Do No Harm

Do No Harm TV showNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: January 31, 2013 — September 7, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Steven Pasquale, Alana De La Garza, Michael Esper, Ruta Gedmintas, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Phylicia Rashad, John Carroll Lynch, and Samm Levine.

TV show description:
This TV series is a modern interpretation of the classic Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde novel by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Doctor Jason Cole (Steven Pasquale) is a highly respected neurosurgeon who seems to have it all — a lucrative career, confident charm and the gift of compassion. Unfortunately, he also has a deep, dark secret.

Every night at 8:25pm, something inside Jason changes. It leaves him almost unrecognizable — seductive, devious, and borderline sociopathic. This new man is his dangerous alternate personality who goes by the name Ian Price and is in control for 12 hours.

For years, Jason has battled Ian, keeping him in check with a powerful experimental sedative. Now, his (their) body has developed a resistance to the serum, setting Ian free once again.

To make matters worse, after being suppressed for so long, Ian is hell-bent on taking revenge on his oppressor. With Jason’s career and everyone he cares about at risk — his patients, friends, coworkers and Doctor Lena Solis (Alana De La Garza), the sweet woman he loves — Jason knows he must stop Ian once and for all.

Doctor Vanessa Young (Phylicia Rashad) is the head of the neurosurgery department, a strong and determined woman who leads by example. Doctor Ruben Marcado (Lin-Manuel Miranda) is a clinical pharmacologist who helps suppress Jason’s alter ego and Josh Stern (Samm Levin) is Jason’s administrative assistant. Olivia Flynn (Ruta Gedmintas) is Jason’s former love interest who also has a son.

Series Finale:
Episode #13 — This Is How It Ends
While undergoing a complicated brain operation, Jason finally learns the truth about Ian Price.
First aired: September 7, 2013.

What do you think? Dis you like the Do No Harm TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

153 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Mike says

They only showed 2 episodes!! Give it a chance to run a little while before you pull it off the air!!! It looked like it was going to be a great action show!! But hard to tell with only seeing 2 episodes.

2. Joyce says

Network did not give an intelligent show a chance to shine. I,m going to stick with the cable network’s series shows

3. brian says

I hate all the reality crap too, even the golf coverage on the weekends by NBC is lame.
    Put this show on one of your cable only networks and just watch how popular it will be.
    Major network primetime is a thing of the past. Cable networks and on-demand options are the future. Put your cancelled but good shows there.

4. Denise says

I really liked this show. I thought it had a lot of promise. I couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen with “Cole”, and the co-worker who was ready to sabotage Ian/Jason. There was a lot of potential story lines that could be explored. It’s disgusting that they cancelled it already. :o(

5. rene' says

What?? I can’t beleive this show has been cancelled. I really liked what i saw, have been waiting for the next episode and now there is no next episode. shame on you NBC!!

6. Pat says

I loved this show. Cancell after 2 episodes…are you nuts ? Give it a fair shot. NBC …You do not know your viewers. I have talked to friends that wanted to see more of this series !

7. sallie says

I have been waiting for the next episode and now find out that it has been cancelled?????? It was a great show that kept you on the edge of your seat!!!! All of my friends and family watched this show. What is wrong with NBC not giving this show a chance??? They have shows like American Ninja Warrior and Betty White’s off their rockers that suck!!!!! Please keep shows that people with intelligent minds want to watch!!!!!

8. Julie says

I have been waiting to watch the next episode of Do no harm for the last few weeks and when I looked the show up an saw that it has been cancelled I am completely appalled, who decides what gets cancelled and what doesn’t? This show and many others that I have shown interest in have been cancelled and to my disbelief yet another season of the bachelor and I am sure many other idiotic reality shows have been renewed. Please for God’s sake don’t cancel Do no harm it is really intriguing an I am sure if it was given a chance it would get great ratings.

9. says

Please give “Do No Harm” a little more time. I liked what I saw. It was different from anything that has been on and I thought it was intriguing. Please revoke your decision to cancel, NBC!!!
    Jo-Ann R.

10. shirley felts says

please at least air the episodes that are already filmed! makes no sense! networks can keep lots worse than this one. i loved it! and couldn’t wait to see the end!

11. LOIS says

Why don’t you give it a chance? I liked this show. I see a lot of new shows coming up and it is hard to see them at one time . I use ON Demand a lot. Come all give this show more time if not I hope some other channel will pick up.

12. Kathleen Spayer says

I enjoyed Do No Harm. I thought the actors were doing a good job, and I was intrigued by the Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde/ Dissociative Identity Disorder plot.

13. Guy Lecuyer says

U guys are absolutely right, I don’t what’s wrong with the Big Guru’s of major networks, they’ve cancelled quite a few GREAT shows with a lot of promise like No Ordinary Family, The Cape and others and now this one. What a bunch of loosers and yes Lois, you are right on the nose again when mentioning these crappy reality shows which I’ve managed to stay away and will keep on doin so for as long as I live. TV and Movies are for entertainment not for every day …. everyday living which I am surrounded everyday. Maybe we are just getting in a sad world where TV is already starting to be a lost art.

• says

First Saving Hope and now this. I’m ready to forget that NBC even exists. The only thing they have done right in years is Chicago Fire and I figure they’ll cancel it before long. I don’t like reality shows either and won’t watch.

• sallie says

I know exactly what you mean. Saving Hope was also a great show!!!!! NBC doesn’t want to keep shows that intelligent people want to watch. It is my least watched network!!

• Larissa says

I can’t believe that these networks rather show REALITY BULLCRAP!!! I Live in Drama everday!!! Real art of TV shows are being lost…I rather watch channels like USA, A&E etc. that show TV series than reality BULLCRAP like the Bachelor or The Voice or American Idol…I watch TV for entertainment….It’s sad to see that this is what they think we want…Obviously they are thinking of kids and not the Adults that actually pay the bills for cable…or TV for that matter….