Dracula: Cancel or Keep the NBC TV Series?

Dracula TV show: cancel or keep?Grimm has done very well for NBC on Friday nights and is one of their highest-rated dramas. How has Dracula been performing? Is it safe or likely to be cancelled?

Based on the classic Bram Stoker story, Dracula takes place in London. The title character (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) poses as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

The series debuted on October 25th to a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.26 million viewers. This was a very respectable performance for a Friday airing.

Unfortunately, the ratings took a big dive in week two and then again in week three, falling to a 0.9 rating with 2.96 million.

Should Dracula be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

After seven episodes, Dracula is now averaging a 1.1 in the demo and 3.46 million viewers. Unless the next few episodes see a good-size gain, the averages will keep dropping.

With ratings like these, it would seem unlikely that NBC would want to order a second season. However, the network has partnered with Sky Living on the series, decreasing their costs. Dracula started airing in the UK on Sky Living last Halloween.

It’s also worth noting that NBC renewed Hannibal last spring and that show drew even worse numbers on Thursdays.

So, essentially, Dracula’s fate could go either way. We’ll have to wait and see whether it will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

But, what do you think? Do you like Dracula? Do you think it should be renewed or cancelled?

Laura January 18, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Dracula is brilliant, a great top class show. Simply, the best show on tv right now, and the best vampire series ever. I just can’t believe NBC is considering not renewing. Finally a show worth watching, very well done in all senses, and with an actor who perform a great character as nobody managed to do since Gary Oldman. I’ll be very dissapointed if they cancel the show.

Anonymous January 18, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I love this show! I don’t watch on Friday nights, but always watch the next day on demand or my computer. Please renew for a second season :)

Irene January 18, 2014 at 1:01 pm

i dont think its an option not to keep the show. must be the second.. an more.. and more seasons

Gina Julia January 18, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I am a major fan of Dracula and I would be delighted if it would be renewed for a second season quite soon I hope.

mary carlson January 18, 2014 at 11:39 am

We watch every week.
Keep it!
You kept Smash for 2 seasons!

ANN MASTANDREA January 18, 2014 at 11:14 am

LOVE,LOVE THIS SHOW! PLEASE KEEP IT! I HARDLY EVER WATCH NETWORKS LIKE NBC…NOW IAM,ALL DUE TO “DRACULA”!

Lindsey January 18, 2014 at 11:02 am

I love this show, I really really do.

Ross January 18, 2014 at 10:55 am

KEEP!!!

Sherry House January 18, 2014 at 10:21 am

I love this show, please don’t cancel. I look forward to every Friday and the hour goes by so fast! Please keep it on.

Estrella59 January 18, 2014 at 10:18 am

Dacula is very entertaining and is pretty accurate to the stories. Please keep it on. I watch Grimm and then Dracula makes for a Great night of TV

Mary January 18, 2014 at 9:58 am

This is a very interesting film. Many people (and me too) want to see season 2. ))

Phetogo January 18, 2014 at 9:42 am

please keep the show running….by far one of the best shows running since last year….th series is way 2 beautiful and bears a stronger pull and appeal compared 2 shows such as grimm. Maybe the time-slot does not really favor it…since Fridays commence the start of the weekend.10pm is a bit late in my opinion….eithr way divergin back to the show,me and my famiy totally love alexander and mina…..and of course the sudden trend of vampiric shows like VD and the originals dont potray much about history like this show!….please this show has 2 continue

Netta January 18, 2014 at 9:41 am

Please have a 2nd season of Dracula! It’s an amazing series, with a brilliant cast. Would be so disappointed if it ends after one season!

TinaOhio January 18, 2014 at 9:21 am

I love this show, I love the feel of it and the characters. I love that it lets me forget about my world for an hour and visit another. Can’t wait for season two!

maria January 18, 2014 at 9:09 am

Please continue the show!! Im annoyed ive got to wait :-( and plus a girl needs to see me meyers on her telly once a week hes so gawjus :D love the show