Eastwick: Cancelled TV Show Returns to ABC (briefly)

EastwickThe bewitching ladies of Eastwick are coming back to the alphabet network but fans shouldn’t get their hopes up. The ABC TV show’s still cancelled.

Eastwick revolves around three women (Rebecca Romijn, Lindsay Price, and Jaime Ray Newman) who meet at a wishing fountain and become friends. Soon after, mysterious Darryl Van Horne (Paul Gross) moves to town and unleashes powers within them. The cast also includes Ashley Benson, Johann Urb, Jon Bernthal, Sara Rue, and Veronica Cartwright.

The series got off to a poor start in the ratings and the numbers got worse and worse. The network essentially decided to cancel the show by deciding not to order any episodes beyond the initial 13.

ABC aired 11 episodes of Eastwick between September and December 2009. They had originally planned to air all 13 but opted to cut the run short and move Ugly Betty into the timeslot instead.

As you may recall, episode 10 of Eastwick ended with several cliffhangers. For some reason, ABC then ran episode 12, the last one before the series was pulled. The cliffhangers weren’t even mentioned in episode 12 and this left most viewers very confused and upset.

We were able to track down the episodes and in February published extended synopses of the two missing episodes; “Red Bath and Beyond” and the series finale, “Pampered and Tampered.” Not as good as watching them on TV but better than nothing.

Now, six months after Eastwick left the network, ABC has decided to finally air episodes 11 and 13. They’ll air on Saturday July 10th, beginning at 9pm. Unfortunately, most people won’t remember what was going on and episode 12 won’t be rerun between them. What’s more, the series finale doesn’t wrap up the show’s storylines.

What do you think? Are you glad that the last two episodes of Eastwick are finally airing or is it just too late to care?

Hekate RavenMoon June 25, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I really liked this show, and I hate that it was cancelled and won’t evolve into further seasons. Eastwick was the only reason I even “watched” the ABC network. Since the show was cancelled, I don’t even watch ABC news…I watch FOX news.

Rachel June 24, 2010 at 6:42 pm

I will no longer watch ABC, and none of my girlfriends plan to either! I didn’t even know about the show till it was cancelled!! Where was the advertising!!! I loved it once I got a chance to check it out online!!

P.S. ABC get your head out of your butt and run these shows during the summer when we need shows with a good storyline!! You won’t have to compete to hard when us at home moms are waiting on our fall shows to come back on!!

LISA ALFORD June 24, 2010 at 2:46 pm

I LOVE EASTWICK, AND IF I REMEMBER THAT THEY ARE ON THAT NIGHT I WILL DEFINETLY WATCH THEM. HOWEVER, IT REALLY IS TO LATE TO CARE.

Lorna June 23, 2010 at 12:32 pm

I stumbled across Eastwick on catch up in the Uk and was gripped really loved it watched all the episodes within a few days . How come great shows like this get cancelled i loved blood ties and that got cancelled too .

hans June 23, 2010 at 6:36 am

I think if abc wanted to get rid of this show they should have sold it to another network who could have found a better time slot … I am sick and tired of these reality TV shows that are still airing instead of talent.

Hekate RavenMoon July 1, 2010 at 3:19 pm

AMEN, Hans!!!

debbie satti June 22, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Ive just watched eastwick on virgin on demand also and i realy enjoyed it but then to my supprise they cancelled it. I cant beleive there isnt a second series to this one thats abit pointless whats the point in showing the programme at all its just left the viewers like myself wanting more and wanting to no WHAT IS NEXT?i realy dont think it was fair of them.Ive wonderd how i missed out on this it couldnt have had much promoting for viewers to tune in to it or its clashed with another good programm the tv companies just do things to suiet themselfs not for us watching these shows.who else agrees.!

red June 22, 2010 at 4:53 pm

I’m in the uk and really don’t understand the way the US are so ratings driven. Eastwick was great fun, but just misplaced in the schedule. I was really mad at the way viewers were left hanging, and then episode 13 mentioned nothing of the outcome of the cliff hangers! ‘Studio 60 on the sunset strip’ was an amazing show, i was staggered at how they dealt with behind the scenes and studio floor in their storylines, but again, cancelled.
Fire the executives, don’t cancel the shows!

Sherol June 22, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Another good show bites the dust. God forbid we keep anything original amid all the mindless reality fodder. Maybe internet TV is the answer it sure isn’t network TV.

Pat DeBow June 22, 2010 at 10:54 am

I loved the show and it makes me mad that networks cancel some shows without really giving them a chance and other crappy ones stay on the air longer than they should.
What’s that all about?

Melissa June 21, 2010 at 8:52 pm

I’m glad they are running the two episodes but still wish they would bring it back or really finish it up.

Vampiress Mina June 21, 2010 at 8:05 pm

I LOVED this show and looked forward to watching it every week. But, of course, as with anything that has a great cast and brilliant writers, it just had to be cancelled. We have some of the most horrible shows on TV that just wont die because of “ratings”. Keep feeding the sheeple the #$%sh*&t and put all intelligence and creativity to rest. Right, ABC? Right. You guys suck!

Hekate RavenMoon July 1, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Absolutely. If it wasn’t for the three C.S.I. shows, the three Law & Order shows (and a new Law & Order in the works), and the N.C.I.S. shows I would have nothing to watch. The ‘reality shows’ suck…S-U-C-K. Especially ‘Big Brother’.And don’t even get me started about these ridiculous cartoons (Family Guy, Neighbors from Hell, etc)…what the H*** ABC!!! Are you people smoking C***k??? They should have at least sold the show to the TNT network, USA Network, or even Soapnet.

Sam June 21, 2010 at 4:25 am

I loved the show, and I’m hoping that I will at least be able to see the last episodes over here in the UK. I thought it was funny and entertaining and brilliantly girly. I was gutted to find it had been cancelled!

Tadd June 20, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I’m very glad, makes me hate ABC a little less for canceling the great show to begin with. What I want to know is when is it coming out on DVD. After Eastwick and Ugly betty and flashforward gone I only watch Cougar town, which I love so I figure it will be canceled next, I’m not starting any new series with ABC. Can’t trust them .

Tracey & Oli June 20, 2010 at 2:55 pm

We have just watched all 13 episodes through Virgin – TV On Demand – Warner Channel.

How can the series be left on such a huge cliffhanger. Loved the series, was great to watch it in a concentrated time frame as we were gripped. Desperately want Season 2 NOW!!!!!

I’ve read through ABC that episodes 11 and 13 are still to be aired in July – believe me they’re worth watching but I’m not going to give any clues.

Bring on Season 2…….please? We need to know what happens…….

Brian June 20, 2010 at 6:39 am

I liked this show. ABC cancelled several of my favorites this time.
I’m willing to fight for FLASHFORWARD but don’t have enough time for Happy Town & Eastwick.