Do No Harm

Do No Harm TV showNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: January 31, 2013 — September 7, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Steven Pasquale, Alana De La Garza, Michael Esper, Ruta Gedmintas, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Phylicia Rashad, John Carroll Lynch, and Samm Levine.

TV show description:
This TV series is a modern interpretation of the classic Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde novel by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Doctor Jason Cole (Steven Pasquale) is a highly respected neurosurgeon who seems to have it all — a lucrative career, confident charm and the gift of compassion. Unfortunately, he also has a deep, dark secret.

Every night at 8:25pm, something inside Jason changes. It leaves him almost unrecognizable — seductive, devious, and borderline sociopathic. This new man is his dangerous alternate personality who goes by the name Ian Price and is in control for 12 hours.

For years, Jason has battled Ian, keeping him in check with a powerful experimental sedative. Now, his (their) body has developed a resistance to the serum, setting Ian free once again.

To make matters worse, after being suppressed for so long, Ian is hell-bent on taking revenge on his oppressor. With Jason’s career and everyone he cares about at risk — his patients, friends, coworkers and Doctor Lena Solis (Alana De La Garza), the sweet woman he loves — Jason knows he must stop Ian once and for all.

Doctor Vanessa Young (Phylicia Rashad) is the head of the neurosurgery department, a strong and determined woman who leads by example. Doctor Ruben Marcado (Lin-Manuel Miranda) is a clinical pharmacologist who helps suppress Jason’s alter ego and Josh Stern (Samm Levin) is Jason’s administrative assistant. Olivia Flynn (Ruta Gedmintas) is Jason’s former love interest who also has a son.

Series Finale:
Episode #13 — This Is How It Ends
While undergoing a complicated brain operation, Jason finally learns the truth about Ian Price.
First aired: September 7, 2013.

What do you think? Dis you like the Do No Harm TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

153 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jan says

I loved the show and it just got better with each episode. I thought it was really interesting. The ending left me hanging though. So Ian won? Frustrating….

2. marie baldwin says

I didn’t watch the show but my step mother really love the show and didn’t know why the show has cancelled…They should bring it back to the people that likes the show….

3. says

The show was slow getting started but hooked me by the third show. This goes for my husband who doesn’t like much of anything on tv. The ending was horrible. Don’t like that big a cliff hanger. They need to at least bring back a special. Who knows, restructured a bit, it might take off. I agree with angela. The networks get rid of all of the good shows. In my opinion there are way too many stupid reality shows and not enough entertaining shows that make you think a bit.

4. Richard says

Was very sorry it had been cancelled. Ecstatic with renewal. Loved the show.
    Learned to hate Ian, which we were supposed to do…I think, and couldn’t wait to see
    how Jason would learn to control him.
    Don’t know how some say it was to far fetched. The are many people with split personalities.
    Would love another season.
    They could have convinced Ian he would go to jail for the rest of his life unless he allowed them to correct the problem and at least allow the world to have Jason who he allowed to die and the world would have a good guy in his body.
    Also, in place of the chip in that side of his brain…..just turn him over and put the chip in the other side…problem solved :)

5. Tiffany says

I thought this was a really interesting premise for a tv show and I really wish they hadn’t canceled it. I hope the network will reconsider bringing it back for another season. I was really getting into the plot!

6. SJack says

DO NO HARM was a very good show! I liked the finale…it closed everything…so whether they bring it back or not…we have closure and understand why…who is who! I get so upset when shows that don’t do well in ratings don’t close out the series and let folk have a happy ending instead of leaving and not knowing what happened! I appreciated that 666 Park Ave did just that…came back w/a few episodes and now we know!

7. tmauth says

I hope they do Season 2…this was a very good show …Enjoyed it the characters
    we all great…Looking forward to another season……T

8. Shirley says

Needed cancelled but needed a decent closure. It was just too far fetched that Ian could do the stuff he did and \Jason was not fired and/or in jail. How stupid was Ian to destroy his only means of support. Without Jason’s work as a Dr. he could not survive. He had no skills except to cause trouble. It was just so frustrating to watch, I only continued because I figured it would be cancelled & I hoped they would give it an end & I wanted to see how it ended & it filled in when I had nothing else to watch. It could have been a good show if it had been more realistic.

9. Matt says

It was a very well placed show I think how it ended needs a new season but Idk how they drag it out for another season but I blame the advertising of the show and if it needs to be brought back either on FX or either fox or abc and I wish it would be good to see it on again I hate some of these networks like the show the finder it was good and interesting

10. Ian says

Sorry, but this show was idiotic. The whole thing with using Diabetes as a cover. The personality changes at 8:25 every day. The last episode where they decided to kill the good personality and keep the murderous, evil, stupid personality. Terrible show. Deserves its death.

11. angela says

I can’t believe the canceled this show. I was so excited when it came back. The premise behind it was great. Even my husband liked it and he is hard to please. Why do they cancel so many good shows after one season. bull$hit