Dogs in the City: Season One Ratings

Dogs in the City TV show ratingsHere are the latest ratings for the Dogs in the City TV show in which dog training expert Justin Silver helps clients solve their pet problems. The first season of Dogs in the City typically airs on Wednesday nights on the CBS network.

Here are the TV show’s ratings for the 2011-12 season, the best way to tell if Dogs in the City is going to be cancelled or renewed for season two.

Check out our CBS summer ratings report card to see how this show’s numbers compare with the others on the network.

Final season ratings: 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.29 million total viewers.

Episode 01-06: Wednesday, 07/11/12 (finale)
0.9 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 4.63 million.
Season averages: 1.03 in the demo with 5.29 million.

Episode 01-05: Wednesday, 06/27/12
0.9 in the demo (-18% episode-to-episode change) with 4.72 million.
Season averages: 1.06 in the demo with 5.42 million.

Episode 01-04: Wednesday, 06/20/12
1.1 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 4.95 million.
Season average: 1.10 in the demo with 5.59 million.

Episode 01-03: Wednesday, 06/13/12
1.1 in the demo (+22% episode-to-episode change) with 5.55 million.
Season average: 1.10 in the demo with 5.81 million.

Episode 01-02: Wednesday, 06/06/12
0.9 in the demo (-31% episode-to-episode change) with 5.15 million.
Season average: 1.10 in the demo with 6.72 million.

Episode 01-01: Wednesday, 05/30/12
1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.72 million total viewers.
Season average: 1.30 in the demo with 5.94 million.

It was an underwhelming start for the new reality series. It tied with a repeat of The Middle on ABC for second place. If it dips in week two (as most new shows do), it’ll likely drop to third or fourth place. This premiere was less than half of what CBS saw from last summer’s Big Brother return.

What do you think? Do you like the Dogs in the City TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Kathy September 3, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Love this show. It would be a mistake to cancel this show as it helps us humans to get to know our canine friends and family better. It gets down to the real problems in relating to what our dogs really need from us. Justin is a real help in connecting the human world and the canine world together. Please don’t cancel!

sue obrien September 3, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Please renew!!!

Jackie September 3, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Please renew. This show is so informative and fun to watch.

Don September 2, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Please don’t take this show off. Everyone loves dogs and it is sich a good family show….unlike most of today’s TV!

Sandy Gardner September 1, 2012 at 5:01 am

I just bought a dog. I was hoping to use this show to help me train my dog, therefore I would be watching the show almost daily!!!

Lisa August 30, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Please renew! Love the show!!

Kassyrowe August 30, 2012 at 8:08 pm

I absolutely love this show and can’t wait for the new season to start.
Justin does a fantastic job with the owners as well as the dogs. I
vote to renew this show!

Scott V August 30, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Saw every episode and loved the whole concept. My family and I were always wondering how we would be viewed if we were on the show since we have a pug that rules the roost and we spoil. Please bring it back for another season!

Autumn August 30, 2012 at 12:59 pm

LOVE this show! Please renew it and begin the new season as soon as possible. It was the best, new, interesting show that CBS has introduced in a long time that isn’t a crime procedure. I usually hate reality shows, but this one is great and I’ve learned so much.

Peggy August 28, 2012 at 5:01 pm

The best new show. I love it and can’t wait for it to come back on . Justin Silver is just adorable….

Stephanie August 28, 2012 at 4:24 pm

RENEW WITHOUT QUESTION!!!!! BEST new show that our whole family enjoys! Extremely helpful too!

Sandy August 28, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I really liked it, I think it should be renewed.

Donna August 28, 2012 at 11:06 am

A show I finally enjoy and of course they kill that one. I have 3 dogs here and 1 watches every minute. Oh well Justin you made my week for a short time.

Joyce August 26, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Renew without question. Not only are the tips helpful, but I enjoy seeing NY in a new light, and most importantly, this show can help save lives by encouraging people to adopt dogs from the overfilled shelters!

Sandie in Hermosa Beach August 23, 2012 at 1:32 pm

We love this show! Justin has some great tips on how to correct multiple issues all dog lovers have with their dogs. I vote for RENEWING this shoe.