Dig: USA Orders New Event Series

Dig TV showUSA has ordered a six-episode action adventure series called Dig. It’s from Heroes creator Tim Kring and Gideon Raff, the co-creator of Homeland on Showtime.

The new show will be filmed in Jerusalem and is expected to debut on USA sometime in late 2014.

Dig follows the story of an FBI agent who’s stationed in Jerusalem. While investigating the murder of a woman archeologist, the agent uncovers a conspiracy that’s 2000 years old and that threatens to change the course of history.

What do you think? Does Dig sound like a show that you’ll try watching?

36 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. JohnB says

I love the Israeli people and the nation of Israel. Israel is far from perfect, but I could live safely there for the most part, not possible in any other Arab nation…as I am a strong overt Christian and a military vet with fresh memories. I will watch this show as long as the plot line is believable and has a logical flow, The introduction of the various groups such as the Temple Mount Institute, the Essene’s, the Orthodox and a few other groups I’m not fully familiar with add to my knowledge. I like the Israel countryside and historical structure views as well. The depiction of Jewish law enforcement, intelligence and IDF were fairly accurate. You can leave off the overt and graphic gay sex stuff as it add nothing to plot. Insinuate it and if being Gay is a reason to get attacked or whatever in Israel (they are pretty liberal over there, but not all) then clearly relate that. DO NOT GIVE THE Muslims a stick to attack Israel with by agreeing with their false propaganda and giving any cedence to it.

2. jp says

loved Dig. Though hard to follow, at times, I enjoyed all the characters. Hopefully the show will continue by following the FBI agent to his different posts.

3. evil mimi says

where is the drama of Armageddon when mankind CAN’T start it. if this crazy group succeeded, what was going to happen to the world? nobody knew (or really care), so where is the drama of the end of the world, or this series? if the “battlefield of Megiddo” happen MAYBE there was hope for a show that had no direction.

4. Annette Overstreet says

Every time a new TV show appears that is interesting enough to make me watch, the network decides it needs canceling and replacing with some moronic series that doesn’t require brains to watch. I am sick to death of reality based shows and cop shows and shows that numb one to sleep. I want something I can sink my teeth into, think about, chew on, and look forward to for next week. You have that in DIG; why can’t you network people leave well enough alone?

• stace says

I completely agree with you!!! I loved Dig and looked forward to it every week but as usual a show that keeps you on the edge of your seat won’t be back. Everything out there is exactly like you said. Cop shows, reality or mind numbing.

5. Nomen says

The premise was interesting so I watched the first few episodes. They lost me with the two men making out in the back seat. Not my cup of tea.

6. adel says

My husband and I are enjoying the series. I hope there is more to come. So little on t.v. is worth watching. Too much sex violence and no plot just sensationalism. The border is also a better series, hard to find.

7. JohnB says

Having been to Israel as visitor and served in the US Military deployed to Mid East, I like a series that accurately depicts the region and Israel in particular. However, the Bible has a lot to say about these days. A TV series about the region would do well to bring in solid well known Christians, well aware of end times prophecy fulfillment, the history of the region and actual conditions on the ground in Israel, not media hype generated from the Islamic and ex-Nazi regions of Europe that still are afflicted by those curses. 1st and 2nd Jihads covered most of central and southern Europe, the 3rd jihad will dominate the news and territory of all of Europe. Their focus is to belittle and portray Jews (once again) as a source of the worlds problems when in fact it has has been godless Naziism, communism and Islamism (like a religion but devoid of any value for civilizations, thus in effect “godless”). Israel and the west are far from perfect, but if we could ever get free from the steady stream of ‘isms’ that are out to dominate Judeo- Christian culture and the wealth and freedom it creates for masses of regular folk, we might better be able to judge the value of it eliminate for all these upstart political and psuedo-religious systems that process one form or another of utopia as a deception but deliver slavery and a grey dull life and lifestyle where everyone is indeed ‘equal’ but everyone is also poor. So do the series right and let’s not let the ‘isms’ define or navigate the plots for their deceptive purposes. Keep it real and on point without slaving to those who want to eliminate Israel and the Jewish People.

• Pam says

Very well spoken….I would agree whole heartedly. The truth is actually so much more interesting than fiction. If someone in the television/ movie industry would dare to stick to the original script as outlined in the scriptures we might be getting somewhere.
      I am curious to see where this mini series is willing to go…..another misguided illuminists script for the sheeple or daring enough to follow God’s play book…
      Bet you have more interesting thoughts to add too, you sound like someone who has convictions! Any chance you would care to share some more with me?

8. Anonymous says

If there are enough documented facts then you have conspiracy ‘probability’ and you can’t beat that. Let’s hope they keep it plausible and I’ll keep watching.

9. Anonymous says

Conspiracy theories are great to watch but are always tainted by the twisted liberal view. As soon as you see news cast with MSNBC you know it’s warped. It is truly laughable how liberals can’t get enough of bashing Christianity, really a desert commune and black Escalade’s.
    Hollywood has become a cesspool of Anti-American, Ant-Christian cowards spewing what they have learned from college. Let’s put this in perspective, if Muslims ever invade do you think you’re safe because you are a Godless liberal? Thank goodness for people that own guns and still believe in God