Eleventh Hour: CBS Cancels Paranormal TV Show, No Season Two

Eleventh HourTime has run out for CBS’ science-based drama. Based on a British series of the same name, the network has cancelled Eleventh Hour after 18 episodes.

Eleventh Hour revolves around a team of scientists and FBI agents who work to solve strange crimes that involve science and possible paranormal activity. The drama stars Rufus Sewell, Marley Shelton, and Omar B. Miller.

Debuting on October 9, 2008, the show started out with an audience of 11.37 million viewers and a 3.2/9 rating/share of the 18-49 demographic. The season ended up averaging about 12 million. While that looks fine on its own, the series consistently lost a large percentage of its CSI lead-in.

The show’s been “on the bubble” for awhile and now, the network has decided to cancel it. All of the show’s episodes have aired and there’s been no word on a DVD release.

EAB October 17, 2009 at 1:02 pm

This was such a great show. It was so much more interesting that the new show Three Rivers. I hope you bring it back. I loved the different scenarios each week. It was definitely way above any of the brain dead comedies on Monday night.

Beverly October 15, 2009 at 10:51 am

Ditto to all of the previous comments on the Eleventh Hour! I thought it was great and again, the last show left us wanting for more…perhaps the USA network will pick it up and continue production like it did with Law & Order Criminal Intent. I say that viewers should have a vote on the shows that stay or go, especially when there is such a large viewing audience. And while I love the CSI shows, the original without Gil Grissom just is NOT the same. Kathryn is a hard looking woman who’s getting a bit long in the tooth for my taste and she just can’t carry the show. And while Lawrence Fishborne is a fine actor, he just seems to be an actor on the show, going through the lines, not becoming the character. So, why not dump one CSI and put the 11th Hour back on or Without A Trace…just something different, well-written and acted?!?!

Hopkins October 14, 2009 at 7:06 pm

Quite amazing that this show was canceled. We have been waiting and waiting for the return…

Mark October 14, 2009 at 6:44 pm

I cant believe it.I dont know what else is left to say that has not already been said. Why do you continue to cancel the good shows and leave all the garbage on!!!!!!!!

Andy & Nancy Risso October 14, 2009 at 7:06 am

We so wish that CBS would reconsider the cancelation of Eleventh Hour. It was a great show, second to Fringe. I just don’t understand why these networks cancel the great shows and let the mediocer ones continue. Take a vote of the viewers and actually read their responses before cancelling a show. Afterall, isn’t getting the viewers part of the grand scem of things for them. Change time slots or something before cancelling a show to get a real idea of whether it’s a hit or not.
BRING ELEVENTH HOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Jillian Vile October 13, 2009 at 6:21 pm

This is so unfair! I loved, “Eleventh Hour” I never missed one episode! I watched it every night, I loved Dr. Hood! I was looking forward to seeing season two. I am glad that CSI is gone 2! KARMA!!!!!! they take a good show away and keep another one thats just not fair and they had to many CSI’s and they only had one eleventh hour! DANG IT! this show was da BOMB DIGGIDY!!!!!!!!! ;0 :)

Gwen October 12, 2009 at 11:06 am

I’ve been keeping an eye on my TV guide to see when the current season of Eleventh Hour would begin which led me to this blog. I really didn’t expect this news, and I’m glad to see so many agree with how I feel. This was a SMART show. The acting was top notch, the dialogue was sharp, and the story lines and relationships were interesting. I’m so tired of the mindless, graphic, bloody, melodramatic garbage which pervades the networks. Perhaps another network will pick it up.

Linda Dobbins October 10, 2009 at 6:48 am

The Eleventh Hour was a great show. I think it’s ratings were poor because of the 1o:00 pm time slot. I think the Mentalist should have been cancelled instead. I think the Mentalist had higher ratings because it was in a better time slot.

brian October 8, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Oh my goodnes Why did you canceled a really good show the Eleventh Hour WHY I say again WHY???? Bring it back it was one Great show.. I had no idea you canceled it I have been looking forward to watching season 2.. now I hear you took it all away WHY WHY WHY???? Think about it more.

BRIAN

betty October 8, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Why in the world would you canceled the Eleventh hour it was so good???? Do you realize that right now would be the perfect time to bring it back on the air.?/ Because of so manyParanormal shows on..People believe in this stuff and we can’t understand why you keep canceling all the good stuff when it comes to paranormal shows like Eleventh hour and others.. please bring it back if posiable it was a super show never miss one episode make new ones.
betty

Tom October 7, 2009 at 4:16 pm

I am so disappointed with the cancellation I think we need to come together and demand they put eleventh hour back on it was a fantastic show. Rufus Sewell is a awesome actor. What is with these networks and not allowing good shows to stay on TV. One of the cable channels should pick it up and continue production>

sheila October 7, 2009 at 1:10 pm

People are idiots…Eleventh Hour was much better than The Mentalist…how can people watch The Mentalist but didn’t want to watch Eleventh Hour. I’m so tired of these terrible shows they have been putting in the place after CSI. I thought “finally a show I can get into”. What happened???

cody russell October 6, 2009 at 10:32 am

i think that they should bring it back on i licked it alot it was on of my favorite shows other then night rider which was also cancelled what ever happened to the good ol days where tv shows werent based on ratings but were just “a good show” or “not a good show” whatever CBS will regret this they always jump the gun if it wasent for NCIS i would never watch CBS instead ill watch TNT, TBS and USA at least they dont cancel there shows congrads FAMILY GUY on 7 great seasons and WALKER TEXAS RANGER still kicking i see congrads…. CBS hope you change your minds this show was the only thing me and my parents did and id like to have that back!!!!

George October 6, 2009 at 6:30 am

Again CBS chooses to end anystory line that is slightly informative and entertaining as well. Better to have reality shows???? what a load of …well you know. Eleventh hour was truely a great series I hope they change their minds. Bring back television with some true entertainment value.

Cindy October 5, 2009 at 6:38 pm

CBS, you’re toast to me now. CSI is the only show I can kind of stomach on your network. CSI Miami sucks, CSI NY is “okay”, NCIS, blah, blah, and NOW NCIS L.A? Good god, you guys are saturating your market with the same old thing, different show name. I would rather die than watch one of the pathetic reality shows you have on. I’m sooooo glad I have UVerse and can record Discovery, NGC, and other decent shows to watch without ever having to resort to your channel again.