Drop Dead Diva: Cancelled Show’s Creator Still Hopeful About Season Five

drop dead diva Though Lifetime has cancelled Drop Dead Diva after four seasons, show creator Josh Berman is still hopeful that there will be a fifth season.

In a recent interview, Berman said that he was “completely shocked and blindsided” by the cancellation and notes that “a lot of channels have expressed interest.”

He also says that Drop Dead Diva’s studio, Sony, is being “smart and aggressive. They will find a home. It could go back on Lifetime. They’ve given me nothing but positive feedback. I like the people over there. It’s got a good audience on Lifetime. Nothing’s being ruled out.”

Berman shared that he’s continuing to write scripts for a fifth season and keeps tabs on potential guest stars. The sets and wardrobe also continue to be stored in Peachtree City in Georgia where the show was filmed.

While he is thinking positively about the show’s chances for survival, Berman notes, “We need to resolve this real quickly.”

What do you think? Do you think Drop Dead Diva will be back for a fifth season? On Lifetime or another channel?

Deb February 10, 2013 at 10:59 am

Please bring the show back! It is light and unique while not backing away from serious topics. I would also love to see the developments from the finale evolve. My inner toddler is stomping her foot and throwing a tantrum about this!

Su February 8, 2013 at 12:51 pm
Su February 8, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Drop Dead Diva is BY FAR the best show Lifetime had to offer. To cancel it with a cliffhanger AND leaving its fans hanging as well is BAD FORM. This show is a HIT, why would anyone want to rid themselves from a HIT like it is beyond reasoning. Bring back our DIVA and the entire cast. Never missed an episode and we deserve more Drop Dead Diva!!!!!!!!

Lorelie February 10, 2013 at 11:14 am

I agree!!!! Never missed an episode, probably canceling cause there wasn’t enough car chases and gun fire… why when networks have great shows with a different type of premise can’t we just keep them around!!!! Really gonna miss it!

Martesa February 8, 2013 at 2:11 am

Bring this back!! I’ve been waiting to see when this was coming back on, only to find out it’s CANCELLED!!! This show has had its ups and downs, but in general, it’s got a good heart and I really like it. Please bring this back!

Lynn February 7, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Sorry for being stupid but…………….IT WAS CANCELLED???!!!!!!! I’ve been waiting for it to come back on!!!!! One of my absolute favorite shows! Even my husband was watching it. It needs to find a home….I don’t care what channel! I miss my Divas. :(

Denease Winborn February 7, 2013 at 3:31 pm

I don’t care which channel it comes back on just bring it back. We loose to many really good shows and this is one of them.

Chantal February 7, 2013 at 7:07 am

I love drop dead diva! I hope it finds a new home, I was so eager for it to start again! Plus it can’t end the way it did!!!!!!!!

Anonymous February 7, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I don’ care which channel picks it up, I just want to see it back on TV.

jess February 7, 2013 at 7:00 am

I hope it gets picked up by another network soon, i feel like I’m going crazy waiting for (good) news.

Daphnée February 7, 2013 at 2:56 am

Drop Dead Diva has to come back !!!!

Kim February 7, 2013 at 2:31 am

I’m very upset that Lifetime has cancelled Drop Dead Diva! I’ve been a fan since the very first episode and I’ve watched every single show! If Lifetime fails to see what potential DDD has then hopefully a new network like TBS will pick it up like they did for Cougar Town.

katy February 7, 2013 at 1:00 am

We miss our drop dead diva…… hope the show to be back very soo !

Stephanie February 6, 2013 at 10:41 pm

This show was so clever and smart! This show was the first law show that I didn’t want to turn off! I learned a lot and I was also very entertained. I was so sad to hear it was cancelled. I want it to come back so badly. If it comes back I am getting all of my friends to watch it with me. Please bring this show back!

Elisabeth February 6, 2013 at 9:15 pm

It SHOULD come back or some other smarter, more appreciative network should PICK IT UP! This show is too clever, too funny and to loved to just let drift off. Most of us have poured four years into this show and we deserve to know how the story ends!! This show is Ty’s treasure!! Lets all do our part to help keep it around!

Brittany February 6, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Yes!!!! Please more Drop Dead Diva!!! The last season finale was BRILLIANT!!

angieh21 February 6, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Love this show!! It needs to be brought back