Deception: Season One Ratings

Deception TV show ratingsRevenge has been a success for ABC so NBC is trying Deception. Will this new TV show be cancelled after one season or become a big hit? Stay tuned.

Revolving around a female police detective who goes undercover in the wealthy world she left behind, Deception features the talents of Laz Alonso, Meagan Good, Victor Garber, Katherine LaNasa, Tate Donovan, Wes Brown, and Ella Rae Peck. This drama airs on Monday nights and NBC has ordered 13 11 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s latest ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Deception is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

UPDATE: NBC has cancelled Deception after one season and 11 episodes.

UPDATE: Is Deception coming back for another season?

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.63 million total viewers.

Episode 01-11: Monday, 03/18/13 (season or series finale)
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.41 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 1.29 in the demo with 3.63 million.

Episode 01-10: Monday, 03/11/13
1.1 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 3.65 million.

Episode 01-09: Monday, 03/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.35 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.32 in the demo with 3.69 million.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 02/25/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.35 in the demo with 3.73 million.

Episode 01-07: Monday, 02/18/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.13 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.37 in the demo with 3.80 million.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 02/11/13
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.23 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 3.91 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 02/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.08 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 1.44 in the demo with 4.04 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-04: Monday, 01/28/13
1.3 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.73 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.52 in the demo with 4.29 million.

Episode 01-03: Monday, 01/21/13
1.3 in the demo (-19% change) with 3.61 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.63 in the demo with 4.47 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 01/14/13
1.6 in the demo (-20% change) with 4.14 million (-27% change).
Season averages: 1.80 in the demo with 4.90 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-01: Monday, 01/07/13
2.0 in the 18-49 demographic with 5.66 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.00 in the demo with 5.66 million.

With the premiere, NBC was up by 185% in the demo when compared to last year’s edition of Rock Center with Brian Williams in the same timeslot (0.7 rating). Compared to last season’s premiere of Smash on February 6th, NBC was down by 47% in the demo (vs a 3.8 rating) down by 51% in viewers (vs 11.44 million).

What do you think? Do you like the Deception TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Anonymous June 11, 2013 at 10:37 pm

I personally LOVE THE SHOW and CAN’T WAIT until it comes back on…

centaurllc.com June 7, 2013 at 11:18 am

Hi there, just wanted to mention, I enjoyed this blog post. It was helpful. Keep on posting!

BIC June 6, 2013 at 2:45 pm

NBC should renew Deception. It was a good show!! I am disappointed that it was cancelled. Give it a second chance!! or as suggested by DD, Deception should move to another network.

Linda Campbell June 2, 2013 at 11:04 pm

I love love this show, I never got to see the finale eposide? I think thay should bring it back. Who decides ??? From what I read everyone enjoyed it. Please let me know if it will be returning

diana May 30, 2013 at 12:22 am

I have to agree that the networks don’t give the shows enough chance before they pull them. I thought Deception was a great show… I don’t think that your ratings are accurate… it makes me not want to start to watch new show’d…it’s just not fair to get people hooked and then cancel them out so fast…

Michelle May 29, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Please renew Deception!! It was one of the few shows that my husband and I looked forward to watching together. Please give it another season.

Karabo May 23, 2013 at 2:48 am

Wow, your networks are really cold. Here in SA we are still on episode 5 and the show is already cancelled. Sad was not given a chance because I think is so much better that some of the popular shows the CSI spin off (boring), Grey’s Anatomy (especially the finale time to end seriously) and NCIS (could not even finish the first episode).

JT May 18, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Renew please I’m crazy about this show!!!!!

Erma Jay (@galleryshops) May 17, 2013 at 2:21 am

I sure had hoped they would renew Deception. They didn’t give it a chance. I didn’t begin watching until the middle of the season. The networks make me sick. That was a very good show. The actors were superb. I especially liked Meagan Good as Joanna and Ella Mae Peck as Mia Bowers. They were all over the top. I wish Netflix would do the same with that as they are doing with House of Cards.

Liz Grias May 16, 2013 at 6:51 pm

RENEW!!!!! SICK OF YOU NETWORKS TUNING US OUT. I DON’T CARE WHAT NEILSEN SAYS, IF YOU HAVE A FAITHFUL AUDIENCE EVEN IF IT IS SMALLER THAN SOME OF THOSE LARGER SHOWS, STICK WITH IT. DISGUSTED!!!!!!

Rachel J May 14, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Why is it being canceled with one season!? Ur leaving me hanging over here !!! I think it should at least go on for another season gosh ! Lol oh well guess my questions want be answered now thanks NBC thank u oh so much

Anonymous May 14, 2013 at 7:09 am

Please renew. I loved this show

DD May 14, 2013 at 4:27 am

I would like to know why cancel DECEPTION and leave everyone in suspense. I believe it wasn’t give a chance to have viewers to watch it. Maybe it should leave NBC and be shown on another network. However, I LOVE, LOVE it. I looked forward to watching it as I looked forward to watching SCANDAL, GREY’S ANATOMY, NCIS, NCIS: LA, CSI, CSI: NEW YORK AND BLUE BLOODS. I think DECEPTION is not giving a opportunity to prove itself based on being NEW and giving ONE SEASON to be viewed by viewers. I believe it should come back another season. I want to know what’s going to happen next.

Rachel May 13, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Love it!!!
Please have a second season. The characters are interesting, the plot suspenseful and exciting. I really want to know what happens :)

Linda May 10, 2013 at 10:59 pm

I loved this show I had watched the first two episode’s when they aired however due ot other things going on I was unable to follow it. I did watch all 11 shows on Demand and love it. At least bring it back to resolve it if nothing else.