Deception: Season One Ratings

Deception TV show ratingsRevenge has been a success for ABC so NBC is trying Deception. Will this new TV show be cancelled after one season or become a big hit? Stay tuned.

Revolving around a female police detective who goes undercover in the wealthy world she left behind, Deception features the talents of Laz Alonso, Meagan Good, Victor Garber, Katherine LaNasa, Tate Donovan, Wes Brown, and Ella Rae Peck. This drama airs on Monday nights and NBC has ordered 13 11 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s latest ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Deception is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

UPDATE: NBC has cancelled Deception after one season and 11 episodes.

UPDATE: Is Deception coming back for another season?

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.63 million total viewers.

Episode 01-11: Monday, 03/18/13 (season or series finale)
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.41 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 1.29 in the demo with 3.63 million.

Episode 01-10: Monday, 03/11/13
1.1 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 3.65 million.

Episode 01-09: Monday, 03/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.35 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.32 in the demo with 3.69 million.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 02/25/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.28 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.35 in the demo with 3.73 million.

Episode 01-07: Monday, 02/18/13
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 3.13 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.37 in the demo with 3.80 million.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 02/11/13
1.2 in the demo (+9% change) with 3.23 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.40 in the demo with 3.91 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 02/04/13
1.1 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.08 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 1.44 in the demo with 4.04 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-04: Monday, 01/28/13
1.3 in the demo (-8% change) with 3.73 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.52 in the demo with 4.29 million.

Episode 01-03: Monday, 01/21/13
1.3 in the demo (-19% change) with 3.61 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.63 in the demo with 4.47 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 01/14/13
1.6 in the demo (-20% change) with 4.14 million (-27% change).
Season averages: 1.80 in the demo with 4.90 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-01: Monday, 01/07/13
2.0 in the 18-49 demographic with 5.66 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.00 in the demo with 5.66 million.

With the premiere, NBC was up by 185% in the demo when compared to last year’s edition of Rock Center with Brian Williams in the same timeslot (0.7 rating). Compared to last season’s premiere of Smash on February 6th, NBC was down by 47% in the demo (vs a 3.8 rating) down by 51% in viewers (vs 11.44 million).

What do you think? Do you like the Deception TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Lisa reinhart March 6, 2013 at 4:42 am

I love this show.

Fin March 6, 2013 at 2:18 am

I hope NBC renews Deception it is a great show with a great cast. It keeps you focus i on trying to figure out “who done it”. We need more of these kinds of shows instead of reality shows. Hope NBC does the right thing.

krystal hicks March 6, 2013 at 1:55 am

Plz keep the show…love it…DVR it every Monday night….don’t miss it.

Brenda S March 6, 2013 at 12:20 am

This the best show I have seen in a long time. I am not an NBC watcher, but I don’t miss an episode of Deception. Renew it. It’s the Tuesday morning talk at work. Please don’t take it off.

Anonymous March 5, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Deception is an awesome show and should definitely get a second season!!!

Anonymous March 5, 2013 at 7:30 pm

It’s an awesome show. Please don’t cancel it. Perhaps there are too many foolish people still watching the Bachelor instead of trying out new programs. There are lots of great new tv shows and Deception is one of my new favorites. I’ve gotten friends addicted to watching it so you need to spread the word.

Kelly March 5, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I love this show. I was instantly hooked. The writing is great, the show is just scrumptious with drama. Hoping for a season two. It’s about time there’s something new worth watching on NBC!

Jamila March 5, 2013 at 11:24 am

I love this show its the only series I watch, please renew for
A second season

Blaire March 5, 2013 at 2:41 am

I love this show! Please don’t cancel. Each episode gets better and better!

Anonymous March 5, 2013 at 2:11 am

Please, please renew Deception for another year;
One of the few really good series on TV. …fingers crossed!

Stephanie March 5, 2013 at 1:50 am

With each episode the story gets more interesting, the acting gets more believable, and I look forward to watching each week. I dvr this each week, hope it sticks around.

Chris March 5, 2013 at 12:56 am

This is one of the better programs out there. I hope they don’t cancel another good show that I like!

Jules March 5, 2013 at 12:13 am

I really enjoy the show…it’s different from most shows on tv currently. I think Johanna and Julian make a great pair. Also nice to see people of color head up a great cast like this. Hope the show keeps going.

Z Marie March 5, 2013 at 12:05 am

Please keep this amazing cast and take a new, quicker approach to the episodes. Don’t let some many plot snags dissipate. Too, perhaps some trust would balance the distrust. Why can’t Johanna and Will actually trust and care for another AND she sleep with Julian if she must. There’s really great tone overall, but I mostly read not watch TV, and I’d like to see more self-actualization. I mean we lose it as so as we have it so don’t be afraid that there’s no drama in characters being autonomous.
Thanks for bringing S. Epatha Merkerson on tonight’s episode.

alesia March 4, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Omg! I am addicted to this show! Please please please don’t cancel it!