Eastwick: ABC Pulls Last Episodes; Will They Ever Air?

canceled EastwickFans of Ugly Betty just got some (possibly) good news. ABC is moving the dramedy to Wednesday nights at 10pm. Unfortunately, that’s spells bad news for fans of cancelled Eastwick.

Eastwick has had a tough time of it and has never quite found a wide audience. The show and its cast — including Rebecca Romijn, Lindsay Price, Jaime Ray Newman, Paul Gross, Ashley Benson, Johann Urb, Jon Bernthal, Sara Rue, and Veronica Cartwright — have become popular with a devout group of viewers but it’s just not big enough to keep the show on the air.

The show was effectively cancelled last month when ABC opted to not order any additional episodes beyond the initial 13 installments.

Eastwick executive producer, Maggie Friedman, said that this would mean that many show storylines would go unresolved. On the positive side though, it seemed like ABC was committed to airing all of the episodes.

Will ABC air the final episodes of Eastwick?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Unfortunately, it now appears that ABC has decided to pull the show off the air before the run is completed. Ugly Betty will take over the Eastwick timeslot on January 6th, bumping the last two episodes of the supernatural series from the schedule.

TV show supportFor now, it seems that the network has no plans to air the final installments of Eastwick. If ABC history is any indication, fans may have to wait until the summer months to see them — ala Dirty Sexy Money and Eli Stone. If not, then they’ll be able to find them on DVD, if there is one.

What do you think? Do you think ABC will get around to airing the last two episodes or will Eastwick fans be left hanging?

Toni March 13, 2010 at 4:15 pm

I LOVE EASTWICK, it was so interesting it shud b aired again!

Roxanne March 13, 2010 at 4:54 am

Shame on you ABC fro not finalizing Eastwick..or that’s how your executives work..can’t finish something?????! I can’t stand UGLY Betty ..it’s so lame! Bring back Eastwick..well heck did you give up on Desperate Housewives (I’m a fan) ? oh no !wait..Brothers & Sisters..please..now that’s the Dumbest thing I ever saw!

Zoe March 12, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I am not able to get any of these episodes to watch at all! Maybe they took them off the web-site or something???? I was really excited when I read above that you two (Tom and Joy) said you were able to watch the final episodes but I am not seeeing any options to watch them at all through Hulu, Netflix, or whatever the 3rd one was.. none of them worked.. just had clips of interviews with the actresses from the show. If you can find a way to help me get around this ir send me a hyperlink to directly watch the last three episodes I would reallllllllllyyyyyyyy appreciate it! Thanks! :)
RZ

Zoe March 12, 2010 at 5:40 pm

anyone heard anything about at least a DVD release? they did one for Pushing Daisies although there were 2 seasons of that show but still only 22 episodes total… they cancel all the really good shows with originality and character… they don’t advertise for them either. it’s all about V! V!V!V!V!V!V!V!V!V! and Flashforward etc! blah!!!!!!!

Carolyn March 9, 2010 at 11:29 am

What she said. PLEASE PUT IT BACK ON THE AIR

Kari-Lynn March 2, 2010 at 9:38 pm

So sad that this show is cancelled. I looked forward to it every week. My girlfriends (in our mid thirties) all enjoyed it too. I just don’t understand why it would be cancelled. How many reruns of The Simpsons, Family Guy, Two and Half Men, etc..,can one watch. It was a fun show and I hope they at least put it out on a video to purchase so we can see how it ends. :( VERY SAD:(

Kay February 24, 2010 at 8:42 pm

I just want to say that I loved Eastwick. It was one good show that I looked forward to watching every Wednesday night. It was like the Charmed show that I absolutely loved as well. I really hope that ABC reconsiders or that another network will pick up the show.

Joanna February 22, 2010 at 8:53 am

They should bring another series out of Eastwick it was so good. Miss it loads!!

Joy February 17, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Thanks Tom, it works perfect. Yea, I get to see the last two episodes.

Tom February 17, 2010 at 2:51 am

As far as I know this site is 100% legal and you can watch all 13 episodes that ABC sold to theHallmark Channel in the UK here is the link:

They are all there and yes it’s a GREAT ending!

eastwickfan February 16, 2010 at 1:36 pm

final episode is quite good, leaves you hanging a bit more….. he’s baaack, but even with the unknowns, to which we can let our own imaginations run wild, it is much more satifying than the sappy one they chose to end the run on. if you want to see it online, look it up as eastwick s01e13″ they aired it in britain on feb14th, and if abc wants to screw the faithful american viewers, then we need to go elsewhere to watch them, or you can just wait and support abc by buying their dvd’s if/when they finally get around to releasing one.
anyway, it was a great series, am going to miss it

becka February 5, 2010 at 1:47 am

FINALLY!!!!!ugly betty is gone!!!!bring me back Eastwick!!!!PLEASE!!!! I NEED EASTWICK!!! Thought you had finally gotten with the times!!!!Eastwick…YES!!!!No Ugly Betty..ugghh…yuck!!!! Go Eastwick

kirsten jackson February 5, 2010 at 12:43 am

I completely understand ABC cancelling the show if it isn’t profiting them. That’s how business it. But if ABC is going to cancel it, at least let the final episodes be available to view on ABC’s website like the other programs are. This show really didn’t have a chance. It wasn’t properly promoted, it had an aweful timeslot, and missed episodes were not available for viewing on ABC’s website. What a shame. I liked it. It was refreshing to those who miss Charmed.

lori musgraves February 3, 2010 at 7:32 pm

you should of canclled ugly betty, eastwick was way better then that stupid show, its real nice how the fans had to find out last

TruckerGirl February 3, 2010 at 5:50 pm

I knew this show would be cancelled, strange yet true. I knew it would be cancelled because I liked it. Like so many others, I am disappointed they left us hanging the way they did. This show had good content and could have gone places. I don’t get it how dumb ass shows like The Family Guy, The Simpsons and like shows last so long. Give us our girls back. Missing them in Florida TruckerGirl.