Detroit 1-8-7: New ABC Cop Series; Cancel or Keep It?

Detroit 1-8-7ABC has unveiled yet another cop series, Detroit 1-8-7. This one stars Michael Imperioli who, as you may recall, co-starred on ABC’s Life on Mars a couple seasons ago. That one was cancelled after 17 episodes. Will his new show last any longer?

Detroit 1-8-7 follows a group of homicide detectives working on the tough streets of Detroit, Michigan. The ABC series stars Imperioli as well as Aisha Hinds, D.J. Cotrona, Erin Cummings, James McDaniel, Jon Michael Hill, Natalie Martinez, and Shaun Majumder.

In its premiere, the series attracted a lackluster 2.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 9.342 million total viewers. For the timeslot, it was in third (last) place for the all-important demo and in second place for total viewers (beating Parenthood).

What do you think of Detroit 1-8-7?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The series premiere lost nearly half of its lead-in audience from Dancing with the Stars. Not good.

TV show supportOn top of that, Detroit 1-8-7 continued to lose viewers as the hour progressed. That’s a pretty good indicator that those viewers won’t be back next week.

Detroit 1-8-7 will likely lose viewers in week two, as most shows do. It won’t have to lose many to be in serious trouble.

But, what do you think? Is Detroit 1-8-7 worth watching? Will you make a point to tune in or should it be cancelled already?

Barbara Speak March 31, 2011 at 3:35 pm

this is a great show. do not cancel. is this to be replaced
by yet another ME cut and dice show

Nancy-Jo March 28, 2011 at 6:52 am

This show reminds me alot of “NYPD Blue” which I watched faithfully from the 1st episode til the last one. I LOVE this show!! Michael Imperioli & the rest of the cast are FANTASTIC!! Give Season 2 a shot, move it to a different day if you must, but please don’t cancel it. I for one would be very sad :(

dfb March 23, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Avid watcher at the beginning, couldn’t keep up with the constant shuffling of time slots! Would NEVER watch it unless I DVR’d it, haven’t timed it but it seems like there are way too many breaks! DVR’d finale and have these questions:
I have lived in the burbs of Detroit all of my adult life, the slaughter of the family of four…way more graphic than what I feel was needed, and did I miss something here?
Celebrating CROOKED cops!!! Good bye!

Sandy March 23, 2011 at 3:33 pm

This is an excellently acted and beautifully written show.Not all of us like the reality trash that is out there. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL!!!! I never miss this show. It has been running aqgainst both The Good Wife and Southland ( sometimes ). ALl 3 are good shows that I hope to see next year. Move it up to the 9PM hour.

Anonymous March 23, 2011 at 10:59 am

Please do not cancel this show ! It is one of my favorites!

Me too March 22, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Leave it on a consistent time slot you dopes at ABC!!!

judy malony March 22, 2011 at 12:42 pm

why do u stations always cancel GOOD police series??? get rid of these stupid animated programs. i would not let my kids watch the 3 stogies, if i had small ones now, they would not even get a peek at the programs they call comedy today!!!! and the only reality shows, should be amazing race and survivor.

Mary Anne March 21, 2011 at 4:49 pm

dont take this show off the air.
Detroit 187 ismthe best.

Chris March 21, 2011 at 12:02 pm

This is a really great show with a super cast. It so much better than some of the other law enforcement series. My husband and I watch it religiously. Plus, this Sunday night it aired with the NCAA basketball games. Is that fair??? Please, Please do not cancel.

Dan Cauble March 20, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Please do not cancel thus shiw. My husband is a retired law enforcement officer. We look forward to watching this show together.He says that it is a true to form of actual
police work.When they cancelled NYPD Blue, he was crushed.Another one if his favorites was The Good Guys.You cancell a lot of the good shows like these,but you leave garbage like Two and Half Men on for a long time.Make no sense!!
March 20,2011

Anonymous March 20, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Don’t cancel please

Blaine Smith March 19, 2011 at 11:21 am

NYPD Blue ran for a long time. This show is actually better. Move to a timeslot that works and keep it going. There may not be a better show on TV. It’s opposite The Good Wife (a show that has gone stale, but it’s popular). Why go against that?
KEEP DETROIT 1-8-7

ClassyT March 18, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Wow, why do they keep taking the GREAT shows like Detroit 187 off the air and leaving crap on. I love this show, it has character, suspense, twists, diversity, and reality.

DO NOT CANCEL YET ANOTHER GREAT SHOW! PLEASE!

belinda March 18, 2011 at 2:14 pm

pls do not cancell this show. it is very good. i can’t watch it at the time it comes on but i record it and watch it several days later because of my schedule. wonder how many others are doing the same because of conflicting schedules.

Marie March 17, 2011 at 10:13 pm

I work nights and Detroit 187 is the ONLY show that I look forward to watching when I get home. Great cast, superb acting, awesome story lines. How can ABC possibly cancel this show?? If people aren’t watching it’s because the show is not promoted by ABC.
This happens all the time with ABC. Don’t you care about what your viewers want to watch???