Drop Dead Diva: Cancelled Show’s Creator Still Hopeful About Season Five

drop dead diva Though Lifetime has cancelled Drop Dead Diva after four seasons, show creator Josh Berman is still hopeful that there will be a fifth season.

In a recent interview, Berman said that he was “completely shocked and blindsided” by the cancellation and notes that “a lot of channels have expressed interest.”

He also says that Drop Dead Diva’s studio, Sony, is being “smart and aggressive. They will find a home. It could go back on Lifetime. They’ve given me nothing but positive feedback. I like the people over there. It’s got a good audience on Lifetime. Nothing’s being ruled out.”

Berman shared that he’s continuing to write scripts for a fifth season and keeps tabs on potential guest stars. The sets and wardrobe also continue to be stored in Peachtree City in Georgia where the show was filmed.

While he is thinking positively about the show’s chances for survival, Berman notes, “We need to resolve this real quickly.”

What do you think? Do you think Drop Dead Diva will be back for a fifth season? On Lifetime or another channel?

Kristy February 6, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Drop Dead Diva is an awesome show. I was shocked they cancelled it.

MzSpeed February 6, 2013 at 7:22 pm

I’ll go wherever Drop Dead Diva goes but if it goes back on Lifetime, I’ll still be majorly upset with the network for creating all this drama in the first place. Like, why would you cancel a show, get it’s fans all up in air about it only to bring it back for a 5th season??? Not only that but I can’t trust them now so who’s to say that they wouldn’t just agree to do a fifth season just to get us off their back and then that would be it…? There is much more potential for DDD than just a fifth and final season so I’d rather see a new network adopt it and give it a real chance! The kind of chance that Lifetime wouldn’t give DDD. Either way, I’ll be thrilled when our beloved show is back on but Lifetime better do some major making up to the Diva Fans for being so rude to us these past few weeks. Be sure to join the Diva Army and fight to RenewDropDeadDiva!!! Find it all at:

pat neal February 6, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Please bring it back. So many unanswered questions and the end left us hanging on for more. Show is great and needs a better way to end

Ken February 6, 2013 at 8:54 am

/ Learning that this show has been cancelled really put me in a sour mood! This show quickly became my fave right after I supported “Charmed” for 8 season. I do hooe we get at least one more season. I don’t care if it’s in an online platform like Netflix or Youtube, but Jane deserves a happy ending! I want to cry right now! :(

Linda February 6, 2013 at 3:49 am

I have been watching Drop Dead Diva from the beginning so to learn it was cancelled was upsetting. My hope is we’ll at least get a fifth season to wrap up loose ends and give us a series finale. Of course for it to get picked up and continue would be even better but right now I’ll take what I can get.

Susan Teller February 5, 2013 at 8:29 pm

I love this show!!!!!!!!! All – well mostly all – of the women on this show are great examples for girls growing up. PLEASE do what you can to keep this show on the air.

Sally February 5, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Diva needs to live on, love the show…I hope a network picks it up

Chrissie February 5, 2013 at 11:14 am

Are you kidding me? My husband was even a big fan. The clever stories and fresh corkiness of the characters was great. We were fans of Ally McBeal and saw this as the perfect alternative. Why are all the smart shows being cancelled. Good entertainment is good entertainment and now will be even harder to come by if this show is cancelled.

Ps. I think a more accesable network could be the answer. Men need to see this too and not to mention, the young girls and women that are without real role models. You can have it all without being a size zero.

Sullivan February 5, 2013 at 9:57 am

I really hope so! This is such an entertaining and meaningful show. I don’t think Lifetime deserves it. It should go to another channel and live for a few more years, like 8 to 10 seasons.

Chris February 11, 2013 at 12:04 am

I couldn’t agree more Sullivan! I was hooked from the first episode. I also disrespected Lifetime for killing Army Wives the way they did also.

Leslie Jensen February 5, 2013 at 8:50 am

I agree, it wasn’t my fave season, but I love the ending! It really set up next season to be a winner! I hope they find a home for it!

Jan J. February 5, 2013 at 2:21 am

I was surprised they cancelled it too. Agree that the fourth wasn’t the best season but much potential still. Hope it comes back.

nancy morse February 5, 2013 at 12:50 am

Try TBS for a station; don’t drop the show–it’s fabulous!!!!!!

Elvis February 4, 2013 at 11:25 pm

best show ever. we need a season 5 and beyond..

Cheryl February 5, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I totally agree and I am so upset by this. Lifetime is full of crap reality shows.

shari February 4, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Omg why would they cancel it i love this show boo lifetime

Cheryl February 5, 2013 at 3:31 pm

We need to start a petition today

Danielle February 5, 2013 at 3:43 pm
MzSpeed February 6, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Danielle!!! You are so awesome!!! Thank you for helping me spread the word!! It’s been a tough couple of weeks for me so I sincerely appreciate all your efforts!! :) You’re just who I needed, someone who is as addicted to saving the show as they are watching the show lol :)

Su February 9, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Cheryl, scroll down to Danielle’s entry for info

murrah February 4, 2013 at 8:37 pm

The 4th season was not the strongest, but I will definitely watch it again if it lands somewhere!