Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Ralph December 7, 2012 at 2:40 pm

This is one of the best shows this year. It is not violent and deals with the topic of bullying. We see Emily, who was bullied, meeting the bully,Cassandra, in their adult lives. Seeing the bully squirm as she begins to feel Emily’s substance is worth the watch.

Irma December 7, 2012 at 11:33 am

Well maybe the raitings are not so great cause some people including me, watch the series on the internet since we dont have the time to watch the show when it airs, if they dont want to have the show on the air then at leats put it online.. where can we sign the petition?

Jill December 5, 2012 at 11:21 pm

It’s getting to the point where I don’t even want to watch a series until it’s been on for a couple of years because so many don’t get past the first 13 episodes!
I was disappointed when Off the Map was cancelled and happy to see Mamie Gummer again in Emily Owens, MD. I really enjoyed the characters and will be sorry to see it go. Boo hiss CW and I’m NOT watching the replacement show!

Em December 5, 2012 at 5:24 pm

I really enjoyed Emily Owens M.D. I know it wasn’t the deepest or best show, but I truly enjoyed watching it and getting to know the characters.

Sarah Clark December 5, 2012 at 3:56 pm

It figures, just when there is something GREAT to watch the CW cancels it. Come on people! Emily Owens is a wonderful show!

Ddrhl December 5, 2012 at 12:59 pm

The ratings are poor because we’re watching it on HULU you morons who are making the decisions! Don’t do this! It’s a wonderful show! Better than so much of what is out there. Don’t look at the ratings. Find out how many of us are actually watching it. Anybody know if there’s a petition or another network who could pick it up?

Patricia kelley December 5, 2012 at 1:24 am

Love Emily owens md. Please don’t cancel!

ND Mitchell December 4, 2012 at 10:04 am

I am going to miss Justin Hartley and Michael Rady off TV again. :(

Margaret December 3, 2012 at 11:01 am

Please Emily Owens fans! To save this show from cancellation go to:Change.org and sign the petition! ONLY TAKES A MINUTE!

Richard December 1, 2012 at 5:04 am

TV in general is screwed up. Rating are all that matter, especially the 18-49 age group. To TV executives the rest of us are DEAD! It sucks that Emily Owens MD will be canceled! If we could just somehow…oh it would never work, screw the TV networks. We just don’t have the will power to tell them to shove it and turn the boob tube off. I value my time more than investing it starting to watch TV shows that I have NO CONTROL OVER being canceled at some TV JERKS (THE EXECUTIVES) whim! With over saturation of NETWORKS and new programming all the time, there is little hope that any programs can survive!!!

Val November 30, 2012 at 11:01 am

I agree with Jan. It was not promoted properly. If people took the time to actually watch it just a few times they would realize it seems like a combination of Scrubs and Greys. I think the CW puts on some good shows but does not give them enough chance. I will miss the show and I hope another net work will pick it up.

emily fan November 30, 2012 at 3:09 am

i’d be sad to see her go! at least finish the whole season…

Adam Decker November 29, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I liked it. I’m sad to see it go. I wish that it could have lasted longer, but even the CW can’t show it with that low ratings. I doubt another network would be interested, but I guess I’ll just have to watch the rest of it and hope for the best.

Craig November 29, 2012 at 4:20 pm

This show was doomed from the start. The CW is not the network for a medical drama/comedy, and its viewers are not partial to any actor who doesn’t have pinup good looks.

Jan November 29, 2012 at 9:54 am

I am so sad! It was my favorite new show. Smart, thoughtful, not too heavy. Perfect for a Tuesday night.

Anonymous February 6, 2013 at 2:46 am

I truly like Emily Owens. Its sweet, its makes me laugh, cry and think. There is no violence, nuity, swearing. What a change from all the other shows. . So enjoyable anyone can watch. The ratings are low because its on a time slot where there so much to watch at one time with other shows that have been around a while you put a new show with against a good rating show at the same time, you are setting it up for failure. Why are all shows bunched up together from Monday-Thursday within 3-hours. Happens all the time. What about Friday-Sunday? People works different days and hours. People don’t even know what’s on half the time and when you figure it out, show is canceled. I’m fed up with getting to like a show and its canceled just as you are starting to enjoy it. Problem is that shows don’t get enough air time for people to watch and get used to it and realize you like it. Give it at least two seasons. I’m fed up with starting a show and get into it and its canceled and you are stuck with crapy shows. Why is it that a lot of crapy shows make it and good ones don’t last. Bring Emily back. I miss it already