Do No Harm

Do No Harm TV showNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: January 31, 2013 — September 7, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Steven Pasquale, Alana De La Garza, Michael Esper, Ruta Gedmintas, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Phylicia Rashad, John Carroll Lynch, and Samm Levine.

TV show description:
This TV series is a modern interpretation of the classic Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde novel by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Doctor Jason Cole (Steven Pasquale) is a highly respected neurosurgeon who seems to have it all — a lucrative career, confident charm and the gift of compassion. Unfortunately, he also has a deep, dark secret.

Every night at 8:25pm, something inside Jason changes. It leaves him almost unrecognizable — seductive, devious, and borderline sociopathic. This new man is his dangerous alternate personality who goes by the name Ian Price and is in control for 12 hours.

For years, Jason has battled Ian, keeping him in check with a powerful experimental sedative. Now, his (their) body has developed a resistance to the serum, setting Ian free once again.

To make matters worse, after being suppressed for so long, Ian is hell-bent on taking revenge on his oppressor. With Jason’s career and everyone he cares about at risk — his patients, friends, coworkers and Doctor Lena Solis (Alana De La Garza), the sweet woman he loves — Jason knows he must stop Ian once and for all.

Doctor Vanessa Young (Phylicia Rashad) is the head of the neurosurgery department, a strong and determined woman who leads by example. Doctor Ruben Marcado (Lin-Manuel Miranda) is a clinical pharmacologist who helps suppress Jason’s alter ego and Josh Stern (Samm Levin) is Jason’s administrative assistant. Olivia Flynn (Ruta Gedmintas) is Jason’s former love interest who also has a son.
space

Series Finale

Episode #13 — This Is How It Ends
While undergoing a complicated brain operation, Jason finally learns the truth about Ian Price.
First aired: September 7, 2013.

space
What do you think? Dis you like the Do No Harm TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

153 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anna Clark says

I have been waiting for the return of the show I didn’t realize it has been cancelled I couldn’t believe it. It is a very good show please bring it back. I love it.

2. Valerie says

I was really dissopointed when they stopped showing “Do No Harm.” that was one of my favorite shows. It seems like that is happening to a lot of shows now, like “Wild Roses;” another one I really liked just as example …

3. says

Season 2 please. I didn’t like the first few episodes but watched them with my family anyways, the last few episodes with tense and surprising twists and turns. Viewers should give it time to prove itself. Didn’t dare to watch quite a number of scenes in the last few episodes (in a good way as a compliment for the suspense atmosphere created).
    Season 2 season 2 season 2 please please please

4. Becki says

Loved this show. We watched it as an office on Hulu. Did not realize it was cancelled until we finished. BRING IT BACK!! You can replace Lena though..

5. Momi says

Loved this TV Series!!! “Do No Harm” was very captivating!! Nothing like it on TV. Who wouldn’t want to see what happens to a famous surgeon with a personality disorder!!
    Bring back the show PLEASE!!!

6. Leora says

My family loved this show. We watched it on Hulu and didn’t realize it had been cancelled. Very surprised that it was. We would love to see more of it.

7. Lyndsey says

Loved this show! I agree with Tonja’s statement.. I only found the show by browsing on Hulu. Before that I had never heard of it, so agree that it was poorly advertised therefore the fault is yours (the producers), not ours (the viewers). Please bring it back!

8. tonya says

DO NO HARM season 2 please. Most people have never heard of this show but when they see it they love it. The ratings were low maybe because of poor advertising/promoting. I don’t think starting the show the end of January 2013 was a good idea either. They cancelled this show after only 2 episodes. NBC didn’t give this show a real chance. NBC aired the rest of the season this summer but most people didn’t know about it—once again poor advertising/promoting (lack of). The season finale was excellent leaving so many unanswered questions–cliffhangers. The finale set up so much potential for a great season 2. The actors were all awesome! You couldn’t have a better cast. Please give this show a true chance and bring the characters back for a GREAT season 2. DO NO HARM SEASON 2 PLEASE.

9. erin says

I am in agreement with Adam and Misty tv sucks and I finally watch something and they take it off the air. kept you always wondering what was gonna happen next . loved it ! Please bring it back! Also tied of reality tv, that’s is why some of us watch tv to escape reality for an hour or two.

10. ADAM says

One of the best shows on when it was on! So tired of all the reality tv crap thats on but this show was funny and intelligent at the same time watching the 2 personalities try and out wit the other. This is one of the reasons I stopped watching network tv.