Dracula: Season One Ratings

Dracula TV show on NBC ratingsThe peacock network has found ratings success with the dark Grimm series on Friday nights. Is there room for another spooky thriller or will Dracula be cancelled quickly like so many other series? Stay tuned!

NBC’s Dracula is a retelling of the classic Bram Stoker story. In London, Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) is posing as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks just like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

5/10 update: NBC has cancelled Dracula after one season and 10 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.25 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Dracula TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for second season?

Clarity December 16, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Please renew both series, Grimm and Dracula, they are amazing and intriguing shows.

JaneT December 16, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Keep this show on please!!! I love Dracula, it’s amazing!

elizabeth and laurie December 16, 2013 at 8:32 am

we are fanatics of the show. So good..our days go by so fast just thinking about firday nights.

Kristina December 15, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Please keep the show on. I DVR it as well. I love Dracula! The show is about Dracula. Love, suspense , etc. It’s not about modern vampires, which makes it totally different than the other shows. Dracula, was the beginning. The actors/actresses are amazing!!!! Please keep it on!!!!!!

Cathy December 15, 2013 at 12:34 am

Thank you for not making this vampire sparkle. Brutal, cunning, charming, seductive and cutthroat. I enjoy the dynamics of all of the characters. The casting could not have been better. I hope to see many more seasons of this show.

Carol December 16, 2013 at 12:12 am

I have seen the numbers go up. They were very low but now it is a 4.3. Not a phenom, but substantial from what it was. Keep this show!

faithfulraven December 14, 2013 at 1:31 am

I really hope NBC please keeps Dracula on the air! The show was a lovely surprise at first, and now the suspense at the end of every episode makes me anxious to watch more every week. Unfortunately, I work friday nights so I DVR the actual show time, which probably doesn’t help with the ratings. If they cancel this one, they would be making a big mistake and sadly lose a lot of fans in the process.

moorevic December 13, 2013 at 11:38 pm

LOVE this show!!! Love the acting and actors. Hope it stays on a long long time!!!! Don’t cancel the series, we love it!!!!!!

Linda December 13, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Please save this show best vampire series since blade!

Ewa December 10, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Best show ever! I hope it will last for at least one more season. Please no more shows about police and crime in NYC, emergency room doctors and people coming to LA to find boyfriends. Finally something classic, romantic and exciting. Great retake on Dracula’s story. My favorite Dracula so far was Frank Langella, But JRM is also doing a great job! And I especially enjoy the twist on Van Helsing!
Please NBC, don’t cancel it. Why only people with HBO or Showtime can watch interesting shows? We, regular viewers want them too! We don’t want any more Desperate Housewives, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, Shields, Grey’s anatomy itp. We want to come home and see something like Downtown Abbey, Tudors and Game of Thrones! Dracula is the best show now on TV. Surely people say the plot is predictable, the story was told many times itp. But how many times can you watch people being shot by criminal, police looking for DNA, and accident victim being pushed into ED. Or even worst, woman shopping all the time for designer clothes and fighting for boyfriends.
We want something good for change like Dracula!
Thank you!

kellen December 9, 2013 at 10:40 pm

I LOVE this show- didn’t think I would. Please keep it!!

Lissa Holsclaw December 9, 2013 at 9:59 am

When I first saw the ads for the show, I thought “uh oh, another boring and useless take on the whole done-to-death Dracula thing”. But then I watched and now I’m hooked! I think it is original, I love Jonathan Rhys Meyers in the lead, and the storylines are simple to follow which to me is preferable over the crazy super-detailed “vampire mythologies” that pervade other modern vampire shows. I love the tie-back into medeival history’s real Vlad Tepes (it was about time!). The sets and costuming are stunning and a joy to watch. And another thing worth mentioning–my husband absolutely HATES vampire shows, but even he really seemed to like this show when he watched it with me over the last couple episodes. Now that’s a real testament to Dracula’s power to “put the bite” on TV viewers willing to give it a chance….

Debs December 9, 2013 at 8:02 am

Are you people even watching the same show…?

I watched 4 episodes and gave up. Bad scripting, wooden acting, atrocious plot (what there is of it)… No sympathy or empathy for the characters… it’s like waiting paint dry without the excitement!

Bound to be cancelled, Utter rubbish!

Carol December 9, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I think the people who dislike this are in the minority lately. No plot?? Wooden acting??? I don’t think so. Try watching S.H.I.E.L.D- you’ll appreciate this show 100% more. Now that’s bad everything and is renewed.

Evesocal December 9, 2013 at 12:37 am

I love this show! Best Dracula ever. My son and his wife love it too. Hope it stays a long time.

SallyNS December 9, 2013 at 12:20 am

I am addicted to this series. All fingers crossed that NBC renews it for another season. Love the tension and interaction between all the characters. Can’t wait for the next episode. Please, NBC, give it a chance and keep it on.

debbie December 8, 2013 at 11:20 pm

I wasn’t sure if I would watch after the first episode but each week it has improved. It actually has a story line, fine acting and I enjoy how the original concept by Stoker, has been reworked and improved.
The problem is the time slot-Fridays at 10pm. I generally DVR it and then watch it at a later . The ratings above indicate it is beginning to do better. I feel it if had a better time slot it would skyrocket.
I was very disappointed to see this show will not have another new episode until January 3rd-just as the audience was building.
If it does get cancelled, I hope another network will pick it up.
In a sea of Vampire Shows, this one is classy, aimed at adults rather than teens and appears to have some depth and character development.
PLEASE SAVE THIS SHOW!

Carol December 9, 2013 at 9:34 am

Yes, I agree. Please keep this on the air!
Carol