Dracula: Cancel or Keep the NBC TV Series?

Dracula TV show: cancel or keep?Grimm has done very well for NBC on Friday nights and is one of their highest-rated dramas. How has Dracula been performing? Is it safe or likely to be cancelled?

Based on the classic Bram Stoker story, Dracula takes place in London. The title character (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) poses as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

The series debuted on October 25th to a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.26 million viewers. This was a very respectable performance for a Friday airing.

Unfortunately, the ratings took a big dive in week two and then again in week three, falling to a 0.9 rating with 2.96 million.

Should Dracula be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

After seven episodes, Dracula is now averaging a 1.1 in the demo and 3.46 million viewers. Unless the next few episodes see a good-size gain, the averages will keep dropping.

With ratings like these, it would seem unlikely that NBC would want to order a second season. However, the network has partnered with Sky Living on the series, decreasing their costs. Dracula started airing in the UK on Sky Living last Halloween.

It’s also worth noting that NBC renewed Hannibal last spring and that show drew even worse numbers on Thursdays.

So, essentially, Dracula’s fate could go either way. We’ll have to wait and see whether it will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

But, what do you think? Do you like Dracula? Do you think it should be renewed or cancelled?

Maria February 1, 2014 at 5:35 pm

I think it should be renewed – it is awesome watched all episodes in week on demand

Lezabetha February 1, 2014 at 5:02 pm

I have enjoyed this series very much. Hopefully NBC will decide to continue with another season at least. I do not watch much television, but found this worth my time. This seemed to have an interesting twist, and almost as if it were a fill in to the original story.

Dawn February 1, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I did the same thing. read the survey wrong. Don’t cancel it. Please not that 10% might be alot of goofs.

mal solo February 1, 2014 at 4:39 pm

I am a number one fan of Johnathon R Meyers and he is amazing on Dracula , they can not find a better actor than him for this role . All episodes are breathtaking and my Friday nights have a reason now because of this Tv series . I love it, is amazing and so well produced . A SECOND SEASON WOULD BE IT ! Would just make our Fridays actually worthed in front of the TV. PLEASE MORE SEASONS AND EPISODES ….

Annie February 2, 2014 at 2:44 pm

dont cancel! Love this series and it is refreshing to see that NBC can be creative!

Annie February 2, 2014 at 2:52 pm

People love this show. NBC has not given this show time to develop. As for me, I loved the sets actors and the storylines. A lot of fans are going to be disappointed if this show doesnt make it.!

Dawn February 1, 2014 at 4:26 pm

I find this show entertaining. The fact that it strays from the original story makes it more interesting because you don’t know what will happen next. If it was just like the novel, why watch it we already know what happens in the original story. Yes for Season 2.

Laviana February 1, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Please do not cancel. I love it! The ending of season 1 was screaming to be continued. Best show in a long long time.

lydia major February 1, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Please don’t I enjoy the show and its the best I’ve seen NBC produce please dont

Anabel Oliva February 1, 2014 at 12:25 pm

This show is incredible, and I am absolutely obsessed with it, I love the actors and the story, I would die if it gets cancelled so please don’t cancel it.

Rose February 1, 2014 at 3:34 am

It’s not like the other vampire shows on tv, so Dracula is really refreshing. I’d be really disappointed if they cancelled it. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL! :(

Erica February 1, 2014 at 2:29 am

OMG I feel terrible I missed the last episode this series has to be renewed love the story the time era the costumes noon

whitney February 1, 2014 at 1:35 am

I like the show. Johnathon R Meyers makes a sexy vampire. His sexiest role if you ask me.

Stacey Johns January 31, 2014 at 9:46 pm

I accidentally hit “yes” b/c the lead in asked if it should have a 2nd season, but then realized I voted “yes” for cancellation. NO. Please give it some time to develop. It has a lot of potential. NBC – don’t cancel, put it in a better time slot. And, make the whole season available online so viewers who haven’t seen it, can catch up. If more people saw it, I think it could be a hit.

Lesley January 31, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Please don’t cancel Dracula. I look forward to Friday night to watch this show, Jonathan Reese Myers is awesome, one of my favorite actors. The show is really good! Lets give it another season.

Jade January 31, 2014 at 8:00 pm

My mom and dad love the show please oh please dont cancel the show they love it

Carolyn Bruce January 31, 2014 at 7:41 pm

My husband & I love, love the show!!! We always look forward to it!!PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL IT!! It is great!! Just love all characters!! The actors are brilliant!!
So much talent & love the story!!