Do No Harm: Cancelled by NBC After Two Episodes

Do No Harm canceledTo absolutely no surprise, NBC has cancelled Do No Harm, their new Thursday night drama. The network has pulled it from the schedule already, leaving 10 episodes unaired.

Do No Harm revolves around Jason Cole, a neurosurgeon with an unusual dilemma. Every night at 8:25pm, he becomes someone else — an alternate and evil version of himself who goes by the name Ian Price. Jason has managed to keep his alter ego from appearing, thanks to medication. Unfortunately, the serum stops working suddenly and Ian appears, more dangerous than ever.

The TV show features the talents of Steven Pasquale, Alana de la Garza, Ruta Gedmintas, Phylicia Rashad, Mousa Kraish, Michael Esper, John Carroll Lynch, Lin-Manuel Miranda, and Samm Levine.

The series premiered last week to just a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.12 million total viewers. Those were incredibly bad numbers.

How bad? It’s the lowest demo rating for a scripted series premiere in television history among the four major broadcast networks.

Since the pilot was released online a couple weeks before the television airing, might more people tune in for episode two? Nope. The second installment saw the ratings drop even further — to a 0.7 rating with 2.21 million viewers.

NBC has wasted no time in cancelling Do No Harm and reruns of Law & Order: SVU will fill the timeslot for the immediate future.

Production of the 12 episodes of Do No Harm was completed last month so this leaves 10 episodes unaired. There’s no word on when or if NBC will release them.

What do you think? Did you like Do No Harm? Why do you think so few people gave it a chance? What did you like about it?

taylor October 1, 2013 at 12:02 am

Of course they would shut down an awesome show without giving it a chance. they always do that. so stupid…… im upset now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i loved this show!

Anonymous September 26, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I liked “Do No Harm”. I saw the preview and waited to watch the show and I watched the entire series even though they changed dates and times on me. You should bring this back. You did not give it chance. Your realty tv shows suck. People only watch it because you won’t show anything else. Hannibal is another winner along with Grimm and I can’t wait to see Dracula. Otherwise, I don’t want NBC.

Jc September 21, 2013 at 10:13 am

THIS WAS THE BEST SHOW I EVERY WATCHED, ALONG WITH THE FOLLOWING AND 24.

shaunte September 17, 2013 at 9:07 pm

I just found out about this show. Caught up on it and have watched every episode praise On-demand! !! Please BRING IT BACK. I LOVE THIS SHOW! Its differen, and thats what TV is lacking today!!

levi September 16, 2013 at 7:35 am

do no harm that’s what nbc should have done to do no harm bring it back awesome show

Barb September 13, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Awesome Show! Looking forward to Season 2…….the writers have done one hell of a job!

Anonymous September 10, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Love the show..enough said!

patrica thorne September 8, 2013 at 8:48 pm

sure hope someone else picks it up… I WANT ANOTHER SEASON… LOVED IT!!

riani September 3, 2013 at 8:01 am

Do No Harm is very unique, thanks God, it is being aired on Universal Channel for Asian market. Love Steve, he is sooo cool

Jillybean September 1, 2013 at 12:35 am

I love this show!!! It’s stupid that NBC is choosing to cancel a smart and unique show like this one. So very disappointed that the writers wont’ have the opportunity to entertain us with more battles between Jason and Ian battling for control. I’m sick of all these lame-ass so-called “reality” shows that are sooooo obviously scripted and staged. I long for the time when TV was about getting lost in a bit of fun and make-believe.

sharon hoyt September 8, 2013 at 4:33 pm

very well said Jillybean!!! :) NBC has a lot of nerve and did NOT give people a chance! “i” myself just found out about this show and watched all epis on demand and LOVE IT!!! REALITY TV HAS TAKEN OVER AND I HATE IT!!! BRING BACK ” DO NO HARM” PLEASE!?! :/ finally a new kind of show that was striped away too soon! where were the previews??? i saw none!

Sondra August 31, 2013 at 11:10 pm

I just watched episode 11. I liked it. Thing is, I don’t remember ever seeing it on TV before. When and where was the other 10 episodes aired?

admin September 1, 2013 at 11:32 am

They’ve been airing on Saturday nights.

Darcye Morawski August 27, 2013 at 1:33 am

By all means let’s cancel this great show. We need more sluts, brats, and idiots to watch.

Anonymous September 8, 2013 at 7:34 am

Right!

sharon hoyt September 8, 2013 at 4:37 pm

ha ha ha! ditto! REALITY TV IS TAKING OVER TELEVISION & THEY ALL SUCK! >:O Honey boo boo?!? reallyyyy?!?! pfffft!

Geert August 25, 2013 at 4:08 pm

I realy dont understand THE Movie World i have seen somany series And so many get canceld And i realy dont get it because those series are so dam good also like do not Harm its THE Same case.
I realy hope THE people get to there sences

Roro August 12, 2013 at 7:49 pm

I liked it. I’m glad the remaining episodes are airing now.

Jaye Jaye July 31, 2013 at 8:05 pm

After they foolishly canceled Pan AM and 666 Park Avenue, I DVR any show I Might be interested in. If it gets canceled, I delete what was recorded. Too bad we all have to be broken hearted every season!! I WAS routing for Do No Harm. The decision makers must only like reality TV… Dumasses.