Duets

Duets - Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles and Robin ThickeNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Nine (60-120 minutes)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: May 24, 2012 — July 19, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jennifer Nettles, John Legend, Kelly Clarkson, Robin Thicke (judges), and Quddus (host).

current TV show

TV show description:
This singing competition pairs established superstars with aspiring singers to perform together and compete against other duets.

The judges each travel across the country to find undiscovered talent. Their goal is to find two singers each who will become their duet partners on the show. Each week, the established artist and one of their partners will take to the stage and perform in front of America and a live studio audience.

A contestant will be eliminated each week. The winning amateur will receive a recording contract with Hollywood Records.
space

Series Finale

Episode 9
Special performances during this episode include Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Nettles singing “Would I Lie To You?”, John Legend and Bridget Carrington singing “Gimme Shelter”, Robin Thicke and Olivia Chisholm singing “Fever”, and J Rome Wayne singing “Signed, Sealed & Delivered.”

Jason Farol finished third and John Glosson finished in second place. J Rome Wayne from Laurel, Maryland won the season long competition.
First aired: July 19, 2012.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Duets TV series? Are you sorry that it was cancelled and won’t be back for season two?

sarah hamilton May 20, 2013 at 2:04 am

I loved the show because it was different. For one the stars picked their own people to sing with and was actually involved in the singing. To me it was more real then the other singing shows because of the star singers interaction with the singers they picked. Please put it back on so we can have something enjoyable to watch.

Wanda Graham May 19, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I loved the show and will really be upset if it does not return in 2013, but without Robin Thick.

Maryb May 17, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Why is it that the network gets a good show and they canceled it. Please bring the duets back my granddaughter who is 8 always watches it with me she loves it too. Thank you

Dawn May 15, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I absolutetly loved this show!! I could hear Jennifer Nettles, Kelly Clarkson and John Legend sing anything!!!!! Those 3 are my favorite. As for Robin Thicke – not so much.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING “DUETS” BACK!!!!!!!

Chuck April 12, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I was brought up in a family which embraced music, and I appreciate most all genre. This is a great quality show for people who appreciate and understand music. If this show continues and gets more attention, I believe it can really become a long lasting quality show.

Felicia Thomas March 25, 2013 at 3:30 am

I love DUETS and was going to audition for it. I really want to sing with Kelly Clarkson so please bring it back!!!!!!

Mercy L. White March 13, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Is there an update on the Duets? We have been waiting for it to come back. It is good to hear real talents sing.

David February 25, 2013 at 10:56 am

I love the show keep it on thank you,

JONI November 21, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I LOVE this show! I enjoyed watching every episode and listening to all of the pros, especially Jennifer Nettles — she is a fantastic singer. I hope it comes back next year, I would be very disappointed if it didn’t.

Tony July 3, 2012 at 3:30 am

Enjoy the show and hope they bring it back next year. My favorite part is at the beginning when 2 or 4 of the pros will do a song together.

Mary Ann June 30, 2012 at 10:21 am

I like this show until Robin Thicke starts singing, than I hit the mute button. He is TERRIBLE and I feel sorry for his contestants. Hopefully if they bring this back next season they find a replacement for him. Love all the other stars!

tmac June 13, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I thought we finally had a real singing competition -until tonight! Apparently strutting like a low price stripper trumps a great voice ,or is that only if your Robin’s last competitor. They have lost at least one fan who prefers talent over politics.

marc June 11, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I think that this show is realy good it diffrent and refreshing to see actual stars singing with the contestants. i think this show is cooler than american idol.

Arjay May 31, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I wouldnt be surprised if its cancelled before the show actually ends. If not, then no season 2 for sure

Arjay May 31, 2012 at 6:40 pm

This show is horrible!! American Idol rejects anyone!!!