Do No Harm: Cancelled by NBC After Two Episodes

Do No Harm canceledTo absolutely no surprise, NBC has cancelled Do No Harm, their new Thursday night drama. The network has pulled it from the schedule already, leaving 10 episodes unaired.

Do No Harm revolves around Jason Cole, a neurosurgeon with an unusual dilemma. Every night at 8:25pm, he becomes someone else — an alternate and evil version of himself who goes by the name Ian Price. Jason has managed to keep his alter ego from appearing, thanks to medication. Unfortunately, the serum stops working suddenly and Ian appears, more dangerous than ever.

The TV show features the talents of Steven Pasquale, Alana de la Garza, Ruta Gedmintas, Phylicia Rashad, Mousa Kraish, Michael Esper, John Carroll Lynch, Lin-Manuel Miranda, and Samm Levine.

The series premiered last week to just a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.12 million total viewers. Those were incredibly bad numbers.

How bad? It’s the lowest demo rating for a scripted series premiere in television history among the four major broadcast networks.

Since the pilot was released online a couple weeks before the television airing, might more people tune in for episode two? Nope. The second installment saw the ratings drop even further — to a 0.7 rating with 2.21 million viewers.

NBC has wasted no time in cancelling Do No Harm and reruns of Law & Order: SVU will fill the timeslot for the immediate future.

Production of the 12 episodes of Do No Harm was completed last month so this leaves 10 episodes unaired. There’s no word on when or if NBC will release them.

What do you think? Did you like Do No Harm? Why do you think so few people gave it a chance? What did you like about it?

Rick March 14, 2013 at 3:27 pm

http://www.nbc.com/contact/general/ Maybe if they get enough complaints, they will continue showing at least the remainder of the season. Great 2 episodes. I didn’t see it until about a week after it aired. I’m wondering if they count when it’s being watched on demand.

Daniel March 13, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Most people I know don’t watch NBC anymore due to their repeated cancellations of good shows like heroes or Surface. They always cancel shows and leave them on cliff hangers, so why get hooked in the first place? I gave NBC a chance with this show and now it’s canceled. Cya NBC.

Rick March 14, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Ahh! Heroes, my all time favorite show! All of these shows that could have been awesome. NBC is like Sparta, tossing out whatever isn’t “perfect”. The baby killer of good shows.

vickie March 10, 2013 at 6:31 pm

I loved the show and can’t believe they cancelled it!!!!! I never saw much advertisement about it, just happened to find it. Wish they would bring it back! :(

jenn March 7, 2013 at 9:26 am

I am disappointed they cancelled this show. It was nice to watch an original story for a change and I wanted to see how his double life played out. I hope they try another day or time. Maybe it was just not the right schedule for its audience. I had to DVR the show due to my schedule. I’ve always wondered, is the rating system able to measure that as well?

marie March 13, 2013 at 12:35 pm

I liked this show. bring it back.

Torrey March 6, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Thought it was a good show and I wasn’t happy when it was cancelled. There is so much crap on TV and this was one of the rare good shows. I guess there’s more people in this country that like crap instead of quality. Maybe their small brains can’t handle something that’s a little more in depth.

Franklin March 3, 2013 at 2:57 pm

I agree with all the positive respondents, this show deserved a chance. It was cancelled just when I was had it pegged as must watch tv.

Mike March 1, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I think that Do No Harm should have been allowed to have more time to find an audience. I liked it. Of course, I’m from Philly so it was also nice having something filmed in my backyard.

jeremy March 1, 2013 at 8:42 pm

r u kidding me seriously nbc u cancel Christan slater’s show my own worst enemy and the cape and now u cancel this after 2 episodes. why did u even show a new preview of the 3 episode if all your gonna do is cancel. at least show the full 10 then cancel. nbc u need to get ur crap to together

Mary Lou February 28, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I totally loved this show, bring it back…pleeeeeeeazzzzzze!

Michael February 28, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I liked it too but unfortunately nbc has a tendency of dropping shows like hot potatoes. It is their m.o. They enjoy doing that

lAURIE MOTT February 27, 2013 at 4:36 pm

I loved Do No Harm and the very talented cast
I have been looking for the show for the last couple of weeks and was very disappointed to read today that it was cancelled
Shame on you NBC
Do No Harm was the one show that I watched on NBC

Victor February 26, 2013 at 11:15 pm

What happened i loved this show NBC you suck.

Mike February 26, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Loved it! So sick of these stupid networks. I’m starting to watch more cable series…

Richie February 26, 2013 at 5:48 pm

I thought the show was good! A clever twist. But, what the hell? If you recall, same thing happened to the show Life on Mars & The book of Daniel. Canceled before the season ended.

lucas February 26, 2013 at 4:38 am

This show was awesome i can believe they took it
off the air !!!!!!!!!! They must not have any clue
what good t.v is all about !