Dominion

Dominion TV show on SyfyNetwork: Syfy
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: June 19, 2014 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Christopher Egan, Tom Wisdom, Carl Beukes, Alan Dale, Roxanne McKee, Anthony Head, Luke Allen-Gale, Shivani Ghai, and Rosalind Halstead.

current TV show

TV show description:
This supernatural drama is set in the near future, some 25 years after “The Extinction War” — when an army of lower angels, assembled by the archangel Gabriel, waged war against mankind. The archangel Michael, turning against his own kind, chose to side with humanity.

Rising out of the ashes of this long battle are newly fortified cities which protect human survivors. The city of Vega is a glistening empire that has been formed from the ruins of what was once Las Vegas. Two houses vie for control and the stage is set for political upheaval and a dangerous power shift.

Abandoned by his father at a young age, Alex Lannon (Christopher Egan) became a soldier. He rose through the ranks to join the Archangel Corps — an elite unit responsible for the protection of Vega’s aristocracy. Through his assignment to House Riesen, Alex developed a secret relationship with Claire, daughter of the Lord of the City. Often rebellious, Alex tries to balance his sense of duty with his need for freedom.

A legendary warrior throughout history, the Archangel Michael (Tom Wisdom) was the only angel to take humanity’s side during the Extermination War and turned against his own kind. Michael has watched over Alex his entire life, but is just now beginning to understand the complexities of having such a close relationship with humans.

Michael’s scornful and jealous brother is the Archangel Gabriel (Carl Beukes) — the leader of the angels in the war against humanity. Though a more colorful personality than Michael, Gabriel is full of hate for mankind and wants nothing less than to wipe them out entirely.

General Riesen (Alan Dale) led humanity in the Extermination War twenty-five years ago, and today leads the city of Vega as Lord of the City. A paragon of strength and duty, Riesen helped build Vega, and imposed a class system as a way to keep order and ensure the city’s survival.

His daughter is Claire Riesen (Roxanne McKee) and she’s next in line for her father’s position as Lord of the City. She is beloved by the people and always does her best to watch out for the city’s lower classes — despite her sheltered and privileged upbringing. Although she is in love with Alex, Claire is torn when her father insists that the only way to help the city move past the caste system she hates so much is to marry William Whele.

As the Secretary of Commerce, David Whele (Anthony Head) is the chief administrator of Vega and the second most powerful leader in the city. A ruthless and cunning political operator, this ambitious man is always on the hunt to keep or grow his power — by any means necessary.

His son is William Whele (Luke Allen-Gale), Vega’s Principate. Specifically, he’s the religious leader of the Church of The Savior, the religion that has grown since the Extermination War all based around the concept of “The Chosen One.” Kind hearted to his flock, he is very much in love with Claire and welcomes their betrothal — even if he admits it is a political move by their fathers.

Arika (Shivani Ghai) is a diplomat from Helena, one of the other cities which have risen in the aftermath of the war. She’s also the beautiful and wily wife of that city’s Queen Evelyn. She arrives in Vega as part of a negotiating party. A stranger in a strange land, she shares a clandestine relationship with David Whele.

As one of General Riesen’s consuls in the Senate, Becca Thorn (Rosalind Halstead) is one of the city’s most powerful leaders and oversees all scientific and medical personnel in the city. She acts as confidant to General Riesen and is a close friend to Claire. Becca carries on a forbidden affair with Michael — one that involves stronger feelings than even she may be comfortable with.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Dominion TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Tom August 2, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Watched it from the beginning and it seems to be getting worse each episode. When you have to change the personalities of the main characters to maintain interest in a show, sorry, that tells me you don’t have a clue where to take the show. The ratings are tanking and so are the plots. Thumbs down for renewal IMO.

anonymous July 31, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I love this new show and really hope it isn’t cancelled.

Molly C July 31, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Loved Legion. Would like to watch the story continue to unfold

Ba July 26, 2014 at 12:16 am

I wasn’t do sure about this new show but it grew on me definlety love it now!with each episode it gets better…

Loyizy July 25, 2014 at 8:42 am

This series is amazing I love it it must never be cancelled

Sharon July 22, 2014 at 6:37 am

I loved Christopher Egan in his last series “Kings” and weas very disappointed when that show was not renewed. I am realy enjoying seeing him again. Tom Wisdom is fantastic as Michael and very sexy. l Actually both actors are. I am really hoping this new series is not cancelled! Make Season two at least 16 episodes.

Tera Farber July 22, 2014 at 8:54 am

I would be very disappointed if the series were to discontinue. For some strange reason, I’ve really gotten to be a big fan.

Tera July 18, 2014 at 12:50 pm

I love to see these angels fly! I’ve never seen a show like this and I am enjoying this fantasy greatly. I certainly would like the show to continue. For some reason, the show is not listed “On Demand” today, and that is why I am on this page. Wanted to see if it was cancelled and was upset by the notion.

joeevanko July 16, 2014 at 1:09 pm

awesome, love the show .. my wife and i are both hooked. i ve always liked sy fy and the cast is interesting. look fwd to seeing it renewed.. i think its one of the best new shows out there..

Impressed by Dominion July 12, 2014 at 2:02 pm

I am really enjoying the show. I was a little disappointed with the pilot, but the on going storyline, look of the show and performances are really much better. It is quickly finding its way into my must watch list. Definitely would like to see a 2nd season!

Gerald johnson July 14, 2014 at 12:19 pm

I think it should not be cancelled, I love the show and I am recording each show every Thursday. I wonder what the plot of the show would end up to be. Is the chosen one is the son of God, the baby that Archangel Michael have saved and hide away from everyone.

anonymous July 4, 2014 at 11:19 am

Love the show so far… only had three episodes which is not enough…please renew we need more than just one season. The characters story lines have so much potential and the cast so talented that I can’t wait to see the next episode. Love the storyline of brothers Michael and Gabriel. Have my DVR all set so I don’t miss out.

Anonymous July 4, 2014 at 1:13 am

I like the show. Something different for a change. Please renew do not leave us hanging without knowing Does theggggggff

I like the show. Please do not leave us hanging without knowing if Michael is doing God,God’s will or is Gabriel right!

e

S in CA June 29, 2014 at 5:13 pm

This is such a bad show I was super disappointed. Really, God “disappears”? Which means they believed He was here in the first place. But then the writers proceed to toss out all the truth that shows the real side of God and his messengers, the angels., and write a very odd script. No, angels are not fairy winged cherebs; they are Gods warriors & messengers. But they aren’t looking for a new savior in the human race. We already have a Savior, Jesus.
Big THUMBS DOWN.

Anonymous June 28, 2014 at 12:23 am

I just saw it and enjoyed it. Give it a chance to catch on.

eileen grabe June 24, 2014 at 8:21 pm

IT’S GREAT…..I saw the movie Legions so I knew where it took off from but
for those that didn’t they can always get it and watch it …It has great potential..

Anonymous June 23, 2014 at 11:15 pm

I think dominion is good but I’ve only seen 1 episode.give the people time for crying out loud