Dogs in the City

Seasons: One

TV show dates: May 30, 2012 — July 11, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Justin Silver

current TV show

TV show description:
Justin Silver is a dog guru who operates out of New York. He’s a master at resolving issues between dogs and their owners — no matter whose behavior is at fault.

In Manhattan, Justin Silver is known as the “go-to-guy” for all things canine-related. He has a creative and instinctive ability to connect with his dog customers while solving dilemmas for their two-legged masters.

In each episode, he meets with clients who present a range of relationship problems, lifestyle changes or domestic issues — from a couple looking to move in together, but she’s terrified of his golden retriever, to a recently divorced couple whose dog is having a rough time adjusting to joint custody. Justin gets as imaginative as necessary to reach a satisfying resolution, often finding that the owners can be a special breed themselves.

Justin Silver has been taking care of dogs and their owners for more than a decade. A dog trainer, behaviorist and owner of a pet care company, Silver is also a comedian and founder of Funny for Fido, a nonprofit that raises money for homeless animals by producing a yearly stand-up comedy event. Silver firmly believes that every dog can be trained to be a wonderful companion by working on issues calmly and confidently with both his four- and two-legged clients.
space

Series Finale

Episode 6 — You Can Teach Old Dogs New Tricks
Justin partners with Edie Falco to help renovate a shelter that is close to her heart and, while there, he works with a dog who has been scaring off potential adopters. Justin also works with an aggressive dog that was once attacked and an anxious dog that loses her cool during playtime.
First aired: July 11, 2012.

space

GMT July 9, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Do HOPE SHOW CONTINUES. I’ve shared my life with dogs for half a century(mostly GSD’s.), and welcomes any input that helps us further understand and appreciate our close relationship with these willing and loyal companions. I also believe that the success of a happy, healthy relationship is gained through understanding and interaction. which sometimes can be assisted by an opinion of an open-minded ‘expert’. Your show is surely informative with a genuine devotion to the successful achievement of the human/dog partnership. In my opinion, Justin Silver is a perfect host personality for this endeavour.

lori July 5, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I love your show .I wish we could email you directly,as I see many people are looking for you to reply .Keep up the great work . and you are also very attractive. so I love dogs and the city and you :)
great job ….hope the show stays on forever

Diane July 3, 2012 at 9:37 am

Love the show!!! I have a 3 year old female Aussie who is tuff. I have started to use what I have learned from the show.
Would love to know more about how Justin picks who to work with on the show. My Aussie has becomes scared to go out when it gets dark. Has become agressive at the from door if I stand out side it without her, mailman or delivery men and other dogs passing. But open the door and she sits there.
Maybe I will hear from you.
Good work
Diane

M Loucks July 2, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Love the show. How do I get the list on how to cook and what to cook for over weight small dogs. Justin had quite a large list in his hand but did not talk about it enough. Chicken sweet potatoes and broccoli and what else? Would love to hear from you. Is there any to get the list? Thank You M

jack July 1, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Justin, I really enjoy your show great job! I have a question I need to board my dog, Enzo, he’s a poodle German shepherd mix. My concern its for Mts. any ideas how to help with the transition its going to be hard on the both of us. Thank you for your help again keep up the good work you do . Jack

Yvette June 28, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Justin is a hit in my house with me and my dog Chip. in fact Justin and his show Dogs in the City have also helped me to use my dvr. I work in the evenings so am not home to see the show. but on thursdays before I go to work I watch the show and yes my dog Chip watches with me. Hes watched TV since I I brought him home at 6 months in is now almost 6 years old. I am getting quite educated and entertained at the same time. Justin is a wonderful human being and I have to say he is one of the few people who can hold my attention on night time television! I love the show and certainly am looking forward to another season. Keep up the great work and too bad every city cant or dont have a Justin.

Wendy June 28, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Justin: Love your show. Could you please tell me what type of collar and leash you are using on the dogs? I would so like to get one. Thank you!

Linda June 27, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Justin – love that you speak canine and truly love and respect dogs. We are watching

you and trying to learn how to be better pet parents from your show. Please do

another season and another, etc!

george June 20, 2012 at 6:28 pm

From what I’ve seen, the owners are at more fault then there pets. And when you have children that act up worst then the pets do, THAT’S the pet owners fault! If they have that much money in their life, then they are doing nothing but making a waste of tv time and they should be taken to court for abuse of an animal and children!!!!!

james owens June 20, 2012 at 5:55 pm

how can i find out if justin can or will help my friend with her dog that can not hear.so she can walk her dog herself.the dog pulls her to much.the dog is a pittbull (thk)

Kristen June 19, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Justin,
We had a German Shepard for 17 years & she was an amazing dog! After a couple of years we decided to get another dog for our youngest daughter an English bulldog just 10 months ago. Watching your Show we learned so many techniques to help in training our pup!! Thank you so much! Unfortunately, our pup has been diagnosed terminal and may only last a few more months. I know how awesome you are with dogs but do you have any ideas on how we should handle this with our daughter who is only 8 years old? Should we replace the puppy right away or should we let her grieve? Please help us??
Sincerely your #1 8 year old fans mom!!!

Kathleen McCauley June 18, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I JUST LOVE YOUR SHOW,,, MAKES ME SAD TO THINK HOW
MANY DOG OWNERS DON’T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THEIR PET
TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THEM…AND THEY END UP MAKING IT WORSE.
AND NOONE WANTS TO BE AROUND THEM…..
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK… AND STAY ON T.V.
KATHY

Connie K. Elliott June 13, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Justin;

I watched your show for the first time today, June13, 2012. I really enjoyed you and how you worked with the dogs. My daughter has 2 Aussie female’s, that have started to fight for no know reason. She has to keep the girls muzzles when ever they are in the same room, which isn’t offen any more. My daughter is also on the high strung side, and in my opinion she add’s to the problem at this time. She has checked with the breeder, Vet, and the trainer at the doggie day care, and no one has any ideas. We all love the dogs, and they are so sweet and loving. It would be nice if you could come to the Denver, CO area to film one of your shows, and help her and the dogs. I considered getting a training video, but didn’t think the dogs would take the time to watch the video. LOL We need someone to help her and us correct the problem, before someone gets hurt. I would be so greatful if you could be of help in someway. Thank You, Connie K. Elliott

Ardelle Bellman June 13, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Have I gotta dog for you! I`d love to get my claws on you to help me with MinnieLu-poodle/Chihuahua (& I mean Che-Wow-Wow). It appears she`s highly jealous of Sparky, the pomeranian, and assumes various posturing positions like kicking her hind legs (& front sometimes) back and then attacking her around the mouth and shoulders. Through MinnieLu`s efforts, ML lost 4 bottom teeth. Any kind of affection toward Sparky, sparks (no pun here) a jealous rage. Recently, when I picked up Sparky, ML jumped to attack Sparky & bit my elbow. Don`t say, “Good.” I coddle ML, spray her with water, shake pebbles in a can, cuss her real good, tell her she`s up for adoption to Mike Vick (only kidding). Nothing appeals to her. She`s EXTREMELY bright and will be a great challenge to a seasoned NY`er. If you wanna get outta town & go almost coastal, this is the place–Vegas, Baby. I will like to hear from you with suggestions or have you on the premise.

janet larter June 7, 2012 at 12:49 am

We so love your show. You are much better than Ceaser. I also can talk dog. I told my grandkids that I talk dog and when you came on they now belive
me. My daughter and her husband have 2 rotwielers. They are Daisy and Aries they are very sweet dogs, but my daughter and husband need to learn how to talk dog. If you ever have some time to help them I would be greatful and so would they. Keep up the good work. Janet Larter

c