Drop Dead Diva: Lifetime Series Ending Again

THR reports that Drop Dead Diva will end after the upcoming sixth season. The final 13 episodes will start airing on Sunday, March 23rd. Guests will include Rick Springfield, S. Epatha Merkerson, John Ratzenberger, Corbin Bleu, Colin Egglesfield, Virginia Williams and Jay DeMarcus.

Starring Brooke Elliott, Drop Dead Diva revolves around a self-centered model who dies and then returns to life as an attorney. Others in the cast include Margaret Cho, April Bowlby, Kate Levering, Jackson Hurst, Lex Medlin, and Justin Deeley.

Produced by Sony Pictures Television, the show was canceled when Lifetime and the studio couldn’t come to a deal for season five. A few months later, the series was resurrected with a more cost-effective agreement.

It was later renewed for a sixth season but ratings have been on the decline. The fourth season averaged 2.3 million viewers but season five fell to under two million.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Drop Dead Diva is ending again? Would you like to see it continue or is it time for the show to finish for good?

71 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Nancy says

I enjoyed the show very much but I think it was time to either drop it or change the format. It was getting very complicated. I enjoyed the court cases with Jane solving with Stays help once inawhile.

2. Cathy says

This is the show I always look forward to watching. I hope they change their mind and continue for another season. Sunday nights just won’t be same. They always cancel the good shows in favor of dirtier series.

3. Natalie Wolf says

They need to continue the series. It is one of the best series on TV right now and would be a crime to end it now.

4. Jaydubs says

NO!!!!!!! why???? I love this show! I don’t even watch much tv but I DVR this show every week! Even my husband watches it with me! Every time I get into a show, it gets cancelled. Ugh….

5. danie says

i cat belive they are doing it again I love this show I just never can catch it so I watch it on demand maybe ill tone in this sunday

6. Anna says

I really enjoy Drop Dead Diva. Its always funny, heart warming,and interesting. The networks always cancel the good shows, no surprise there.

7. sheila says

Please dont cancel ! Wonderful cast and court cases.
    It is insane to take off a great show like this.

8. sheila says

Wasnt happy w the grayson character copying debra. But I love thr show. Love the cast and court cases. Hope we dont lose it. Sick of good shows being canceled and more and more reality taken over. Beyond sick of reality shows!!!

9. jean says

I luv the show.. hate to see it end.. and I am very disappointed how they did with Grayson character ,what is it about people cant have a good series ending ,