in the demo with 4.29 million.

Episode 01-03: Monday, 01/21/13
1.3 in the demo (-19% change) with 3.61 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.63 in the demo with 4.47 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 01/14/13
1.6 in the demo (-20% change) with 4.14 million (-27% change).
Season averages: 1.80 in the demo with 4.90 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-01: Monday, 01/07/13
2.0 in the 18-49 demographic with 5.66 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.00 in the demo with 5.66 million.

With the premiere, NBC was up by 185% in the demo when compared to last year’s edition of Rock Center with Brian Williams in the same timeslot (0.7 rating). Compared to last season’s premiere of Smash on February 6th, NBC was down by 47% in the demo (vs a 3.8 rating) down by 51% in viewers (vs 11.44 million).

What do you think? Do you like the Deception TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

maddy March 25, 2013 at 7:58 am

It’s a really good show. I can’t wait to see what happens. Please bring it back.

Jasmine March 25, 2013 at 6:45 am

I love it!! Please bring it back!

Alice March 25, 2013 at 12:55 am

Hopeful of good news from the nextwork of a “Season Two” for Deception, I along with so many others just have fallen in love with this show. The finale, there are so many things that we need closure to, please don’t let this show fall to the waste side. I believe it was a replacement for Revolution which it was on hiatus, I never even watched that show and just happen to come across Deception a few days prior to it being aired when searching on the Internet for another show. Yes, we very much enjoy this night time show/drama and again, am hopeful for another season plus. Sincerely, a loyal viewer.

Pam March 24, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Seems like when NBC gets a good show they cancel it! AND they wonder why they are so LOW in ratings. Why not stck with a winner and keep Deception on the air…..then again I am preaching to NBC

Laura March 24, 2013 at 10:17 pm

I love Deception! Please bring it back.

Anonymous March 24, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Love it ! Bring it back please!

Deb March 24, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I really enjoyed this series. A show that ends with you wanting more every wk is a good bet. I certainly hope they will continue it.There are so many reality shows on that it is quite refreshing!

Chantal March 24, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I loved this series..it kept you thinking and second guessing who killed Vivian Bowers….I really want this series to continue….Is it Edward..?

From
A big fan

Danee' March 24, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I love this show !!!!! I hope it does come back for another season.

Cindy March 24, 2013 at 11:32 am

I liked the show even though it gets confusing at times with all the layers of people especially when the name of someone gets brought up in episode 5 that was killed off in ep 2 and he had a small part. This is ok when watching a soap opera thats on every day but when you’ve got 7 days between each ep and they go back to ep 2 that’s a lot of time gone by and requires a liitle too much recollection. It’s a little uneven at times and I’d like to see more continuity between episodes. I can see why the viewing audience steadily declined each week. Too much thinking and remembering! I watched to the end and I would watch season 2 if they make it, great cast except I would have picked someone else to play the part of Joanna like Sanaa Lathan.

Bbrown March 23, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Love it please bring it back!!

Tim March 23, 2013 at 10:02 pm

This show is awesome

Leda March 23, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Deception is a really good show. NBC needs to give it a chance to gain momentum, and they need to work hard at keeping the show on the air (for instance, more advertisement, have the actors to visit different morning and late night shows to let the audience know that this is the show to watch). I look forward to watching it every Monday night. I hope it returns for a second season!

Angel March 23, 2013 at 7:22 pm

I love Deception. Every episode had me sitting on the edge of my seat. There are so many twists and turns and unanswered questions. I really hope they renew the show. This is actually the first new show that has held my attention in years. Go Deception!!

Tia March 23, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Please renew. I love it on Monday nights but if moving nights gets it the attention it deserves so be it. I will be watching….avoid Sunday nights. LOL