Dracula

dracula03Network: NBC
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: October 25, 2013 – January 24, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Jessica De Gouw, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Katie McGrath, Nonso Anozie, Victoria Smurfit, Thomas Kretschmann, Matt Barber, and Michael Nardone.

current TV show

TV show description:
This horror/thriller series is a reimagining of the classic Dracula novel by Bram Stoker. It takes place in the late 19th century.

The mysterious Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) has arrived in London and is posing as an American entrepreneur who wants to bring modern science to Victorian society.

He’s especially interested in the new technology of electricity, which promises to brighten the night — a useful concept for someone who must avoid sunlight. He is aided by his loyal confidant, R.M. Renfield (Nonso Anozie).

Dracula has another reason for his travels however. He hopes to take revenge on those who cursed him with immortality centuries earlier.

Everything seems to be going according to plan until he becomes infatuated with Mina Murray (Jessica De Gouw), a woman who appears to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.
space

Series Finale

Episode #10 — “Let There Be Light”
At long last, American entrepreneur Alexander Grayson executed a public demonstration of his miraculous electromagnetic resonator device, which promises to provide free, wireless electricity to all of London.

The demonstration was postponed after a previous attempt only a fortnight ago reportedly poisoned the surrounding neighborhood, causing children and elderly residents to become ill. Mr. Grayson insists that the poisoning was the result of sabotage, most likely by his rivals at the United Imperial Lubricant Company, although Scotland Yard has yet to find any evidence to support the claims.

This weekend’s demonstration, the second such attempt for Mr. Grayson, was to be his magnum opus, the result of years – possibly even decades – of research and construction that would revolutionize the world as we know it and put his oil industry rivals out of business entirely. What began as a day of triumph and victory ended as one of the most tragic and destructive days in London’s recent history.

At approximately 6:22 in the evening, moments after Grayson fired up his resonator to shed miraculous, wireless light on the entire district, the machine suffered a catastrophic malfunction. Grayson and his engineering team went to great lengths to evacuate the area as quickly as possible, and indeed the brave men spared many lives by doing so.

However, only five minutes after the machine was activated, a mechanical malfunction led to the largest manmade explosion in British history, centered directly in the heart of downtown London. The damage was catastrophic. At least a dozen people were killed in the explosion, and, while the numbers are still being tallied, estimates predict the number of injured persons to be in the hundreds, possibly even into the thousands.

Miraculously (and despite being in the belly of the beast itself during the explosion), Mr. Grayson managed to escape relatively unscathed, save for a few bumps and bruises. He is currently exiled in Carfax Manor and refusing to speak to the press, other than to briefly announce that he suspects foul play and sabotage to be the cause of the malfunction.

As London continues to recover from the horrific tragedy, hundreds remain missing. Most notably, Mr. Browning, a prominent member of British high society, has not been seen since the day of the explosion, despite the fact that Mr. Browning was not on site when the accident occurred. Miss Lady Jayne Wetherby is also unaccounted for, and she was last scene hailing a carriage toward the demonstration, only moments before the explosion. Also missing is Mr. Grayson’s right-hand man, Mr. Renfield, who was last seen returning to Carfax Manor on the day of the demonstration.
First aired: January 24, 2014. (Courtesy NBC)

space
What do you think? Do you like the Dracula TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

lvogel November 14, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I think its very well done.

Carol Townsend November 12, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I love it – something good on TV finally on Friday night!!!

MARY CHRISTIAN November 11, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I really like Dracula!!! Jonathan Rhys Meyers is intense and wonderful in this roll.
Grimm and Dracula makes for great Friday night and home. Keep both show!!!

Margaret November 10, 2013 at 9:47 am

I really like the show. On Friday’s I look forward to Grimm and Dracula. I would say renew it.

Marlene Cooney November 9, 2013 at 3:34 pm

I love this new Dracula. It’s smart, stylish and sometimes pokes fun at all the other
Dracula’s before this. It is on late enough that children won’t be lured into the adult
world of syfy.

Kitty November 9, 2013 at 3:07 am

I love this show and agree with the oerson who said “…just don’t let your children watch it.” The viewing public shouldn’t be ruled by children!!! Jonathan is one sexy Dracula.

BKD November 9, 2013 at 2:29 am

I know it’s only starting but it already looks like a keeper, love the scenaries, love the cast, although I do believe Meena could have been a bit more exotic…

BKD November 9, 2013 at 2:30 am

further more, I think Lucy is way more beautiful

Jay Cutlip November 8, 2013 at 7:06 am

My wife and I love this show!!!! I have to give it to nbc. Hopefully nbc doesn’t drop the ball and cancel this great show like they did with 1600 Penn. Great period piece, costumes, and cast. I hear that parents are complaining of the series saying it is too gruesome and parents are complaining about the sexual situations within the series. Well to all parents I have a solution don’t let your kids stay up and watch it. There are ways to keep your children from watching things like this its called parental control. Keep doing what you are doing nbc. Parents this show isn’t intended for children!!!! Come on. Parent your kids don’t let your kids parent you.

Mary Haris November 25, 2013 at 7:42 pm

AMEN….Well said!!!

Mary Henshaw November 2, 2013 at 1:49 pm

It’s getting better and better every week. I love watching Jonathan bring Dracula to life.

Sharon November 2, 2013 at 3:02 am

Love, love, love it!!!
As with the Tudors an interesting twist on a period drama!
It definitely is up there with the cable gore and sex award winning series…..but it’s big advantage is Jonathan!
Please keep this quality show on your network which is currently dominating my DVR!

Linda Hayes November 2, 2013 at 10:38 am

I could not agree more~

Mary Haris November 25, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Ditto!!!

Donna October 28, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I wasn’t going to watch any more new shows but glad I recorded this when I found out that Jonathan Rhys Meyers (Dracula) was King Henry VIII in the Tudors. I love him and so damn sexy. I would watch it just for him.

Anita October 28, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I did enjoy the premier episode and agree Jonathan is spot-on as Dracula. I hate, hate, HATE the women’s costuming though. I really wish they would have left the women in accurate Victorian clothing and not modernized it because it feels like they can’t decide which century they are in. In one scene the ball gowns feel like something from this century, in another scene Mina looks like a woman from the 1940′s (coming out of college.) People really don’t need clothing “modernized” to be drawn into a television show…and altering them in this manner makes the show feel like it can’t commit.

linda hayes October 28, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I totally agree…I didn’t go see DiCaprios Great Gatsby because I was totally turned off by the music…
Please stick with the music and costuming of the era you are representing…imo
I am thrilled with the whole new Dracula concept and as always Mr Meyers acting…He is amazing….

Mary Henshaw October 28, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Jonathan Rhys Meyers is the only reason I watched and I wasn’t disappointed. He was wonderful as King Henry VIII and wonderful in this.

linda hayes October 28, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I agree 100%

Anonymous October 27, 2013 at 2:21 am

I liked…My Friday nights will be spent with Dracula!

Mary Henshaw October 26, 2013 at 4:37 am

I watched the premire last night and loved it. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is perfect for the part. I’m looking forward to next Friday night.

Linda Hayes October 26, 2013 at 11:25 am

It was as I expected..marvelous…Which can be so rare these days when tv shows or movies do nit live up to the hype..

Linda Hayes October 25, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Have been waiting for this night forever….Jonathan Rhys Meyers will be a most wondrous Dracula…..

Mary Haris November 25, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Agree, Agree!!!! You can’t go wrong with anything Jonathan plays in…He’s one sexy Dracula! My daughter and I can’t wait for Friday nights, and if we can’t watch, I have them all recorded on my dvr.