Dracula: Season One Ratings

Dracula TV show on NBC ratingsThe peacock network has found ratings success with the dark Grimm series on Friday nights. Is there room for another spooky thriller or will Dracula be cancelled quickly like so many other series? Stay tuned!

NBC’s Dracula is a retelling of the classic Bram Stoker story. In London, Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) is posing as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks just like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

5/10 update: NBC has cancelled Dracula after one season and 10 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.25 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Dracula TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for second season?

Mia January 11, 2014 at 2:47 pm

DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!! This is one of the most engaging and exciting shows on TV right now. I look forward to Friday nights because of this. The new take on the story has breathed a new life into a story that has been retold with no flair for a long time. The finely crafted production, the lush settings, the bold and exciting writing that shapes the characters and storyline are all brilliant and the cast of actors are of the highest caliber. JMR is an amazing, deep, dark, heart aching and brilliant Dracula , I love the angle of that shred of humanity still within him, I feel his agonies, it’s fanscinating , heartbreaking and the dynamic between he and Renfield is such a natural fit, the bond, their relationship is a driving force in the story. Please give this show a chance to grow. It is such a large story, that it needs the time to be told properly so we see and become involved and get to know the psyche of each character. The pace is brilliant and it allows us in to get to know and become involved in the story. I hope so much that it will continue

Violet January 12, 2014 at 3:01 am

Alot of people watch online and not just on tv so if they just go by people watching on tv then they are missing many people that love the show!!

A Fan January 11, 2014 at 1:56 pm

I really look forward to this series and I’ve got several coworkers watching as well. Please don’t cancel!

Kat January 11, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Nooooo! That can’t cancel it. This is the ONE. Show I’ll watch live and not DVR!!! If the cancel I’ll be one ticked of chic!

Damian January 11, 2014 at 2:47 am

Dracula is a delicious wine! Every Friday I look forward to savoring it’s rich textures, dark layers, and deep scents. The production value is amazing to say the least, and the acting is without question, top of the game. The writing is very well done and the conceptualization is film quality. Please do not cancel this diamond in the rough that is the television wasteland. With close to 1000 channels and access to movies abound, I ALWAYS make time on my Friday evening to watch Dracula. The problem is that TV producers are looking for instant gratification, and when a show doesn’t immediately blow the top off the ratings, they are quick to write it off. I hope for a better fate for this show, as it deserves it. Dare to go against the norm of brain-dead television, and please renew this program. The sad thing about the Nielsen ratings (and also their huge flaw) is that they fail to record viewers watching via DVR. Nearly a dozen individuals I work with are loyal fans of Dracula, however nearly all of them have to watch the recorded episodes at a later time or day. Since this is a late Friday night show, not considering delayed viewership would be a huge disadvantage. PLEASE RENEW!!

rebecca baker January 11, 2014 at 2:15 am

I only watch grimm so I do not miss Dracula. Do not cancel Dracula. Without Dracula my family would not watch nbc

Breze January 11, 2014 at 1:37 am

They can’t cancel it!! I love it!! I didn’t get it at first until I gave it a chance! It was even nominated for best new drama for people’s choice, and the winner was reign (and even that show started off with low ratings or reviews, slated to be cancelled) they have to give it a chance!

mona January 11, 2014 at 12:43 am

back again! You haven’t given this show a chance yet! Just finished watching episode 108, and was disappointed that more was not revealed about ilonas and vlads past! I simply CAN’T wait for Fridays to see what is revealed next. Each episode is wrapped in an enigma as we realize Dracula has everyone doing his bidding, even tho they don’t know it! Yet, what is Van helsing up to? Why is renfield the only one Dracula trusts? What happened to the tryptich now that Lord davenport is dead? C’mon NBC don’t leave us all “in the dark”! Renew! Renew!

Carol January 11, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Afterall, he did save Renfield’s life and so Renfield is loyal to him. He has known his secret since the beginning. Now, I wonder how many years have passed since that incident- just curious.
Carol
that fiance (Jon) is dumb as dirt too- now he’s in for it

tancey January 10, 2014 at 11:36 pm

The show has really grown on me w ould like g see the love story unfold

S January 10, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Awesome show

Tara January 10, 2014 at 10:17 pm

I love this show!!!!!!!!! Please renew it. Jonathon Rhys Meyers is an amazing Dracula!!! I watch it every Friday and haven’t missed one night!!

michele January 10, 2014 at 9:35 pm

It is the only show I watch and if I was to miss it I watch online. Do not have cable and I believe there is a big part of the viewers numbers being missed in the count. The settings are gorgeous the plot is suspensful and the actors arr fabulous. The show should be in the 9pm est slot and it is the only show worth watching. How broke girls can stay on is beyond me there is no comparison. Johnathan please keep up the awesome work you are so talented.

DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!

Jenn January 10, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Dracula is fantastic! I love the show and NEVER miss it. I love the story, the science, and how the characters are growing with every episode. Please keep this show on. Please renew! This is THE BEST show that there is on at 10 o’clock!

Tina, Derry, Ireland January 10, 2014 at 11:22 am

DO NOT CANCEL PLEASE!!!! I was having withdrawal symptoms when it took a break over the Christmas period. It is Brilliant! So dark and moody, great acting from all involved, excellent story-lines. Johnathan Rhys Meyer is fantastic, so what if he likes a wee drink, he is Irish after all and we all love our drink!!! Americans are so uptight about drinking….life is too short and I really don’t think the show should be cancelled, its far too good.

Anonymous January 10, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Tina…A lot of us “Americans” love the show and we too would be beyond disappointed if the show was canceled. Unfortunately, it looks like it might be because the ratings aren’t high enough. But please don’t bring Jonathan’s drinking or any other problems into the conversation…It’s all about the show. Rhy Myers is fantastic…drop the ‘us” vs. “them” thing please.

Tina January 11, 2014 at 11:22 am

Hi Anonymous (strange name ;)

Wasn’t dissing Johnathan at all or Americans for that matter, I think he is amazing and the american people. Johnathan was made for this role, no-one else could play it like him. I just saw a lot of negative press over here in the last few months, which seriously annoyed me, I was therefore making the point that this should not be used in a negative way. I just thought the producers may have used this along with the ratings to try and cancel the show, which would be a complete travesty in my opinion. So sorry if I offended as it wasn’t my intention at all. I am and always will be one of his and the shows biggest fans.

B Spen January 10, 2014 at 7:09 am

It would be a travesty to cancel this jewel of a series. There’s plenty of life left in it and character development.

Tina, Derry, Ireland January 10, 2014 at 11:24 am

Totally agree, some programmes don’t get a chance to grow these days, let it run.

me January 10, 2014 at 12:06 am

dracula is brilliant- i love the science/tesla angle and the illuminati/order of the dragon getting their just desserts thanks to villain turned hero dracula. this show, reign on the cw and a dance of dragons/ a game of thrones on hbo are the best shows on right now imho