Dracula: Cancel or Keep the NBC TV Series?

Dracula TV show: cancel or keep?Grimm has done very well for NBC on Friday nights and is one of their highest-rated dramas. How has Dracula been performing? Is it safe or likely to be cancelled?

Based on the classic Bram Stoker story, Dracula takes place in London. The title character (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) poses as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

The series debuted on October 25th to a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.26 million viewers. This was a very respectable performance for a Friday airing.

Unfortunately, the ratings took a big dive in week two and then again in week three, falling to a 0.9 rating with 2.96 million.

Should Dracula be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

After seven episodes, Dracula is now averaging a 1.1 in the demo and 3.46 million viewers. Unless the next few episodes see a good-size gain, the averages will keep dropping.

With ratings like these, it would seem unlikely that NBC would want to order a second season. However, the network has partnered with Sky Living on the series, decreasing their costs. Dracula started airing in the UK on Sky Living last Halloween.

It’s also worth noting that NBC renewed Hannibal last spring and that show drew even worse numbers on Thursdays.

So, essentially, Dracula’s fate could go either way. We’ll have to wait and see whether it will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

But, what do you think? Do you like Dracula? Do you think it should be renewed or cancelled?

Lauren January 31, 2014 at 5:40 pm

This show is fantastic! I was so disappointed when it ended. PLEASE PLEASE carry on with further series of this great drama!

Brante January 31, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I thoroughly enjoy this show, especially the blend of technology and romance, along with intrigue and violence, I know it’s worthy of at least 2-3 seasons! :)

Lorel Lee January 31, 2014 at 3:57 pm

I look forward to watching this every Friday. Night. Please do not cancel! Love this show

Jancy January 31, 2014 at 3:26 pm

The BEST vampire TV show I never watched! PLEASE KEEP!!

Andrea January 31, 2014 at 2:57 pm

This DRACUA show has me obsessed with the story! You MUST renew this show! The cast is AMAZING! Dracula & Mina’s story is awesome! I even love the gore! The costumes and atmosphere really make me feel how that time period is. I think its a pretty incredible show! I will be missing it terribly tonight! Please RENEW! (and PLEASE hurry!) lol

Adam leal January 31, 2014 at 3:07 am

I pray that they don’t cancel I think it a great show and should keep going it’s the only reason I watch regular tv Great actors and good plot my family love it Please keep it going I even have friends and friends of friends talking about it All the time

I pray it keeps going and I get new shows to watch.

Sally Fowler January 31, 2014 at 12:44 am

I really love Dracula and look forward to it every week. I love the casting, storyline, costuming, plot … everything about it. It’s different, intense and just plain great television. I’ll be SO disappointed if it’s cancelled. Please, NBC, renew Dracula. It’s wonderful entertainment.

Donna January 30, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Just watched all episodes and love the show. Please bring it back. Don’t cancel like you (NBC) did with Merlin. We had to go to another network to watch the next season.

Francesca January 30, 2014 at 6:41 pm

It must go on!!! I want to know what appens now!!!

ann witt January 30, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Dracula was a fabulous show. I hope they will keep it on the air!

Gaye January 30, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Great show!!! Love the characters and actors …. Great follow up after Grimm…. Please don’t cancel!!!!!

Michelle January 30, 2014 at 12:41 am

I loved the show. Hope it comes back for another season.

Liz January 29, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Love this show. Please don’t cancel!!

Tara January 29, 2014 at 12:59 pm

This show is awesome. Please don’t cancel this show. I think you should change the day and time slot for the show. Put it on a Monday, Tuesday or Thursday. Fridays are not good for the audience it attracts because many of them go out on the weekends. Also the time slot is too late. Make it at 9:oo pm E/8:00 pm C. You would get more watchers and especially if you put the show on a night where there is absolutely nothing on. You could also do like the Under the Dome show and show it during the summer when all we have are repeats of old shows. You would get a wider audience. Under the Dome did amazing because there was nothing else on. Please, please renew Dracula. It is amazing!!!

Mary Jo Baratta - Cupp January 29, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Best show NBC! Please renew Dracula!