Dracula: Cancel or Keep the NBC TV Series?

Dracula TV show: cancel or keep?Grimm has done very well for NBC on Friday nights and is one of their highest-rated dramas. How has Dracula been performing? Is it safe or likely to be cancelled?

Based on the classic Bram Stoker story, Dracula takes place in London. The title character (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) poses as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

The series debuted on October 25th to a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.26 million viewers. This was a very respectable performance for a Friday airing.

Unfortunately, the ratings took a big dive in week two and then again in week three, falling to a 0.9 rating with 2.96 million.

Should Dracula be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

After seven episodes, Dracula is now averaging a 1.1 in the demo and 3.46 million viewers. Unless the next few episodes see a good-size gain, the averages will keep dropping.

With ratings like these, it would seem unlikely that NBC would want to order a second season. However, the network has partnered with Sky Living on the series, decreasing their costs. Dracula started airing in the UK on Sky Living last Halloween.

It’s also worth noting that NBC renewed Hannibal last spring and that show drew even worse numbers on Thursdays.

So, essentially, Dracula’s fate could go either way. We’ll have to wait and see whether it will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

But, what do you think? Do you like Dracula? Do you think it should be renewed or cancelled?

Some1 January 29, 2014 at 8:57 am

Keep it! I love it!

sharon January 29, 2014 at 4:47 am

Please keep Dracula. It is a great show. I am always happy when Friday roles around and I can watch it. Don’t go out on that night just so I can stay home and me and family can watch it. Please don’t cancel it.

nikole January 29, 2014 at 3:17 am

Please don’t cancel I want to know what happened with Dracula and mina and not the Lucy’s a vamp I want to know what happened with her. I love this show it makes my Friday night special getting to see Johnathan Rhys Meyers play Dracula.

Gretta January 28, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Keep it! I simply haven’t been able to watch it on Fridays due to personal circumstances but I have seen EVERY episode on line when time has allowed. I absolutely LOVE this series!!!

Nichole January 28, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. I usually do not leave feedback or comments, but this show is really good. I am in front of the tv every friday night. It is so captivating and has the perfect amount of suspense. I love that they picked Jonathan rhys meyers as the dracula……perfect

debbie January 28, 2014 at 3:53 pm

love dracula, keep it

Spider1982 January 28, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Please NBC renew Dracula…for the second season…If not allow the cast make a new Dracula movie which follows Bram Stoker’s Dracula.

Biby January 28, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Keep it! I love this show!

cherie January 28, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Keep it. Its the only adult vampire show we have on tv. Being human isn’t that good. I love dracula

Tonya Thomas January 28, 2014 at 11:20 am

I love this show! Not the same old tale. It’s new and far different than previous shows. Give it a second season, let’s,see,where it takes us!

Mike Noah January 28, 2014 at 10:23 am

Well done. This is the best that TV has produced in years. It would be a shame to cancel.

suzanne werbiski January 27, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Loved this Show… I’ve been hooked since the beginning!

Suzanne January 27, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Love Dracula! Keep it!

kay January 27, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Definitely continue the series really good spin on dracula will miss it.

karen January 28, 2014 at 1:28 am

I love this show. My husband and myself have been following it closely. Look
forward to it every week. Continue the series. Possibly airing it on a different night, i.e. Thursday would help the ratings.

Eric Miller January 27, 2014 at 5:53 pm

I do not watch Grimm. But, on an endorsement from someonevwhose opinion I respect, I agreed to take a look. This same person turned me on to programs I never watched like NCIS and ironically Hannibal. I did not see the premiere, but continued on fron episode four or so. I have not missed a single episode since, including the spectacular finale. I am hooked. I will buy this program and would buy avsecond season sight unseen.
This is a complex and remarkable program. A story that needs to be concluded respectfully. Ryes Davies is performing way above the net. Let him finish this tragic tale. Just not on Friday night.