Do No Harm: Season One Ratings

Do No Harm TV showNBC hasn’t had a ratings hit on Thursday nights at 10pm in years. Will Do No Harm break that run or will it be cancelled quickly instead? We just need to follow the ratings to find out.

Revolving around a brilliant doctor with a dangerous alter-ego, Do No Harm features the talents of Steven Pasquale, Alana De La Garza, Michael Esper, Ruta Gedmintas, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Phylicia Rashad, John Carroll Lynch, and Samm Levine. This drama airs on Thursday nights and NBC has ordered 12 13 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s latest ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Do No Harm is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.74 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Saturday, 09/07/13 (series finale)
0.4 in the demo (-20% change) with 1.60 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.45 in the demo with 1.74 million.

Episodes 01-11 & 01-12: Saturday, 08/31/13
0.5 in the demo (+67% change) with 1.70 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.45 in the demo with 1.75 million.

Episode 01-10: Saturday, 08/24/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.50 million (0% change).
Season averages: 0.44 in the demo with 1.76 million.

Episode 01-09: Saturday, 08/17/13
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.50 million (+25% change).
Season averages: 0.46 in the demo with 1.79 million.

Episode 01-08: Saturday, 08/10/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.20 million (-25% change).
Season averages: 0.46 in the demo with 1.83 million.

Episode 01-07: Saturday, 08/03/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.61 million (0% change).
Season averages: 0.49 in the demo with 1.92 million.

Episode 01-06: Saturday, 07/27/13
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.60 million (0% change).
Season averages: 0.50 in the demo with 1.97 million.

Episode 01-05: Saturday, 07/20/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.63 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 0.52 in the demo with 2.05 million.

Episode 01-04: Saturday, 07/06/13
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.60 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 2.16 million.

Episode 01-03: Saturday, 06/29/13
0.3 in the demo (-57% change) with 1.70 million (-23% change).
Season averages: 0.63 in the demo with 2.34 million.

UPDATE: NBC has cancelled Do No Harm and pulled it off the schedule.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 02/07/13
0.7 in the demo (-22% change) with 2.21 million (-29% change).
Season averages: 0.80 in the demo with 2.67 million.

Episode 01-01: Thursday, 01/31/13
0.9 in the 18-49 demographic with 3.12 million total viewers.
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 3.12 million.

It was a very poor start for Do No Harm. While the premiere did a bit better than the episode of The Firm that aired in this timeslot a year earlier, that’s little consolation. This season, Rock Center with Brian Williams has been airing Thursdays at 10pm and has consistently been one of NBC’s weakest performers in primeteime. In its first showing, Do No Harm nearly matched Rock Center’s series low record. Not good.

What do you think? Do you like the Do No Harm TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Valerie September 1, 2013 at 8:33 pm

This is a good show!! Don’t blame the show for low ratings when they didn’t even advertise it much. For other shows, I see so many promos and trailers on youtube. For this, only one.

CHUCK August 31, 2013 at 11:07 pm

I love this show! It was poorly advertised as everyone that I talked to about it had never heard of it. If it had been released and advertised along with the other new shows, it would have come out as the best new show. What a waste if it is not brought back!

Lorna August 29, 2013 at 8:05 pm

This show was not given a fair chance, but SHOULD be! I recently started watching it, and found out it had already been cancelled – I don’t think many people knew about it. If NBC wants to let it go, some other network should take it on. With better advertising, it could be a leader in primetime.

Agn August 26, 2013 at 3:10 pm

keep it please! good idea, good acting, it is one of my favourites.

Missy August 25, 2013 at 5:36 am

This is my favorite show for the summer!!!! Please order a second season and advertise more. Get the word out. I heard about thid show from a coworker and now I am hooked. I cannot wait for next week’s episode. They keep getting better and better!!

Eileen August 22, 2013 at 11:42 pm

KEEP IT! AWESOME SHOW! HATE WHEN THE HOUR IS UP….LOVE THIS SHOW!

Lisa Cohen August 20, 2013 at 11:12 pm

I love this show! KEEP IT! I agree, if NBC is willing to give it up then cable should pick it up. It’s gotten much better as it’s gone along, I dig it and hope it has life….

emz August 18, 2013 at 2:55 pm

please bring back this show, it was worth it i cant believed they will not continue, such amazing show. please bring back.

Riley August 17, 2013 at 11:54 pm

I really like the show and don’t think it should be cancelled. Especially since there isn’t anything on in the summer that is very good. My only complaint about the show is how the character could fix a lot of his problems by just being honest. Obviously not with everyone, but with a couple close people. It just seems like he won’t share his secret because the show would loose some of its tension, but I’m sure they could build in suspense in other ways.

ramona peralta August 11, 2013 at 2:38 pm

KEEP IT … KEEP IT … IT STARTED SLOW BUT NOW I’M A FAN TO THE END!!!!

Pat in BC August 10, 2013 at 2:29 am

I am totally enthralled with this show. I have been watching on my pvr. I couldn’t watch it when it aired but am catching up to it now! Excellent show that wasn’t given a chance!
SHOULD NOT BE CANCELLED!!

J S BRANCH August 5, 2013 at 1:16 pm

I like the show I think it was not given a chance. I think it should be renewed. Each episode gets better so pleas bring it back.

cee August 4, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I liked this show. It was pretty good…why did they cancel it? So much other crap they could have let go…

Danielle August 4, 2013 at 9:18 pm

This is such a great show it’s so sad to see a show like this go off air. Too bad no one will see this and there’s nothing I can do. I think they just need better advertising cause no one knows about this show. They just need to play more commercials about it. It’s a very interesting show and I wish there was some way they can continue to play it.

Mary Ann Monahan August 4, 2013 at 5:44 pm

What a shame! Great stretch from Rescue Me for Pasquale. I love the show and the possibilities for it. Not happy to see it go, how can we get it back?…send it to cable… Replace Dexter on Showtime… Oh yeah!