Dracula: Cancel or Keep the NBC TV Series?

Dracula TV show: cancel or keep?Grimm has done very well for NBC on Friday nights and is one of their highest-rated dramas. How has Dracula been performing? Is it safe or likely to be cancelled?

Based on the classic Bram Stoker story, Dracula takes place in London. The title character (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) poses as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

The series debuted on October 25th to a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.26 million viewers. This was a very respectable performance for a Friday airing.

Unfortunately, the ratings took a big dive in week two and then again in week three, falling to a 0.9 rating with 2.96 million.

Should Dracula be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

After seven episodes, Dracula is now averaging a 1.1 in the demo and 3.46 million viewers. Unless the next few episodes see a good-size gain, the averages will keep dropping.

With ratings like these, it would seem unlikely that NBC would want to order a second season. However, the network has partnered with Sky Living on the series, decreasing their costs. Dracula started airing in the UK on Sky Living last Halloween.

It’s also worth noting that NBC renewed Hannibal last spring and that show drew even worse numbers on Thursdays.

So, essentially, Dracula’s fate could go either way. We’ll have to wait and see whether it will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

But, what do you think? Do you like Dracula? Do you think it should be renewed or cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

454 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Diane says

I love this programme. Please keep it!!! It’s the best show in the UK and I look forward to every episode!!!!!!

2. Gloria says

Jonathan Rhys Meyers performance in “Drácula” is one of the bests at the moment.
    Mina-Drácula love story is the best part.
    To me, it is Top One serie.
    Can´t wait for season 2 already.
    NBC, dont let me down.

3. Anne Allison says

Please keep Dracula, it’s the only show I look forward to watching. It has stellar writers and cast. A lot of people would be devastated if Dracula were cancelled, including me.

4. BeachBum says

I just happened to browse the Primetime channel and watched the first episode on a whim. By the second day I had caught up on all eight episodes! Love it! Please don’t cancel!

5. Angelfroste says

The only reason I look forward to Friday nights is Dracula. I intentionally stay in Friday nights for this show. I think it would do a whole lot better if it was switched to Sunday nights, however. I love this show! I faithfully tune in to watch this and Grimm.

6. Ana says

The only reason I watch NBC is for Dracula. And wonderful well written and terrific actors, amazing actor playing Dracula as well!

7. Kelly Wagner says

I love this Show so much.I look forward to it every Friday at ten I am for an hour in Dracula Heaven.He is the Epitomy of Dracula.I could never get enough of this show.Never.V^^V

8. Karin Pissoort says

This show is great and doing very well in Belgium – Europe. We were fed up with all those fluffy teenager vampire series. This show goes back to Bram Stoker but wit an original twist. Great acting and costumes. Keep it going.

9. lucy says

The show would be great if the casting wasn’t so bad. The supporting cast is good but what a horrible choice of actor to play Dracula.

• Anonymous says

You have to be joking about cancelling this show, it’s one of the few shows on this Fall that
      I like on NBC. I know it will be picked up by other market if the dummy at NBC let it go.