Deception: Season One Ratings

Deception TV show ratingsRevenge has been a success for ABC so NBC is trying Deception. Will this new TV show be cancelled after one season or become a big hit? Stay tuned.

Revolving around a female police detective who goes undercover in the wealthy world she left behind, Deception features the talents of Laz Alonso, Meagan Good, Victor Garber, Katherine LaNasa, Tate Donovan, Wes Brown, and Ella Rae Peck. This drama airs on Monday nights and NBC has ordered 13 11 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s latest ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Deception is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

UPDATE: NBC has cancelled Deception after one season and 11 episodes.

UPDATE: Is Deception coming back for another season?

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.63 million total viewers.

Episode 01-11: Monday, 03/18/13 (season or series finale)
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.41 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 1.29 in the demo with 3.63 million.

Episode 01-10: Monday, 03/11/13
1.1 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 3.65 million.

Episode 01-09: Monday, 03/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.35 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.32 in the demo with 3.69 million.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 02/25/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.35 in the demo with 3.73 million.

Episode 01-07: Monday, 02/18/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.13 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.37 in the demo with 3.80 million.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 02/11/13
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.23 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 3.91 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 02/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.08 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 1.44 in the demo with 4.04 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-04: Monday, 01/28/13
1.3 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.73 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.52 in the demo with 4.29 million.

Episode 01-03: Monday, 01/21/13
1.3 in the demo (-19% change) with 3.61 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.63 in the demo with 4.47 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 01/14/13
1.6 in the demo (-20% change) with 4.14 million (-27% change).
Season averages: 1.80 in the demo with 4.90 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-01: Monday, 01/07/13
2.0 in the 18-49 demographic with 5.66 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.00 in the demo with 5.66 million.

With the premiere, NBC was up by 185% in the demo when compared to last year’s edition of Rock Center with Brian Williams in the same timeslot (0.7 rating). Compared to last season’s premiere of Smash on February 6th, NBC was down by 47% in the demo (vs a 3.8 rating) down by 51% in viewers (vs 11.44 million).

What do you think? Do you like the Deception TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Jan April 10, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Love this show! Don’t know about the rating scale, but we don’t miss an episode. Should most definitely NOT be cancelled. Best Drama NBC has had in quite a while. Beats that goofy stuff they usually air. (why?)

Kathleen Smith April 10, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I loved Deception. Most of my friends are watchers. Please don’t cancel it.

Anne April 10, 2013 at 7:24 am

Please bring back Deception I LOVE it!!!!

shirley April 10, 2013 at 3:22 am

Good drama rich people think ‘s they can do anything this show goes after them no matter what the cost it’s refreshing keep the show going.

Mark April 10, 2013 at 1:00 am

It would be disappointing if NBC cancels this show. I work nights and always DVR the show to watch on my days off. Quality acting. Good plot. Twists and turns. Bring this show back!!!

Anonymous April 9, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I loved this show even though it was going around in circles as some put it … It had me on the edge of my seat always trying to figure out who was going to do what or what was going to happen next. The line of actors is amazing and sexy in this show!!! Please bring it back for another season and another!!! You have a night time soap opera here as my BF had put it when it got to the good scenes with Wes Brown or the FBI agent and Megan Good is not only a good actress but beautiful …. Hope to see you next season!!!!

Cantrell April 9, 2013 at 12:12 pm

I was really impressed with the caliber of the acting and the content of the show. The twists of supposed bad guys turning out to be noble, the family patriarch hero turning out to be a monster and the mysterious good doctor/bad boy remaining mysterious and the addition of S. Epatha Merkerson… Seriously, this is setting up to be just as dynamic as “Revenge” and I am not a Revenge fan and just as tune in next week as “Scandal”. This is not a show that should be on the bubble or cancelled…NBC doesn’t have many good shows that can carry the network, I think they should stop running scared and keep this one. This would make two of my favorite shows on NBC if so, the other being “GRIMM”!!!

Patricia Thornton April 8, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Please bring Deception back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy April 8, 2013 at 10:00 pm

I love this show please don’t cancel it!

valeria coffee April 8, 2013 at 8:33 pm

please put this show back on ,i rate this show up their with scandle and revenge,

terri April 7, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I absolutely love this show!! Every episode is better than the last. My favorite shows typically tend to be on ABC (Grey’s Anatomy, Revenge, Nashville) so I was surprised to stumble on this gem on NBC.I can’t believe they may be canceling this show, especially since they leave you hanging with the season finale. I really hope they change their minds , and they need to really publicize this show better than they have been!!

Anonymous April 7, 2013 at 1:13 pm

This show is a hit!

angie April 7, 2013 at 11:26 am

It has to come back I have to know what happens

April April 5, 2013 at 4:57 pm

This is an awesome show. The buzz seems to be surrounding Scandal, but I think they are sleeping on Deception. There is no comparison. When I tell you that I am on the edge of my seat during every episode, it is an understatement. With that said, I hope the network brings this show back. Great job Meagan Good and other cast members.

Anonymous April 5, 2013 at 1:26 am

More more the show is a hit