Dog the Bounty Hunter

Dog the Bounty HunterNetwork: A&E
Episodes: 244 (half-hour)
Seasons: Eight

TV show dates: August 31, 2004 — June 23, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Dwayne “Dog” Chapman, Leland Chapman, Tim Chapman, Beth Smith, and Justin Bihag.

dog the bounty hunter past TV show

TV show description:
This real-life series details the job of bounty hunter Duane “Dog” Chapman at his Da Kline Bail Bonds facilities in Honolulu, Hawaii, and Denver, Colorado. Dog catches fugitives with the help of his business partner and wife, Beth Smith Chapman, sons Leland and Duane Lee, daughter “Baby” Lyssa Chapman, nephew Justin Bilhag, and associate Tim Chapman.

Dog knows firsthand the position of the criminals he seeks as he himself was once jailed for armed robbery and first-degree murder. The show tells the story of how Dog became a bounty hunter when he admitted to a judge that he was unable to pay child support.

The judge offered Dog a deal; if he could capture a fugitive, the judge would pay part of Dog’s child support in return. Dog now has 12 children to look after and while the series follows him and his company in their search for fugitive drug dealers and arsonists, it also profiles Dog’s journey as a father. To Dog, finding a clown for his son’s birthday party or picking up the right flowers for his wife on their anniversary are just as important (if not more important) than bringing a criminal to justice.

The show began after Dog’s appearance on Take This Job, a show that profiles people with unique and interesting careers.
space

Series Finale

Episode 244 — Mid-Course Correction
Dog’s target for today was once an upstanding member of his community. Now with no home, no job and the law on his trail, this middle-aged exile from middle-class society is using the cold end of an ice pipe to soothe his troubled soul. But Dog also has new trouble brewing inside his own family.
First aired: June 23, 2012.

space

What do you think? Will you miss Dog and his crew?

dave fields April 3, 2013 at 9:45 pm

i would love to say is god bless dog and his crew it was an amazing tv reality tv show i use 2 watch every single episode he had i just wish that dog and the crew could get put back on air it just was 1 of the best real-life reality tv show i ever watch i just wanted 2 say god bless dog and his crew and maybe 1 day some how we can see him back on air. well dog and you crew wish u guys luck in your life and god bless you guys. dog i would love 2 meet you someday before you pass away itll mean a world 2 me and help me change my life more but anyways hope you guys the very best of luck 2 all of the Chapman family and may god be with you guys godbless. dave fields from pc FL

joyce edelstein March 4, 2013 at 3:47 am

Bring them back enjoyed all of them alot lol tink

Jackie Bowman February 23, 2013 at 11:47 am

I miss Dog, Beth and the rest of the family. It was a great show and I always looked forward to watching it. Bring them back.

Mark Willson February 18, 2013 at 8:19 am

Duane Dog Chapman was a refreshing concept, qualifying justice with compassion with a family oriented theme. I am surprised to learn of the cancellation when A&E, and other “reality” series produces absolutely ludicrous reality series such as Duck Dynasty?? The question begs to be asked, what’s happened to our sense of perspective? Agreed, the series had some flaws, as all do, but the message the series implies is fairness. I hope that one day, Dog will be back, but sadly I truly doubt it. For the 244 episodes that touched the heart of the American Public, thanks to A&E for giving us eight good years of the Chapman saga.

bridget January 31, 2013 at 1:04 pm

pLEASE a/e BRING BACK THE NEW SERIES OF THE CHAMPMAN’S WE ALL MISS THEM A SPECIAL DUANE LEE JR (SECOND SON )

DONNA MAJERUS January 19, 2013 at 9:04 am

I WATCHED DOG AND FAMILY EVERY DAY, I TRULY LOVE THE SHOW. IT NEEDS TO BE PUT BACK ON THE AIR.. THIS IS ABOUT THE GOOD GUYS GETTING THE BAD GUYS. WAKE UP GUYS THIS WAS A GOOD ONE.

Donna Thomas November 6, 2012 at 12:24 pm

I love Dog the Bounty Hunter. I watch it every morning while getting ready for work! Please bring them back!

Amy faith October 22, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I love this show. My kid and I lived to sit and watch it. I will miss the chapmen family so much.

April Koughn September 22, 2012 at 7:02 am

Bring back “Dog: The Bounty Hunter”!

Tanya Ellis September 16, 2012 at 12:39 pm

You guys are the best and really all need to work together as a family. I live in the U.K. and watch it every Sunday. It wouldnt be the same if you didnt all work together. Its excellent the way you keep finding all the perps. Love watching it.