Drop Dead Diva: Cancelled Show’s Creator Still Hopeful About Season Five

drop dead diva Though Lifetime has cancelled Drop Dead Diva after four seasons, show creator Josh Berman is still hopeful that there will be a fifth season.

In a recent interview, Berman said that he was “completely shocked and blindsided” by the cancellation and notes that “a lot of channels have expressed interest.”

He also says that Drop Dead Diva’s studio, Sony, is being “smart and aggressive. They will find a home. It could go back on Lifetime. They’ve given me nothing but positive feedback. I like the people over there. It’s got a good audience on Lifetime. Nothing’s being ruled out.”

Berman shared that he’s continuing to write scripts for a fifth season and keeps tabs on potential guest stars. The sets and wardrobe also continue to be stored in Peachtree City in Georgia where the show was filmed.

While he is thinking positively about the show’s chances for survival, Berman notes, “We need to resolve this real quickly.”

What do you think? Do you think Drop Dead Diva will be back for a fifth season? On Lifetime or another channel?

Canceled and renewed TV show

50 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Deb says

Please bring the show back! It is light and unique while not backing away from serious topics. I would also love to see the developments from the finale evolve. My inner toddler is stomping her foot and throwing a tantrum about this!

2. Su says

Drop Dead Diva is BY FAR the best show Lifetime had to offer. To cancel it with a cliffhanger AND leaving its fans hanging as well is BAD FORM. This show is a HIT, why would anyone want to rid themselves from a HIT like it is beyond reasoning. Bring back our DIVA and the entire cast. Never missed an episode and we deserve more Drop Dead Diva!!!!!!!!

• Lorelie says

I agree!!!! Never missed an episode, probably canceling cause there wasn’t enough car chases and gun fire… why when networks have great shows with a different type of premise can’t we just keep them around!!!! Really gonna miss it!

3. Martesa says

Bring this back!! I’ve been waiting to see when this was coming back on, only to find out it’s CANCELLED!!! This show has had its ups and downs, but in general, it’s got a good heart and I really like it. Please bring this back!

4. Lynn says

Sorry for being stupid but…………….IT WAS CANCELLED???!!!!!!! I’ve been waiting for it to come back on!!!!! One of my absolute favorite shows! Even my husband was watching it. It needs to find a home….I don’t care what channel! I miss my Divas. :(

5. Denease Winborn says

I don’t care which channel it comes back on just bring it back. We loose to many really good shows and this is one of them.

6. Chantal says

I love drop dead diva! I hope it finds a new home, I was so eager for it to start again! Plus it can’t end the way it did!!!!!!!!

7. Kim says

I’m very upset that Lifetime has cancelled Drop Dead Diva! I’ve been a fan since the very first episode and I’ve watched every single show! If Lifetime fails to see what potential DDD has then hopefully a new network like TBS will pick it up like they did for Cougar Town.

8. Stephanie says

This show was so clever and smart! This show was the first law show that I didn’t want to turn off! I learned a lot and I was also very entertained. I was so sad to hear it was cancelled. I want it to come back so badly. If it comes back I am getting all of my friends to watch it with me. Please bring this show back!

9. Elisabeth says

It SHOULD come back or some other smarter, more appreciative network should PICK IT UP! This show is too clever, too funny and to loved to just let drift off. Most of us have poured four years into this show and we deserve to know how the story ends!! This show is Ty’s treasure!! Lets all do our part to help keep it around!