Eastwick: Series Creator Not Angry over ABC Show Cancellation

EastwickA couple days ago, Eastwick series creator and executive producer Maggie Friedman said that she was “furious” over ABC’s cancellation of the series. She’s apparently had some time to think about her choice of words and regrets the statement.

Friedman wrote, “The other day, when we were discussing the cancellation of Eastwick, I misspoke in the worst possible way. The word ‘furious’ was poorly chosen by me. You had said to me that ‘the fans are understandably furious’ and so I agreed that I was too, but the truth is, Iā€™m not.”

TV show supportShe continued, “I see that word now in print attributed to me and it’s very painful, because it seems to imply I am angry with ABC and nothing could be further from the truth. They treated me really well. I am not the least bit furious, with anyone. That’s simply not the kind of person I am. Yes, I’m sad about the show being cancelled, because it was creatively fulfilling and tons of fun to make and an amazing group of people, but I’m not angry.”

What do you think? Are you “furious” with ABC or just “sad” that Eastwick didn’t reach a bigger audience and was cancelled?

danielle markey February 18, 2010 at 3:55 pm

i love eastwick started watching it online and they have left a total cliffhanger someone else should pick it up

Kristin February 17, 2010 at 1:17 pm

To answer the previous question of whether I am “furious” or “sad” with ABC; I am Furious! They never gave the show a real chance. I never saw any previews about the show and only heard about from a friend that caught it one week. As soon as I became aware of I watched it religiously, only to have the network cancel it a few weeks later!

Laurie February 15, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Just now found out Eastwick was canceled when I did a web search to find out why it hasn’t been on. I’m so disappointed with ABC. They don’t seem to give their shows a chance to succeed unless they are extremely successful right out of the box. First it was Men in Trees, then Dirty Sexy Money, and now Eastwick. I think the execs at ABC should start reading these posts and get better in touch with what the public wants which is more smartly written, can’t wait until the next episode shows like Eastwick. Shame on you ABC for not giving this show a better chance to succeed by perhaps trying it on a different day and time slot. Very disappointing……….

Kat February 13, 2010 at 8:03 pm

I am so sad that Eastwick has been cancelled. I rarely get into a new show, and this one I absolutely fell in love with. Can they at least show the last episodes? I want to know what is going to happen with Jerry O’Connel’s character and the little boy. Anybody else?

Veronica Bosques February 13, 2010 at 10:41 am

Oh and WHEN it does come back on you HAVE to give it better tv coverage…. expose it more, maybe some more commercials…. something. Better advertising I think is all it needed.

Veronica Bosques February 13, 2010 at 10:29 am

Very disappointed as I had said before it got to to point where my BOYFRIEND actually liked it….. He was upset yesterday when I told me that I saw that it was being cancelled. CRAZY!!! BRING IT BACK PLEASE!?!?!?!?!

LJ February 11, 2010 at 3:59 pm

I never missed any of the epidoes of Eastwick & enjoyed it very much. How can such a great T.V. show like Eastwick be cancelled, and all of those ‘reality’ pieces of s–t continue to grind on FOREVER?!?

Sage February 10, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Absolutely Unbelievable! Out of all of the shows on tv this is the one that I looked forward to most – I also dvr’d it every week and have been looking and looking for it – finally decided to find out why, once again, it wasn’t on tonight so did a search to find out… FURIOUS is the understatement! It just goes to show that what the people want doesn’t matter to some exec sitting in a cushy chair at the top! Sad, very sad and quite disappointing!

Micki February 10, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Yes, I am so very disappointed! I loved it and the characters and I looked forward to the fun every week. It was a delightful show and the ladies did a great job. I think they need to make a come back!

Ellen February 10, 2010 at 5:51 am

I am furious too!! I love the show. Why a cancellation so soon in the show!!
As if all the CSI’s en NCIS ‘s in multiple factor are so looking forward to!
Get this show back on the air! Please!!

Angela Arenas February 9, 2010 at 6:42 pm

Furios! I loved it!!!

Karen February 8, 2010 at 2:26 pm

FURIOUS!!!!! Why do they always take away the awesome shows no one has had a chance to fall in love with!!! Come on people!!!!! This show rocks, just give it a chance for people to hear about it! Stupid ABC…what’s wrong with you !!!

dopeyz414 February 4, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I am furious. I really liked cougar town and Eastwick. I have stopped watching ABC on Wednesdays as a result. I saw some ratings and it showed Eastwick doing better than many other shows and cant believe that they canceled it.

shawn keeley February 4, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I am furious, they had to know they had a great show, just give the rest of us a chance to know it also, for example Kathy, once she found it she loved it. I want it back!

kathy February 3, 2010 at 7:45 pm

I JUST THIS SECOND found out Eastwick was cancelled. As everyone said, NO ONE HEARD about this show. I found it because I decided one day to watch Cougartown. Wednesday night became to me getting through Modern Family and Cougartown just to get to Eastwick. Now, I’ve been tuning in every Wednesday, and entering “Eastwick” on my DirecTV and finally, websearched to find that this fresh and fabulous show is cancelled? Crazy!