Dracula: Cancel or Keep the NBC TV Series?

Dracula TV show: cancel or keep?Grimm has done very well for NBC on Friday nights and is one of their highest-rated dramas. How has Dracula been performing? Is it safe or likely to be cancelled?

Based on the classic Bram Stoker story, Dracula takes place in London. The title character (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) poses as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

The series debuted on October 25th to a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.26 million viewers. This was a very respectable performance for a Friday airing.

Unfortunately, the ratings took a big dive in week two and then again in week three, falling to a 0.9 rating with 2.96 million.

Should Dracula be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

After seven episodes, Dracula is now averaging a 1.1 in the demo and 3.46 million viewers. Unless the next few episodes see a good-size gain, the averages will keep dropping.

With ratings like these, it would seem unlikely that NBC would want to order a second season. However, the network has partnered with Sky Living on the series, decreasing their costs. Dracula started airing in the UK on Sky Living last Halloween.

It’s also worth noting that NBC renewed Hannibal last spring and that show drew even worse numbers on Thursdays.

So, essentially, Dracula’s fate could go either way. We’ll have to wait and see whether it will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

But, what do you think? Do you like Dracula? Do you think it should be renewed or cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

454 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. SOUTHSIDE says

Dracula, is the “BOMB”. You have an absolute winner, don’t mess up a good thing. It has sex, betrayal, loyalty, mystery, and a whole slew of other interwoven entanglements. I haven’t seen this much suspense, and “who can you trust” in a long time. Please, please renew this show for a 2nd & 3rd season.

2. Jacqueline says

Please bring this show back!! The story line, horror, romance and actors are just the right mix…I love this show and I hope it’s brought back for another season

3. Bernie says

Yes, Please keep it for a secind season and more. There is nothing else worth watching on tv, this the best thing to come along in a long time !!! I absolutely love this show..

4. Bernie says

I absolutely love this series. I am so tired of the stupid sitcoms. Finally we have a show we can follow. The story, scenes, costumes, and actors are just fantastic. We are so lucky to get Jonathan Rhys Meyers on this show as he is a wonderful actor. I never get a call asking if I watch a show and then it’s cancelled. This time I am speaking up because finally someone is asking my opinion. Keep, Keep, Dracula for a second season and more, PLEASE !!!

5. NANC says

I love this show. Dracula has always been a favorite fiction. Sex sells and this version does have that. Bram Stoker’ Dracula with Gary Oldman was great. JRM Oh my!!!!

6. Charlie Lamb says

This is a total refreshing of the original Bram Stoker vampire mythology. It’s nice to see vampires updated – respecting Bram Stoker’s original concept – as non-human creatures of the night in human form. This series does an excellent job of restoring the horror of the vampire condition, and yet, doesn’t fall prey to the current overly ‘romanticized’ view of vampires as misunderstood victims of some original evil. It successfully joins together a more modern approach to the Bram Stoker’s Dracula without completely washing away the evil acts committed by creatures of the night. Very well done. The complex anti-hero in this new Dracula is a pleasure to watch. I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of truely good horror and fantasy.

7. says

Please don’t cancel the show Dracula…. Love the show can’t wait till Friday to watch it!I love the super natural world! Dracula , Bitten, The Originals, walking dead, American horror story, Bates motel! These are the shows that keep it interesting! Dracula it’s just as good as any of the ones I just mentioned please don’t cancel it want to no what happens! Looking forward to it!

8. Lorrie Murty says

I am in love with the series Dracula. I do not follow any TV series but this one I make a point to watch. It reminds me of the old school Dracula’s. There is nothing else on TV that is worth watching. Please, do not cancel this show!!!

9. Michelle LaValley says

I love the show. Look forward to my Friday night of Grimm and Dracula. Will not watch Hannibal. Want the mysterious and the romance.

10. mac says

Good show bad time, and sadly I fear due to the building of the plot could have caused a loss in viewers. The first season reminds me of the dark night slow but building towards something big and interesting, unfortunately our ADD society won’t be able to wait for it and lose interest. For a show like this they need at lest three seasons…but probably won’t happen

• DONN ROBB says

I THINK THE SHOW IS DIFFERENT AND INTERESTING, TAKES YOU BACK IN TIME CREATIVE, THERE’S LOVE, REVENGE, MYSTERY, YOUR ACTUALLY ROOTING FOR DRACULA, YOU CAN’T WAIT TO SEE MORE. I LOVE THE SHOW!!!