Duets: Cancelled; No Season Two

Duets canceledAmerican Idol and The Voice will return next season but Duets will not. It’s been cancelled by ABC and won’t be back for a second season.

With Robin Thicke, Jennifer Nettles, Kelly Clarkson, and John Legend as judges, Duets ran last summer to poor ratings. The season averaged a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demo and 4.93 million total viewers.

ABC didn’t include the series on their upcoming summer or fall schedules and have removed Duets from their website. What’s more, host Quddus told fans that there wouldn’t be a second season all the way back in September.

On his Facebook page, he wrote “A lot of folks are asking about whether Duets is continuing into a 2nd season: the answer is unfortunately it’s not.”

What do you think? Did you like Duets? Are you sorry that the series has been cancelled? Was it better than the other competitions?

Linda W August 22, 2013 at 10:05 pm

I loved loved duets. Am soooo sad it isnt returning.

joanne August 19, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I loved Duets. It was my favorite show. I don’t think the show got enough publicity or maybe it was airing when anothe popular show was on. It was much better than X factor. Hop another network picks it up. The singing was like going to a concert. I am a fan of kelley Clarkson and Jennifer Nettles. Robin Thicke and John Legend also have great voices and were very entertaining.

valerie blackburn August 16, 2013 at 4:08 pm

I loved Duets. I didn’t miss one week of it. I thought it was great and was dissappointed there wasn’t a second season of it. I wish they would try it again.

D. Guthrie August 8, 2013 at 11:58 am

Please put Duets back on TV. The show was Great!!!!!!! Kelley Clarkson and
Jennifer Nettles were wonderful on the show. They really made the show very entertaining. Go to another network if ABC won’t air it.

Bernadette July 27, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Please do not cancel the show it’s better than watching the stupid American Idol I’ll take Duets before Idol Please!!!!!!!!! :)

John July 2, 2013 at 11:52 pm

I saw the First show…I already knew then… this show’s not gonna last…sorry guys…. 8)

Linda Lyons June 19, 2013 at 9:32 am

PLEASE rethink your decision on the renewal of Duets! My husband and I absolutely love the show!! We have been waiting for news of when it would start again, and we are very disappointed that it’s been cancelled.

Mary S June 19, 2013 at 9:45 pm

I hate to hear the show was cancelled. I thought it was refreshing. Please rethink the show.

Bonnie MacKenzie June 10, 2013 at 1:21 pm

I absolutely loved Duets!!!!! Please re-think this cancellation, I know tons of people here in Canada that love it.!!!!!!!

gena cole July 23, 2013 at 7:06 pm

It was a great show it just needed a few new ideas, twists and turns. I have a lot of things that would make the show successful-give me a call and lets bring it back. I am a singer and was going to audition for the show last year, but my youngest brother passed away and turned my world inside out.

Gwen Johnson June 5, 2013 at 6:04 pm

I am saddened to hear that Duets was cancelled. I have been waiting patiently for news about when it was going to be on. I watched it faithfully last season and couldn’t wait for this season to start. Please ABC reconsider. Duets was a very good show.

50 demgrahic June 4, 2013 at 6:55 pm

This show started slow but really caught on, that is the problems with some networks they don’t give a show a chance to develop a following.

John Rokas June 4, 2013 at 12:26 am

Many THANKS to the Viewers who watch Singing Competitons
who decided not to view those Great Vocal Battles last year and to the ABC Honchos who canceled a Sophomore year of Great vocal talent that was waiting to be discovered due to LOW Ratings. Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Nettles vocal performances were stellar. They put Robin Thicke and John Legend to shame on many occasions-not to say their vocals weren’t any Good, they were. It would be Wishful Thinking to think that ABC would EVER bring the show back. I will FOREVER miss this show.

glenda williamson May 24, 2013 at 6:23 pm

abc sure cancels a lot great shows

Arnie Burnett May 21, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Absolutely the best musical search on television. The talent was fanominal. Sorry to see it go. Numbers of times better than Americas Got Talent and better than American Idol.

Georgia May 19, 2013 at 4:19 pm

We loved Duets are our house. Sorry that it’s been cancelled. The concept was refreshing and fun to watch.

Tha Critic May 19, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Not that I wanted to watch it nor did I, but I forgot this show even existed.