Do Not Disturb: FOX Makes Sitcom Cancellation Official

Do Not Disturb canceledNews of FOX’s cancellation of Do Not Disturb first leaked out yesterday. After broad critical disdain, a poor premiere and sinking ratings, the news hardly came as a surprise. The network steadfastly maintained that the sitcom was merely being pre-empted for next week’s episode. Now, less than a day later, FOX has made it official. Do Not Disturb is the first cancellation of the 2008-09 season.

As reported earlier, next week’s episode will be replaced by another episode of ‘Til Death. It’s expected that FOX will also replace the October 8th episode, the sitcom’s unaired pilot. After that, the presidential debate and Major League Baseball coverage will fill the Do Not Disturb timeslot as previously planned.

Of the 13 episodes that FOX had ordered, only six have been completed. The three unaired episodes may be released online or aired at a later date but this seems unlikely. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Q-BALL-77 December 14, 2008 at 9:47 pm

I loved him on Sliders, loved him as a teenage superhero, and I even enjoyed some of Carpoolers before it got axed also! But this show’s pilot was by far the worst I have seen in some time.

The whole thing with that annoying looking fat chick was stupid, and overall the cast was terribly put together, and the acting was just down right terrible.

Not Jerry’s fault he was good in his role but everyone around him was awful.

Why can’t he land any good roles? He’s an extreamly good actor!

KylieG October 13, 2008 at 2:07 pm

I’m glad they canceled this show. It was terrible. I really wanted to give it a chance, but it was destined to be a failure. Fox needs some more creative people to develop new shows and better writing.

Art October 11, 2008 at 9:00 pm

I was very annoyed with the canceling of this show. I hope they put the other episodes online

Paul October 4, 2008 at 8:36 am

@Mic – a chav is someone who can’t be educated :-))

omie October 2, 2008 at 3:57 pm

wow..i actually started loving this show. i was all excited to watch it this week and saw they were not showing it. so i got on here and see this..that really sucks FOX. you should have given it a bit more episodes to grow.

HJC October 1, 2008 at 9:36 pm

Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back!

HJC October 1, 2008 at 9:35 pm

I loved this show! It was sooooo funny! Jerry O’Connell is an amazingly funny actor. I loved his show Carpoolers (that got canceled too and it was an excellent show). Bring this back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shane October 1, 2008 at 1:42 am

I swear to god…fox wouldn’t know a good show if it bit them in the ass….this show was whole lot better than that piece of crap worst week on cbs.

mic September 30, 2008 at 11:28 am

I wish they’d given the cast more time to grow into their roles and the writers more time to learn from their previously poor taste jokes that went over like a ton of bricks.

Paul, I tried…what does “chav writers” mean? I just can’t figure it out…chavanistic (sp)??

Paul September 28, 2008 at 1:07 pm

Hardly surprising, the first episode wasn’t exactly the pilot being titled “Work Sex”
Maybe Fox should stop hiring chav writers.