Dog the Bounty Hunter: A&E Series Cancelled

dog the bounty hunter canceled no season 9There won’t be a ninth season for Dog the Bounty Hunter. The A&E TV series has been cancelled by the cable channel.

The reality show follows Duane “Dog” Chapman and his family as they work as fugitive-recovery agents across the country. Dog’s team includes his wife Beth, their grown sons (Duane Lee Chapman, II and Leland Chapman), daughter “Baby” Lyssa, and Dog’s unrelated “brother,” Tim “Youngblood” Chapman. The show was inspired by Chapman’s appearance on Take This Job, a series about people with unusual occupations.

Debuting in 2004, Dog the Bounty Hunter became a valuable property for A&E and versions of the show have been seen in various international markets.

Over the course of the eight seasons, the show has had plenty of backstage drama. In 2011, Duane Lee and Leland quit and severed ties with the family.

In September 2011, Bobby Brown, who’d appeared in 30 episodes of the show, sued because he said that he’d been promised that he’d become a full castmember but it didn’t happen.

The final episodes of Dog the Bounty Hunter will start airing on Saturday, June 2nd, with a pair of installments, “Luck be a Lady” parts one and two.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Dog the Bounty Hunter has been cancelled? Was it time for the show to end?

Freda June 1, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I will miss this show very much. This family is comprised of interesting characters who care about each other and their fellow human beings. Did the “guiding force” at A and E not pay any attention to all of the fans that turned out for the program on Dog’s book tour, do they pay any attention to the messages that are shown across the screen during the programs? Seems to me that the only people they care about are ones that are interested in storage units.

Tina May 31, 2012 at 4:39 am

Whats wrong with A&E….. very good show… looked forward to new shows on wednesdays…. I hope a different channel will pick them up…I will deffently watch!

tammy May 29, 2012 at 4:14 am

I hat A And E now they can go screw themselves. DOG AND HIS FAMILY WERE AWE SOME THEY LOST ME ANS MANY THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF VIEWERS. I THINK THE A AND E STATION SHOULD BE REMOVED THEY HAVE NO SHOWS ON THAT WE WANT TO WATCH AND THE THINGS THAT ARE ON THAT STATION SUCK ASS!!!!

Karen May 27, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I am kinda disappointed! But, unless the whole family gets asked back I’m not interested! Everyone made the Show especially Duane Lee and Leland! Hey DOG is older you would think he’d want for his Sons to take over the Bizzness. And Beth? Oh beth is the Motivator of the crew, I like her Spunk! Go Beth!!! To all the Haters; ya’ll just mad cuz The Chapman Family don’t play, when u play u pay! I like the energy they put out! Beth u call me when u need me! I got ur back. Northern Cali.

Kim May 26, 2012 at 8:55 am

Yes they are trashy, that is what made is so good. But if Leland and Duane Lee leave, not a good show.

waldo May 25, 2012 at 9:34 am

dumbasss show glad it got cancelled!

Mari May 25, 2012 at 7:29 am

Very sad a huge fan of the show . I hope to get 2 seen then on another channel because I love the show .:( They will be missed.

Rick May 24, 2012 at 6:07 pm

This was a WASTE, from the first show….

shannon May 23, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I hate that it is being cancelled. i really hope that another station picks it up Iwatch reruns of them on another channel saturday at 12 midnight. Maybe that channel will pick them up. A&E has lost a viewer in me. I hope they lose alot of viewers because of this stunt they are pulling.

Beth OConnell May 23, 2012 at 3:22 pm

A&E is making a huge mistake!!! So many people looked up to Dog and his Family. So many troubled people out there and the chapmen family were inspirational to all.

Craig May 23, 2012 at 9:26 am

I thought this show ended several seasons ago. It couldn’t have been very good in the last few years, because I never heard anything about it.

Jeff May 23, 2012 at 7:15 am

Say it aint so Dog! Come on A&E. Dont be like FOX Tv and cancel all the good shows! You guys can still make tons of cash together! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Katie May 23, 2012 at 5:05 am

Yes I will miss watching the show. I only watch A&E for that show. I hope they get picked up on another channel. A&E is stupid for canceling the show. They are going to lose a lot of viewers over this. I am a big fan and I will miss it so much!

Lieselott H. Aldrich May 22, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Very sad to see them go. I loved that show!

Lorie Goetz May 22, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Very sad was a huge fan they will be sadly missed