Do No Harm

Do No Harm TV showNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: January 31, 2013 — September 7, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Steven Pasquale, Alana De La Garza, Michael Esper, Ruta Gedmintas, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Phylicia Rashad, John Carroll Lynch, and Samm Levine.

TV show description:
This TV series is a modern interpretation of the classic Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde novel by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Doctor Jason Cole (Steven Pasquale) is a highly respected neurosurgeon who seems to have it all — a lucrative career, confident charm and the gift of compassion. Unfortunately, he also has a deep, dark secret.

Every night at 8:25pm, something inside Jason changes. It leaves him almost unrecognizable — seductive, devious, and borderline sociopathic. This new man is his dangerous alternate personality who goes by the name Ian Price and is in control for 12 hours.

For years, Jason has battled Ian, keeping him in check with a powerful experimental sedative. Now, his (their) body has developed a resistance to the serum, setting Ian free once again.

To make matters worse, after being suppressed for so long, Ian is hell-bent on taking revenge on his oppressor. With Jason’s career and everyone he cares about at risk — his patients, friends, coworkers and Doctor Lena Solis (Alana De La Garza), the sweet woman he loves — Jason knows he must stop Ian once and for all.

Doctor Vanessa Young (Phylicia Rashad) is the head of the neurosurgery department, a strong and determined woman who leads by example. Doctor Ruben Marcado (Lin-Manuel Miranda) is a clinical pharmacologist who helps suppress Jason’s alter ego and Josh Stern (Samm Levin) is Jason’s administrative assistant. Olivia Flynn (Ruta Gedmintas) is Jason’s former love interest who also has a son.

Series Finale:
Episode #13 — This Is How It Ends
While undergoing a complicated brain operation, Jason finally learns the truth about Ian Price.
First aired: September 7, 2013.

What do you think? Dis you like the Do No Harm TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

153 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. paige says

Please bring back a 2nd season on a new night not the stupid time they begin the series on!
    You have a following!!!!!

• Jan says

They can’t play a pilot show in January, not show the next one until a month later, and then not play the 3rd one till June and expect there to be a FOLLOWING! I watched the first one and forgot the name of it and couldn’t find it anywhere – even though I WANTED to watch it! Thought it was cancelled after Pilot for whatever reason! Then someone else told me, last week! that it was on again and gave me the name — I was able to watch it on Hulu in full — absolutely loved it and was crushed — at least it DID end, but they could have done SOOOOO much with it!

2. Savannah says

They don’t account for people who record or watch on demAnd. I am a nurse and watch it on demand or DVr. What about others like myself we are not count loveD the show. Movies don’t always do well in the theater but the still account for video sales and Netflix etc. NBC COUNT ALL UR VIEWER NOT JUST THE PRIME TIME WATCH MONEY AND FANS LOST.

3. Roseann says

I just finished watching season 1 on demand and loved it. Actually, I loved it so much I spent the entire day watching season 1. I hope it is reconsider and brought back for season 2.

4. Alestia says

I love this show! I can’t believe it’s been cancelled! Please bring it back…I have to know what happened after the surgery!

5. Anonymous says

I like the show and think it should continue with another Season. I hated that they ended it with an open ending. I want to know what happens when the surgery is complete . I cant believe they ended this way and so soon. I want a second Season! I need a complete ending…

6. Anonymous says

Continue with a 2nd season! It is a good show and I am a little pissed off at the cliff hanger in episode 13 and there needs to be some resolution. They were still in the middle of surgery when it ended. I vote for a second season!