Dog the Bounty Hunter: A&E Series Cancelled

dog the bounty hunter canceled no season 9There won’t be a ninth season for Dog the Bounty Hunter. The A&E TV series has been cancelled by the cable channel.

The reality show follows Duane “Dog” Chapman and his family as they work as fugitive-recovery agents across the country. Dog’s team includes his wife Beth, their grown sons (Duane Lee Chapman, II and Leland Chapman), daughter “Baby” Lyssa, and Dog’s unrelated “brother,” Tim “Youngblood” Chapman. The show was inspired by Chapman’s appearance on Take This Job, a series about people with unusual occupations.

Debuting in 2004, Dog the Bounty Hunter became a valuable property for A&E and versions of the show have been seen in various international markets.

Over the course of the eight seasons, the show has had plenty of backstage drama. In 2011, Duane Lee and Leland quit and severed ties with the family.

In September 2011, Bobby Brown, who’d appeared in 30 episodes of the show, sued because he said that he’d been promised that he’d become a full castmember but it didn’t happen.

The final episodes of Dog the Bounty Hunter will start airing on Saturday, June 2nd, with a pair of installments, “Luck be a Lady” parts one and two.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Dog the Bounty Hunter has been cancelled? Was it time for the show to end?

Canceled and renewed TV show

75 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. J Balliet says

I am hoping another network picks up the show. I think A&E made a huge mistake by getting rid of Dog the Bouny Hunter

2. Deborah Quintana says

I can’t believe they canceled dog…what a shame its my favorite show ,been watching since they first started. I don’t believe ratings were down !

3. Eric Bush says

I think everyone should email A&E and protest the cancellation of the show. The Chapmans have been a huge part of our lives since 2004 and many of us have seen every show. We need to ban together and keep the show going , so everyone email A&E and tell them they can not cancel the show!

4. says

I’m so glad that trailer park family is going off the air I’m planning a party. The lasted one season to long. Good riddens. This is a good day.

5. Berna says

Love the show can’t believe its being cancelled. I hope something can be done to save it. Why do they always screw up a good thing????

6. wanda says

I love Dog the bounty Hunter. What will I watch now. You guys not only took awat Criss Angel, now you taking the dog. you guys are stupid. I will never see anything on a&e again. Dog and Criss Angel change my life and the way I believe in magic. I love you you Chapman Family and Criss Angel. God Bless you and everything you do. see you guys soon.

7. Nancy Crouse says

Dog the bounty Hunter is the last show I thought would be cancelled. Why? Low ratings which I doubt or politics?
    We in Canada love the show and please renew the contact.

8. Laura P says

I love the show. I’ve been watching thru the seasons, and I’m really hoping some other network will pick them up!

9. says

No I don’t think Dog the Bounty Hunter should be canceled, I’m very
    upset I love that family they make my day please don’t cancel the
    show. They help me so much if I have a problem I listen to them and
    they help me figure out what I can do about it.

It’s the best show to help familys that are having issues and all do I
    understand they are too but that’s family and things do work outin
    the end with Gods help and pray every day for guideness.

So please don’t cancel the show I’m going to be lost without the Champmans
    family.

10. Kathryn, M. says

I loved that show and its the only reason why me and my husband even watched A&E. Not for nothing but you just lost two more viewers and i sure hope that DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER gets picked up on another tv station cuz its our favorite show !!! We’re looking forward to watching it on a NEW TV STATION !!! WE LOVE YOU CHAPMAN FAMILY, GOD BLESS AND GOOD LUCK !!!

11. says

I think A&E is making a HUGE mistake by cancelling Dog the Bounty Hunter I am sure another network will pick up the show TOO many people including me love the show. Are you listening A&E ??? A VERY disappointed maybe EXVIEWER!!!

12. T Story says

Love this show. My kids and I sit down and watch it as a family!! I hope another channel picks them up so we can continue to watch them. It’s gonna be weird with no new episodes.

13. Dorothy King says

I think it a mistake for Dog to be canceled. I hope it can be picked up by another chanel. It is the best show on tv. Maybe a locl chanel can pick them up

14. J Heinig says

Omg. What a mistake.
    I love that show. Me entire familyand friends
    watched every show and reruns. I hope another
    Channel picks them up soon.

• says

if you cancel it i work for the public and i will make sure noone ever watches ur station again i think i will put this on my blog with my million plus followers