Drop Dead Diva

Drop Dead Diva TV showNetwork: Lifetime
Episodes: 78 (hour)
Seasons: Six

TV show dates: July 12, 2009 — JUne 22, 2014
Series status: Ended

Performers include: Brooke Elliott, Margaret Cho, Amir Zeev Kovacs, Jackson Hurst, Kate Levering, April Bowlby, Stacy Barrett, Josh Stamberg, Ben Feldman, and Brooke D’Orsay.

drop dead diva past TV show

TV show description:
As the series begins, a vapid blonde aspiring model named Deb Dobson (Brooke D’Orsay) is killed in a car crash. As her soul enters the gates of Heaven, she finds herself declared a self-centered “zero” by the gatekeeper, Fred (Ben Feldman). Not liking what she’s heard, she presses return, hoping to get back to Earth. Deb gets her wish but doesn’t end up in her own body. Instead, she finds herself deposited inside recently-deceased Jane Bingum (Brooke Elliott). Jane’s a highly-intelligent, plus-size attorney who was accidentally shot. Superficial Deb is initially horrified by her new form but in time begins to discover the meaning of inner beauty.

Though she has Jane’s form and legal knowledge, Deb doesn’t have Jane’s memories, making for some very uncomfortable situations. Things are made even tougher by the fact that Deb’s boyfriend, Grayson Kent (Jackson Hurst), works at the same law firm. She’d love to pick up their relationship but he’s still grieving for her former self. Hot-shot lawyer Kim Kasswell (Kate Levering) has always looked down on Jane because of her appearance and wants to start a relationship with Grayson now that Deb is “gone.”

Teri Lee (Margaret Cho) is Jane’s office assistant who tries to help her boss overcome her confusion. After sending Deb back to Earth, Fred is demoted to be her guardian angel and works in the firm’s mailroom to keep an eye on her. He ends up falling for aspiring actress/model Stacy Barnett (April Bowlby), Deb’s best friend and the only person to know the truth about Jane.

Series Finale:
Episode #78 — It Had to Be You
While Owen and Kim attempt to talk some sense into Jane about her relationship with Ian, Stacy is caught in the middle. Meanwhile, Teri has her own grievances with Ian when she realizes he is her former classmate responsible for ruining her chances at stardom. Owen and Jane find themselves on opposite ends of a case while Kim represents her former temp when he’s fired from his temp agency.
First aired: JUne 22, 2014.

What do you think? Do you still like the Drop Dead Diva TV series? Do you think that it should end?

Canceled and renewed TV show

118 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Nikki says

I can’t believe the show is cancelled! The last season ended with a huge cliff hanger! I’ve been looking forward to June all winter, and now I’m disappointed the show won’t be resolved.

2. says

is is soo sad that this show has been taken off the air it always helped people to feel good about their selfs i looked foward to it every year their is so much bad t.v. what is wrong about a hard working woman who is smart and pretty and does not fit the mold of the american beauty bo bo put it back on

3. LISA says

I am so sorry I meant that they shouldn’t have cancelled the show not that should have. Thank you once again I loved that show.

4. LISA says

That is so sad no I don’t think they should have cancelled Drop Dead Diva my sister and I loved that show. And we were looking forward to it coming back. So sad!!

5. Jan Labrick says

I really looked forward to this show. I hope fans can bring about a revival. Power to the pretty, plump pulchritudinous protagonist!

6. Anonymous says

VERY DISAPPOINTED IT WAS CANCELLED, JUST FOUND OUT. Been waiting for it to come back on. Did some research and found out it was cancelled. IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BRING IT BACK PLEASE!!!!!

7. Jamie says

I don’t understand why this was cancelled? So many people I know watch this show and we discuss it because of how great it is. It is full of wit, empowerment, comedy, and romance as well as a bit of suspense! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!

8. Elizabeth says

I can’t believe that they are canceling the show when was I hoping that there was going to be closure between Grayson and Jane. They should do at least a movie or something to end this series. I know that they might not be enough for 2 or 3 seasons more, but at least a last one.

9. Debby says

My mom and I both LOVE LOVE LOVE this show if they Have to end it can they not give it a DECENT ending for the Wonderful show that it was????

10. Susan says

I wait all year for this show to debut again. Unlike many, this show just keeps getting better… every character grows, and we grow HAPPILY with them! By now, I love every character, except the new guardian angel mr tough love.