Drop Dead Diva: Un-Cancelled by Lifetime, Picked up for Season Five

Drop Dead Diva season fiveIt looks like the fans have won. Lifetime and Sony have worked out a deal for season five of Drop Dead Diva. The cable series was cancelled less than two months ago.

Following the cancellation, series creator Josh Berman said that he was remaining hopeful that a new home could be found for the series. He was keeping busy writing scripts and thinking about future guest stars.

According to Deadline, Lifetime had said that they were open to reconsidering their decision to cancel the show if Sony TV could come up with a new financial model. Apparently a deal was worked out that could work for both sides.

There’s no word yet on how many episodes of Drop Dead Diva have been ordered, when they’ll go into production or air.

This is the fourth time that Sony TV has been successful in reviving cancelled TV shows — Unforgettable on CBS, Breaking In on FOX and Damages, which moved from FX to DirecTV.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Drop Dead Diva has been saved? Do you think this will or should be the final season?

Su April 4, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Very happy to see that the show is coming back !!! Always looked forward to seeing it !!! Yay!!!! Sony !!!! Great decision :). !!! ❤

ashlee April 3, 2013 at 3:06 am

I am so happy they decided to make another season. I absolutely love this show. I couldn’t believe they were going to cancel it after the last season finale. I’m so excited to see what happens next. This is one of my favorite shows.

Suzanne April 1, 2013 at 10:09 pm

SOOOOOOO happy Drop Dead Diva will be back! Love that show!

A Ward April 1, 2013 at 7:13 pm

OMG!!! So so THRILLED to know this will be back!!! Only wish I’d found this update before I removed from my DVR list! When can we expect it?

GE March 31, 2013 at 11:50 am

I am SO happy that I stumbled on tvseriesfinale.com. Without it I would have never known Drop Dead Diva is coming back. It’s such a good show! I could not believe it was cancelled in the first place. Hopefully we’ll get more than just one more season. Thank you Lifetime and Sony for working together on this.

Jacqualine Astudillo March 30, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Great news…Drop Dead Diva is thoroughly enjoyable. Whatever network carries it
has my full attention and loyalty!

Logan March 29, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I love the first 2 seasons, but then something happened I lost interest, so I just DVR it and watched it if nothing else was on. I think it should be cancelled. Please let the DIVA DIE!

Anonymous March 26, 2013 at 4:41 am

I am so happy drop dead diva will be back! I think there should at least be two more season.

Rex March 24, 2013 at 8:10 pm

So glad it’s UN-cancelled! Did not like it was last shown with such a cliffhanger, the scene with actual Jane’s spirit coming down and showing up in Owens (dead) body. When will Grayson figure out Jane is his Deb! So excited to see how the story pans out, yay.

terry March 21, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Love the show. So glad we’ll have another season of watching these great and humorous actors

Jeangatlin March 19, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Would love to see television in general get rid of some of the reality shows and bring more family dramas with morals and values most of the shows now are really lacking in catching my interest love drop dead diva, necessary roughness and suits!

Jeangatlin March 19, 2013 at 8:50 pm

LOVE DROP DEAD DIVA!!! Best show ever but please no Kim kardashian she adds nothing to the show. Looking forward to new season

tricia March 19, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Yeah. This shows that TV execs CAN make good decisions eventually. Love Drop Dead Diva!

A Ward April 1, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I AGREE!!!

Love Diva March 12, 2013 at 10:35 am

Yay for Sony. So happy it will be returning. I hope there’s no more of Kim Kardashian though. She added nothing to the show.

mel March 12, 2013 at 12:07 am

so glad they are bringing this show back. i love it