Dr. Phil: Syndicated Talk Show Renewed through the 2013-14 Season

Dr. PhilDr. Phil McGraw is going to be around for quite awhile longer to hand out his personal brand of tough-love.

The Dr. Phil self-help series has just been renewed for three additional seasons which will see the show through the 2013-14 season, its 12th year on the air. It’s been cleared in 70% of the country, including 80% of the top markets.

Dr. Phil has been a big success for McGraw and Harpo Productions (Oprah Winfrey’s company). It’s consistently ranked as the second most-watched talk show on daytime TV, behind The Oprah Winfrey Show where McGraw was once a frequent guest.

Everything hasn’t been rosey behind the scenes however since McGraw is the subject of two lawsuits where he’s being accused of inappropriate behavior.

What do you think? Do you like Dr. Phil’s brand of self-help and tough love?

Susan Hopping September 9, 2014 at 4:33 pm

I personally love Dr. Phi[.The way he taks to people who are desruptive is so right.
He has apparently neen cut from WXII from Winston Salem. I am going to what ever
it takes to get him back. Thank You Dr. Phil. I will need you soon I’m sure.

Susan Hopping

Dolly August 28, 2014 at 4:42 pm

I have been watching the Dr. Phil show for years and now see it will be replaced with Steve Harvey…What gives. Is it coming back on or not ? Anyone know ???

Anonymous August 4, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I stopped watching last year too much fighting and garbage subjects. Was better in the early years.

lori June 8, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Dr. Phil can do no wrong. He is superior.

Gwen Sprouse May 6, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Dear Dr. Phil,
I am a 59 yr. old female that has had 8 back surgeries. I have chronic pain daily and have had steroid injections causing me to gain up to 250 lbs. I have since declined on the injections (as much as possible) and lost down to 185 lbs. My problem ,however, is because I cannot do any type of exercise (not to lose weight anyway) do you have any information that to be helpful to me. Most of the weight is around my middle and because I can’t lift more than 10 lbs I’m stuck. Please help me as I’m sure I am not the only person having this problem. I was at least blessed to find a wonderful doctor after 6 painful surgeries. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance,
Gwen Sprouse

r phillips January 27, 2011 at 9:09 am

I have been watching the Dr. Phil show for a number of years. Knowing how show business works, I know (everyone should know) pity sells, I mean if you are the following you will get help!
whore
drug abuser
alcoholic
rich
upper middle class
winer
stupid
wife abuser
husband abuser
pedophile
white trash
Or just an all around american trash!
Lately all I have been hearing about is the Dr. Phil housewives (whom are all upper class) winning about everything including money.
or that poor Ted Williams. (50+ moron)
It seems to me that the only way you can qualify for help-is to be one of these poor saps!
Great way to teach our children-that all you have to do is drop out of school, get addicted to drugs, and or alcohol, and/or get prego at 16 or younger!

JACKIE LOWERY July 23, 2010 at 5:16 am

HI! DR.PHIL , MY NAME IS JACKIE I’M WRITING YOU BECAUSE MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A 9YEAR OLD CHILD THAT HAS PROMBLE. KNOW SHE TAKES HER MEDICATION FOR MENTAL PROMBLES,LIKE BEEN ABUSE WHEN SHE AYOUNG AGE. NOW SHE CAUESING ALOT OF PROMBLES WITH HER MOTHER AND ME , WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS MATTER , AM REALLY IN LOVE WITH MY GIRLFRIEND. I RAN OUT SAY?

rubydiana July 2, 2010 at 2:34 pm

I’m not sure if the Dr. Phil TV Show was for “HELP” or greed. The people that he has on the
show are being exploited. Some things can’t be fixed, and many of his cases “Can’t”. This show at times, turned into a Freak Show. I prefer The Doctors and Dr. Oz. At least we learn something –instead of getting depressed after watching them.

tina frost March 19, 2010 at 5:07 am

HOW DO YOU GET ON THE Dr. Phil show? I have a story to tell the world.

admin March 19, 2010 at 6:34 am

@tina frost: I’d start with drphil.com

Kaci December 4, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Is the Dr.Phil show coming back or not? If so, when?

admin December 4, 2009 at 2:51 pm

@Kaci: It’s never left. Perhaps your local station stopped carrying it?

Leslie November 7, 2009 at 6:49 pm

I’m surprised that Dr. Phil didn’t get renewed in Houston, a top ten television market and the fourth largest city in the country. According to one of the trades, it’s a Post-Newsweek thing because of their perception of moving in the “tabloid” content direction and sagging ratings. I haven’t checked to see if the other Post-Newsweek stations are still airing it, but if I were in syndication sales, I could have cleared it on one of the many Houston stations who is looking for good early fringe programming.