Dracula

dracula03Network: NBC
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: October 25, 2013 – January 24, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Jessica De Gouw, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Katie McGrath, Nonso Anozie, Victoria Smurfit, Thomas Kretschmann, Matt Barber, and Michael Nardone.

current TV show

TV show description:
This horror/thriller series is a reimagining of the classic Dracula novel by Bram Stoker. It takes place in the late 19th century.

The mysterious Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) has arrived in London and is posing as an American entrepreneur who wants to bring modern science to Victorian society.

He’s especially interested in the new technology of electricity, which promises to brighten the night — a useful concept for someone who must avoid sunlight. He is aided by his loyal confidant, R.M. Renfield (Nonso Anozie).

Dracula has another reason for his travels however. He hopes to take revenge on those who cursed him with immortality centuries earlier.

Everything seems to be going according to plan until he becomes infatuated with Mina Murray (Jessica De Gouw), a woman who appears to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.
space

Series Finale

Episode #10 — “Let There Be Light”
At long last, American entrepreneur Alexander Grayson executed a public demonstration of his miraculous electromagnetic resonator device, which promises to provide free, wireless electricity to all of London.

The demonstration was postponed after a previous attempt only a fortnight ago reportedly poisoned the surrounding neighborhood, causing children and elderly residents to become ill. Mr. Grayson insists that the poisoning was the result of sabotage, most likely by his rivals at the United Imperial Lubricant Company, although Scotland Yard has yet to find any evidence to support the claims.

This weekend’s demonstration, the second such attempt for Mr. Grayson, was to be his magnum opus, the result of years – possibly even decades – of research and construction that would revolutionize the world as we know it and put his oil industry rivals out of business entirely. What began as a day of triumph and victory ended as one of the most tragic and destructive days in London’s recent history.

At approximately 6:22 in the evening, moments after Grayson fired up his resonator to shed miraculous, wireless light on the entire district, the machine suffered a catastrophic malfunction. Grayson and his engineering team went to great lengths to evacuate the area as quickly as possible, and indeed the brave men spared many lives by doing so.

However, only five minutes after the machine was activated, a mechanical malfunction led to the largest manmade explosion in British history, centered directly in the heart of downtown London. The damage was catastrophic. At least a dozen people were killed in the explosion, and, while the numbers are still being tallied, estimates predict the number of injured persons to be in the hundreds, possibly even into the thousands.

Miraculously (and despite being in the belly of the beast itself during the explosion), Mr. Grayson managed to escape relatively unscathed, save for a few bumps and bruises. He is currently exiled in Carfax Manor and refusing to speak to the press, other than to briefly announce that he suspects foul play and sabotage to be the cause of the malfunction.

As London continues to recover from the horrific tragedy, hundreds remain missing. Most notably, Mr. Browning, a prominent member of British high society, has not been seen since the day of the explosion, despite the fact that Mr. Browning was not on site when the accident occurred. Miss Lady Jayne Wetherby is also unaccounted for, and she was last scene hailing a carriage toward the demonstration, only moments before the explosion. Also missing is Mr. Grayson’s right-hand man, Mr. Renfield, who was last seen returning to Carfax Manor on the day of the demonstration.
First aired: January 24, 2014. (Courtesy NBC)

space
What do you think? Do you like the Dracula TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Anonymous December 7, 2013 at 4:28 pm

I can hardly wait till January 3, 2014!

Guess who December 7, 2013 at 4:24 pm

I am intrigued, scared, and curious! My family and I make sure we are ready and waiting on Friday Nights when it airs. This is such an escape from reality tv and all the other mess that is on. What a scary delight! Please continue to give us more. Hooked and loving it!

Lisa Johnson December 7, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I love this show, I am not much of a tv watcher but I love Grimm and since Dracula was after it, I decided to watch it, now I am completely hooked on it. I would be very disappointed if NBC cancelled this show. It has so much depth, love the script, love the actors and the theme. Only thing disappointed is that it is not a long series like Grimm, it has 22 to 24 episodes, with only 10 episodes that leaves to long of a break between seasons. NBC needs to step up and give them next year the same 22 to 24 episodes with maybe adding a few more to this season. But since that it is probably already wrapped up it would be great if next year they could add more episodes to it. It only enhances more fan base and keeps the original fan base wanting more… Hope you keep the show!! From a loyal Fan…

Anonymous December 7, 2013 at 2:11 am

NBC do not cancel dracula! Renew it and perhaps move it to a different day for better ratings! If gyspy sisters on tlc gets renewed so should dracula!

Evelyn December 6, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I love this series. It is well written and produced. The authenticity of the costumes and sets makes it seem as if an impressionist painting has come to life in every scene. I really look forward to Friday evenings at home watching Dracula.

Anita December 7, 2013 at 1:44 am

I’m sorry, did you actually say the authenticity of the costumes makes it seem….???? Please don’t take me wrong. I actually do like the show itself, especially Meyers as Dracuala (I think he has him spot on). One of the main things that does drive me crazy about this show is the absolute lack of authenticity of the costuming. The woman’s dresses (the majority of the time) are absolutely inaccurate to the era they are to be portraying. The background players dresses are usually pretty close, but the main characters are seriously taking artistic license. Mina and the female hunter’s costumes in particular are far off base for the time-frame this is supposed to be in. It doesn’t keep me from watching of course….but if you think they are authentic in representation, do some further research on what they truly would have worn during that time period. It’s honestly something I wish they would have stayed true to (for my own particular taste I suppose.) The costuming did not require updating as they’ve done to draw in an audience.

P.S. Please know…I don’t mean to be admonishing you, or anything like that. Historical authenticity is just a bit of a pet peeve of mine that I’ve noticed the networks seem to disregard because they feel updating eras draws in younger audiences (as if they were stupid.)

Michele December 6, 2013 at 3:06 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL DRACULA…I have finally found a show on Friday that i absolutely LOVE. Not only is it a great show but it has a fantastic cast , an awesome storyline. Just one of my favorite all time shows. I have always been a huge fan of jonathan Rhys Meyers, but his portraile as Alexander Grayson is phenomenal. He brings a since of sexiness, danger and the forbidden but you can also relate to him and really whoo wouldn’t want to be bitten by him. If you do cancel this show, I am sorry to say but I will not be watching anything else on your network .

Dustie McIntire December 5, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Love it, the people spoke.

Cynthia Smirh December 6, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Please, don’t cancel this show!! Can’t wait till tonight as it’s back on!! NBC please let the loyal fans speak and have a say about this!! You must remember it’s the holidays and people are our on fridays !! Please renew this!! Please don’t let the fans if this show not have a say , why not wait till the holidays are over I’m sure more will tune in! Feeling let down by you NBC for not giving it a chance!!
Loyal fan of a wonderful show’ Dracula’ please renew it!! My husband has even got caught up in it as it has a new spin as Renfield isn’t crazy nor eats bugs but a true and loyal friend!! Please don’t cancel this show!!

Dianna Burke December 4, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Please renew this great series!!! I have a get together with some of my friends just to watch DRACULA!!!!!!

Anita December 4, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I hope they do renew this series, or at the very least give it a chance to build an audience. Too often these days networks are too quick to pull the plug on shows and not really find out if there is a loyal audience or give the show a chance to build an audience. Lets face it, viewers have become fickle because we are aware of this network practice these days too. Ratings can go up and down due to a variety of reasons and so many people are forced to record shows and watch them later due to hectic schedules. Some Friday’s I am able to watch the show when it airs, others I’m forced to watch a recording…but I still watch. Have I liked everything about this show? Honestly no, but I still enjoy it enough to watch faithfully…one way or another. I do feel a few story-lines could be made stronger…but that’s just my take on it. Networks will never make EVERYONE happy. I think it definitely deserves a second season to build more.

Cynthia Smith December 4, 2013 at 1:18 am

Why in the world would you even think on canceling the best show on a non cable network? I wait for Friday nights to watch his love grow for the love of his life and loyalty to friends! Please NBC don’t make the mistake of canceling this show!! It’s well written and for adults!! I’m 28 and adore it!! Please don’t cancel!!

Robert Konopa December 4, 2013 at 1:14 am

My wife and I truly enjoy watching Dracula! At first I was a bit hesitant but this one had a better story line and his loyalty to his friends was touching! It’s the one show we can watch together so please keep something so well written that a man can sit through it!! Why would you even think about cancelation ? I truly hope u don’t make that mistake

Cynthia Smith December 4, 2013 at 1:05 am

Please NBC don’t cancel ‘Dracula’ finally something great to watch on a Friday night and your plans are to cancel it?? Have you lost your mind? I love everything about this Dracula, his connection to His curse, it’s not a glitter vampire for teens!! But a lovely love story and his devotion and loyalty to his friends! But yet you leave us hanging every week afraid this may be the last! Perhaps you need to fire your writers if you don’t believe they pull in enough viewers!! As it stands now we LOVE IT!! If indeed you go through with the cancel of one of your better shows then I won’t watch anything else on NBC!!! Truly the only thing I watch now is ‘The Voice’ but I must say it’s getting a bit boring! I’ll leave it at that!

Jerome Jostes December 3, 2013 at 1:30 am

This Dracula Series is truly awesome, please don’t cancel it. It’s starting to pick up and I think this was what was needed. I really like how they go back in time. Thi is the best Dracula I’ve ever watched in 40 years. Please keep it going!!

jake December 2, 2013 at 5:05 pm

this is a great show!!! Very well done, RENEW IT!!!!

arta December 1, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Love this lavish vampire series. Please, please don’t cancel!!!! Best vampire on the air!!!