Eleventh Hour: CBS Cancels Paranormal TV Show, No Season Two

Eleventh HourTime has run out for CBS’ science-based drama. Based on a British series of the same name, the network has cancelled Eleventh Hour after 18 episodes.

Eleventh Hour revolves around a team of scientists and FBI agents who work to solve strange crimes that involve science and possible paranormal activity. The drama stars Rufus Sewell, Marley Shelton, and Omar B. Miller.

Debuting on October 9, 2008, the show started out with an audience of 11.37 million viewers and a 3.2/9 rating/share of the 18-49 demographic. The season ended up averaging about 12 million. While that looks fine on its own, the series consistently lost a large percentage of its CSI lead-in.

The show’s been “on the bubble” for awhile and now, the network has decided to cancel it. All of the show’s episodes have aired and there’s been no word on a DVD release.

ina November 24, 2009 at 7:59 pm

this show was my favorite!best of them all by far! iys so dumb that they cancled it. every other one was so predictable this one wasnt

joe November 18, 2009 at 9:53 pm

This show used a brain, Most Dont, I will miss it

Dawn November 9, 2009 at 5:28 pm

I will really miss this show, I looked forward to it everyweek.

joe November 9, 2009 at 5:28 pm

THE UNIT WAS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV. WHY DID THEY CANCEL IT??

beth November 9, 2009 at 5:27 pm

Im going to miss this show! is there no way of bringing it back?

scott November 9, 2009 at 5:26 pm

This show was great. CBS took it away!! They probably replaced it with that new NCIS, which is a joke!!!!!!!!!!! Bet that has great ratings

john November 9, 2009 at 5:25 pm

Bring back this show!!!!!!

Elizabeth November 6, 2009 at 11:25 am

I’ve been a long time fan of Rufus Sewell, a mesmerizing actor of immense talent. However, I must admit this series left me cold. It was too dark and creepy, and Sewell was always mumbling. I’d love to see him in another American series, though.

Dee November 5, 2009 at 2:12 pm

I really miss this show I wish they would bring it back.

Vicki M. November 3, 2009 at 2:48 pm

I agree 100 percent with what every one here is saying.. no one likes survivor any more… its lame!! and CSI..well that was my favorite show on tv but with the major cast change.. no longer to i watch that.. I LOVED eleventh hour!!!!!!!!! I thought it was a great change..and loved the diversity of the cast.. PLEASE bring it back!!!!!!!! I would think 12 million people would be great! I looked forward every week to watching and now that it is gone.. I”M DEPRESSED!! Lost and all that dancing with the stars can bite it.. I like something with a good story not lets see if these retarded celeberties can spin circles while a perfectly good stranger sits on a beach bitching about sand in his crack!!!!!! BRING ELEVENTH HOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE :(

concerned citizen October 27, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Apparently people would rather watch “the hills” and “real” something of something. I always find it sad how dumbed down our culture has become. Come on people, none of those “reality” shows actually show anything real. Yet excellent television like Eleventh Hour (which actually had a broad fan base) get swept under the rug because they are too intelligent. Its disappointing when a show that finally brought something new (even though it started out a British show) and smart, gets cancelled just because.

Joe October 25, 2009 at 8:41 pm

I usually do not blog about a mere television show, but Eleventh Hour was a mind blowing, nail-biting experience for me. Not just the scientific parts, but how science is applied and studied to bring light onto subjects otherwise shrouded in mystery. Its like Numbers but with hotter women in the cast. Not only that it taught science as well, Hood explained his methods in layman’s terms so those at home that did not understand right away go a glimpse of what he meant. His genius was the turning point in solving the case and bringing the “ethicless” to justice. I am only one man putting what I felt when I experienced the show. But by some “other geniuses” standpoint felt it necessary to just cancel a very important and eye-opening television experience. So, good job asshole!!!

Carol October 21, 2009 at 10:48 am

I miss Eleventh Hour!!! Please bring it back!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will October 21, 2009 at 10:10 am

Eleventh Hour is an excellent show. It is unique, what with the Jacob Hood character being a world-reknowned scientist and coming in at the “Eleventh Hour” as a “last hope” to solve a problem harming humanity. The show is much more interesting than many of the same old relics like Law & Order, and junk reality shows that are sadly so prevalent.

My wife and I have been waiting for the second season to start. When it didn’t start, we searched cbs.com and found out that, despite a viewier audience of 12 Million, it got cancelled. That is ridiculous. That are many, many shows that are of far less quality and yet they go on for a few years and some even last several years.

CBS: BRING BACK ELEVENTH HOUR. Or, at least sell the rights to another network (i.e., “JAG” from NBC cut to CBS success) so the 12 Million plus of us who liked the show can enjoy it.

Will

Tracy October 17, 2009 at 2:41 pm

I did the same thng. I have been looking for the second season to start and found this. I agree this show is second to Fringe. I do like the mentalist but I liked Eleventh hour better. How many survivors can people stand. Law and Order feels like a relic now.
Please bring back Eleventh Hour or let another network do it!